News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Carnegie Majungasaurus

Started by TheAllosaur, October 04, 2012, 01:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheAllosaur

Scott Hartman's Majungasaurus, (picture below) has an awesome, low slung look. I love it. Then the thought if Carnegie tried to make this version a model popped into my head. It's funny, thinking of how they could balance it. A tripod stance would be difficult, without making it look like a tail drag. It's just so funny..I'm weird..
Can anyone think of how they could do it without just leaving it natural looking? Balance it, I mean.

[attachment msg=20526][/attachment]
Part-time genius!

Takama

Do waht they did to the Albertasaurus.

SBell

Quote from: TheAllosaur on October 04, 2012, 01:39:00 PM
Scott Hartman's Majungasaurus, (picture below) has an awesome, low slung look. I love it. Then the thought if Carnegie tried to make this version a model popped into my head. It's funny, thinking of how they could balance it. A tripod stance would be difficult, without making it look like a tail drag. It's just so funny..I'm weird..
Can anyone think of how they could do it without just leaving it natural looking? Balance it, I mean.

That's basically the pose, build and shape of the CollectA Mapusaurus, and it mostly stands just fine.

TheAllosaur

That's collectA, carnegie seems to have problems with balance...
Part-time genius!

Iguanocolossus

I would love to see one based on that skeletal model. Yeah, CollectA made one, but I've got problems with their sculpts and sizes. I have no doubt we'll see one in a few years.

ZoPteryx

They would just do what they did to the Crylophosaurus: tripod using the tip of the tail.  Although I suppose if they really wanted to be daring, they could give it a base! :o

Concavenator

Actualy,I think a Majngasaurus from Carnegie would be nice,wouldn't it?

Blade-of-the-Moon

They did okay on the Carnotaurus..so I expect a Majunga would work well.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Concavenator on January 02, 2014, 02:49:09 PM
Actualy,I think a Majngasaurus from Carnegie would be nice,wouldn't it?
I'd like that. I wish the museum would be a bit more adventurous about the species they pick.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

And Majungasaurus is just such a cool dinosaur. I hope Papo does one.
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Concavenator

If we really want Carnegie to do a Majungasaurus,what about creating a topic suggesting it and send it to  Safari.You like the idea?  :)

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Concavenator on January 02, 2014, 07:09:49 PM
If we really want Carnegie to do a Majungasaurus,what about creating a topic suggesting it and send it to  Safari.You like the idea?  :)
I think Safari has already decided what species they're going to be releasing for 2015.

Concavenator

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 02, 2014, 07:28:47 PM
I think Safari has already decided what species they're going to be releasing for 2015.
Yes,but we could ask for it being released for 2016.

Yutyrannus

Yes, Safari has already finished their 2015 models, but we could definitely suggest it for 2016 (along with Yutyrannus and Nothronychus for Wild Safari ;D).

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Concavenator

Quote from: Yutyrannus on January 02, 2014, 11:23:42 PM
Yes, Safari has already finished their 2015 models, but we could definitely suggest it for 2016 (along with Yutyrannus and Nothronychus for Wild Safari ;D).
Where did you hear the 2015 dinosaurs are finished?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Concavenator on January 02, 2014, 11:26:41 PM
Doug Watson said something to that effect, and that he couldn't reveal any details about them. I'm not sure if he's started work on them yet, but I believe that Safari has already made their minds up about what they want. I wish I could find the quote, but I can't.

Unless I made some sort of mistake in interpreting his words, which way well be possible, given the cryptic way it was worded :-[

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Concavenator on January 02, 2014, 11:26:41 PM
I PM'd  Doug Watson a while back and he told me that any suggestions would have to be for 2016 because he already finished sculpting to dinosaurs for 2015.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.