News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

EoFauna - New for 2021

Started by GojiraGuy1954, October 27, 2020, 02:10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnoking

Well when you think of other companies releasing variants and repaints, it usually isn't back to back. REBOR is the only one that comes to mind for me that does three versions of a mold right off the bat. That being said, I think EoFauna have taken it a step further and specifically designed a model that plays off itself. I mean with REBOR you can, what? Stand them next to each other? These triceratops figures actually can be posed together in an engaging manner despite being the same mold, and I think that's an awesome idea for a color variant. 

Shonisaurus

I honestly like that Eofauna has made two color versions of their triceratops that make great fighting dioramas.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Carnoking on November 27, 2020, 04:31:09 PM
Well when you think of other companies releasing variants and repaints, it usually isn't back to back. REBOR is the only one that comes to mind for me that does three versions of a mold right off the bat. .......

:)  Kaiyodo has been doing it all the time for more than 20 years.

Carnoking

Quote from: postsaurischian on November 27, 2020, 11:58:36 PM
Quote from: Carnoking on November 27, 2020, 04:31:09 PM
Well when you think of other companies releasing variants and repaints, it usually isn't back to back. REBOR is the only one that comes to mind for me that does three versions of a mold right off the bat. .......

:)  Kaiyodo has been doing it all the time for more than 20 years.

Hm, didn't know kaiyodo was that old. So I guess kaiyodo and REBOR are the ones that come to mind then!

Libraraptor

I am stunned by this interpretation of a Triceratops! Usually I´d think "how boring, just another ...ops!" - but this one is a real surprise. I am going to get it, probably the Dominant variant.

Bernie Brontosaurus

The Triceratops is awesome! But now Eofauna needs to make a Tyrannosaurus rex to fight it!

Libraraptor

Quote from: Bernie Brontosaurus on November 29, 2020, 02:32:01 PM
The Triceratops is awesome! But now Eofauna needs to make a Tyrannosaurus rex to fight it!

My first impulse is "Oh no, not another Tyrannosaur!" But when I think more about it and look how they managed to re-interpret the second iconic dinosaur of all time (imo), I say"Well, why not?"

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Libraraptor on November 29, 2020, 06:26:53 PM
Quote from: Bernie Brontosaurus on November 29, 2020, 02:32:01 PM

My first impulse is "Oh no, not another Tyrannosaur!" But when I think more about it and look how they managed to re-interpret the second iconic dinosaur of all time (imo), I say"Well, why not?"

I don't give a damn about a nth tyrannosaurus either, but I hope that over the next few years Eofauna will make more tyrannosauroids that aren't the "King of dinosaurs and prehistoric and extinct animals of all time."

Carnoking

Overdone or not, at this point we are hurting for a fully updated proper T. rex figure from really any company (PNSO pending). I think if Eofauna took a crack at it they could give us something as awesome as the recent Sue statue on a smaller scale.

cooksonia

Quote from: Carnoking on November 30, 2020, 03:10:34 AM
Overdone or not, at this point we are hurting for a fully updated proper T. rex figure from really any company (PNSO pending). I think if Eofauna took a crack at it they could give us something as awesome as the recent Sue statue on a smaller scale.

What constitutes a proper T. rex figure in your view?  What recent Sue statue are you talking about? Just interested.

Bernie Brontosaurus

Quote from: cooksonia on November 30, 2020, 10:59:35 AM

What constitutes a proper T. rex figure in your view?  What recent Sue statue are you talking about? Just interested.

LOL

Carnoking

Yeah definitely that Sue statue posted by Bernie Brontosaurus. I think something like that would be awesome to have in model form.

Duna

Quote from: Bernie Brontosaurus on November 30, 2020, 11:41:24 AM

LOL

That is absolutely amazing! What a lovely beefy beast!

Ceratosaurus

I currently own both Eofauna's books 'The Theropods' and 'The Sauropods'. I can't help but notice they were released near the same times as their Giganotosaurus figure and Atlasaurus. With their next figure being a Triceratops, has there been any mention of an upcoming Ceratopsian book similar to the others?
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

suspsy

Quote from: Bernie Brontosaurus on November 30, 2020, 11:41:24 AM

LOL

The T. rex featured in the Theropods book isn't as beefy as that statue, plus it has exposed teeth and feathering on the back of its head. But I'd be perfectly happy with either rendition.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Ceratosaurus on January 24, 2021, 01:14:02 AM
I currently own both Eofauna's books 'The Theropods' and 'The Sauropods'. I can't help but notice they were released near the same times as their Giganotosaurus figure and Atlasaurus. With their next figure being a Triceratops, has there been any mention of an upcoming Ceratopsian book similar to the others?
It wouldn't be a book on just Ceratopsians, that would be like the book of Allosaururoids for Giganotosaurus. It would be an Ornithiscian book. (Even if you exclude birds, there are more theropods than all Ornithiscians and Sauropodomorphs together!)

And while I do expect Eofauna to release another of that overhyped Tyrannosaurus at some point. (If if it mostly scaly with a tiny bit of feathers I'd get it though - but please announce it before Everything Dinosaur gets Wilson).

Since Eofauna released (or will release) a well known Theropod and Ornithiscian and an obscure Sauropod, it would make sense for their second Theropod and Ornithiscian to be obscure and their second Sauropod to be well known. I'd suggest Apatosaurus for the sauropod. Maybe Chenanisaurus and Magnapaulia for the Theropod and Ornithiscian?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on January 24, 2021, 03:04:44 AM
Quote from: Ceratosaurus on January 24, 2021, 01:14:02 AM
It wouldn't be a book on just Ceratopsians, that would be like the book of Allosaururoids for Giganotosaurus. It would be an Ornithiscian book. (Even if you exclude birds, there are more theropods than all Ornithiscians and Sauropodomorphs together!)

And while I do expect Eofauna to release another of that overhyped Tyrannosaurus at some point. (If if it mostly scaly with a tiny bit of feathers I'd get it though - but please announce it before Everything Dinosaur gets Wilson).

Since Eofauna released (or will release) a well known Theropod and Ornithiscian and an obscure Sauropod, it would make sense for their second Theropod and Ornithiscian to be obscure and their second Sauropod to be well known. I'd suggest Apatosaurus for the sauropod. Maybe Chenanisaurus and Magnapaulia for the Theropod and Ornithiscian?
Not Apatosaurus. Most of its fossils got reassigned to Brontosaurus.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Concavenator

This is seriously annoying, every time I enter any Eofauna thread is to see if there are some in hand pictures of the new Triceratops, or at least to see if there's something new, but all I see is people speculating about what they will be releasing next or figures they would like to see. Could you please post all that in the Hopes thread?

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Narutoceratops on January 26, 2021, 11:06:12 AM
This is seriously annoying, every time I enter any Eofauna thread is to see if there are some in hand pictures of the new Triceratops, or at least to see if there's something new, but all I see is people speculating about what they will be releasing next or figures they would like to see. Could you please post all that in the Hopes thread?
Relax. The trike comes out in March.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Concavenator

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on January 26, 2021, 11:47:55 AM
Quote from: Narutoceratops on January 26, 2021, 11:06:12 AM
Relax. The trike comes out in March.

I know, it's supposed to be released in late February/March. But in 2019, the Atlasaurus was supposed to be released in November and in early October the first in hand pictures appeared from Baidu. That's why I wouldn't be surprised if very soon we started seeing real life pictures (and basically why I visit this thread or the general discussion one). But back then again, I find: I would like it if Eofauna made...  ::)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: