News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

EoFauna - New for 2021

Started by GojiraGuy1954, October 27, 2020, 02:10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

I hope we start seeing in hand pictures of the Triceratops soon. Apparently, Eofauna did participate in this year's Toy Fair, and they also said that it is due to be released by mid February, and we are in mid February. I don't know if things have gone well, though (not that I don't understand the situation we are currently living and the delays caused by that), but basically the figure is almost here. Excited to see what it looks like in real life.  :D

Duna

Eofauna Triceratops seems to be available next week ...  :D :D :D I'm so happy. Al least is what is stated in Alcaiceria. I have preordered it along with some other figures that I wanted.

https://www.alcaiceria.com/alcaiceria/compras/productos.php?CCODPRO=eofauna

I'm so excited!

Concavenator

Yeah, I saw it, but I'm not sure if it will be true that it's going to be available by that time. I find it strange that we haven't seen any pics yet from Baidu, we saw real life pictures of both the Giganotosaurus and the Atlasaurus from Baidu a month or more before they were widely available in most shops, but nothing so far of this Triceratops. We will just see, really looking forward to seeing it.

avatar_Duna @Duna which version did you end up getting?

Lynx

I can't wait for the trikes to finally be available. I think I will be getting the dominant one as I like the colors more.   
An oversized house cat.

SidB

I just ordered the pair from Dan's last night, but I'm not holding my breath for anything soon. Going to be patient.

Duna

Quote from: Concavenator on February 14, 2021, 05:34:45 PM
Yeah, I saw it, but I'm not sure if it will be true that it's going to be available by that time. I find it strange that we haven't seen any pics yet from Baidu, we saw real life pictures of both the Giganotosaurus and the Atlasaurus from Baidu a month or more before they were widely available in most shops, but nothing so far of this Triceratops. We will just see, really looking forward to seeing it.

avatar_Duna @Duna which version did you end up getting?
I chose dominant, I like the white horns. But I'm starting to think I should get also the other, because I really like the face.

By the way, the green "mud" in the legs of the cryptic version, it is blue as similar to that in the head, as stated by Eofauna in Facebook.

Concavenator

Alright, I asked Eofauna about the Triceratops, and they told me that they would be receiving the models this Friday or next Monday, and that, after that, it's only a matter of days until the several shops get the figures. I also said that I asked that because I thought it was strange that by now we haven't seen any real life pics, and they told me that by the time the Giganotosaurus and the Atlasaurus were released, a client was able to pick up the figures early from the factory, but that this time this hasn't been possible (which is understood).

So yeah, these are coming now!

SidB

Quote from: Concavenator on February 17, 2021, 12:32:57 PM
Alright, I asked Eofauna about the Triceratops, and they told me that they would be receiving the models this Friday or next Monday, and that, after that, it's only a matter of days until the several shops get the figures. I also said that I asked that because I thought it was strange that by now we haven't seen any real life pics, and they told me that by the time the Giganotosaurus and the Atlasaurus were released, a client was able to pick up the figures early from the factory, but that this time this hasn't been possible (which is understood).

Great news, thanks for this update.

Duna

Fantastic news! I hope I receive mine soon ...

Arctinus

Ugh, double post.  >:(

Arctinus

Quote from: Ceratosaurus on January 24, 2021, 01:14:02 AM
I currently own both Eofauna's books 'The Theropods' and 'The Sauropods'. I can't help but notice they were released near the same times as their Giganotosaurus figure and Atlasaurus. With their next figure being a Triceratops, has there been any mention of an upcoming Ceratopsian book similar to the others?

Ruben Molina PĂ©rez wrote on their Facebook page that they're going to release books on Ornithischia, Cenozoic birds and Pterosaurs eventually, calling them "safe publications".  :D

That's awesome! Thanks for the update. I was wondering when it would be available . :D

Callophrys

I had an email from Everything Dinosaur yesterday to say that they were struggling to get reliable tracking information for this figure, so as a precautionary measure they've put back the expected release date to March 15th.

I'm not too bothered as it will give me time to put up another shelf!  ;)

Halichoeres

Quote from: Callophrys on February 26, 2021, 05:08:41 PM
I had an email from Everything Dinosaur yesterday to say that they were struggling to get reliable tracking information for this figure, so as a precautionary measure they've put back the expected release date to March 15th.

I'm not too bothered as it will give me time to put up another shelf!  ;)

Good to know. They'll probably be my source, Eofauna figures are much more expensive from US sellers.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

triceratops83

Just got a newsletter from Minizoo saying the Triceratops will be available next week.

EDIT - scratch that, it's out now.

https://www.minizoo.com.au/eofauna-triceratops-sp-dominant/

https://www.minizoo.com.au/eofauna-triceratops-sp-cryptic/
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Carnoking

More in hand photos of both the dominant and cryptic variant from Diermodel

suspsy

Yeah, I'm just not digging the blue version. Will go with the black one instead!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Stegotyranno420

The cryptic version is all good and much better, expect for those oddly colored legs. I mean, even if they still wanted to keep that color, at least blend it.
Still a phenomenal triceratops

SRF

Really a hard choice this. I like them both but I do like different aspects of both of them better than on the other one.

I prefer the body and frill coloration of the cryptic version. I don't mind the blue legs, but I really like the coloration of the horns of the dominant version much better. It seems that the dominant version has red eyes where the cryptic version had more yellowish eyes which I like better. And so on...
But today, I'm just being father

Bread

The orange on the frill of the dominant variant is more of a bothersome,to me at least, as opposed to the blue legs on the cryptic. Regardless of everyone's opinions, this has to be one of the best Triceratops on the market, excluding BOTM since they are articulated.

SidB

Quote from: Bread on March 06, 2021, 01:44:37 PM
The orange on the frill of the dominant variant is more of a bothersome,to me at least, as opposed to the blue legs on the cryptic. Regardless of everyone's opinions, this has to be one of the best Triceratops on the market, excluding BOTM since they are articulated.
They are remarkable. One thing that is slowly emerging (since very few figures have been issued to date) is that their figures have a distinctive "look." This signature appearance includes very high production values, a conservative approach to interpretation, a faithfulness to the research done up to the time of the design and creation of the specific figure and subdued but subtle coloration, carefully applied. Very impressive. I eagerly await their next introduction(s), but I don't hold my breath.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: