News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

EoFauna - New for 2021

Started by GojiraGuy1954, October 27, 2020, 02:10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paleochris

FANTASTIC figure !!! I love it !!! The choice of paint is quite neutral and realistic as I like, the figure has a perfect scale! purée 62 cm!!! I want it!!!

Thialfi

PrimevalRaptor

Whoa, that's a majestic Diplodocus for sure, I love the color scheme, it's natural but not drab.

SidB

Definitely an acquisition for me.

Lynx

Shoot! This reminded me that I should buy that Giga before it's stock gets low
An oversized house cat.

Psittacoraptor

Wow! If the paint application on the final product lives up to the prototype, this Diplo will be my first Eofauna purchase.

People are complaining about the scale on that FB post, but it's already 62cm long. If they made it any bigger, they'd probably need to make the tail detachable, else you'd need huge boxes for shipping. 1:40 is a good compromise, I think.

suspsy

1:40 is in scale with both the Atlasaurus and the steppe mammoth. Also with a vast chunk of prehistoric toys from other companies. Some people are just hopelessly self-entitled. And they'd probably gripe about the shipping costs if it was 1:35 instead.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Faelrin

Woke up to seeing this beauty. This will look so lovely alongside the Safari Ltd Camarasaurus and Apatosaurus as well. Similar or same scale as well.

Now I'm just left wondering what the cost will be and when I'll be able to afford it once US retailers get it?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Flaffy

I think we have a new contender for the "definitive" Diplodocus figure!
Can't wait to see it displayed next to the legendary Battat Diplodocus.

I don't really know why, but I find Eofauna's sauropod reconstructions a lot more convincing than their other dinosaurs. They're just in a different league.

Bread

Eofauna you have my attention.
I was really back and forth with their Triceratops, but this is definitely an instant purchase. Now I need to find a good 1:40 scale Allosaurus....

Sim

The Eofauna Diplodocus looks impressive, but I don't like its colouration or how the spines on the tail suddenly get bigger and then smaller again.  I won't be getting it, I'll be sticking with the Wild Safari Diplodocus.  I also wish Eofauna would have made a different sauropodomorph, e.g.: Riojasaurus, Lufengosaurus, Eoraptor, Amargasaurus or Apatosaurus.  Oh well.

I'm half looking forward to when Eofauna will make a theropod again.  I say "half" because there are theropods I'd very much like Eofauna to use their skill and talent on, but at the same time I saw on Facebook a suggestion that their next theropod will be a tyrannosaurid, Tyrannosaurus rex it looks like and that doesn't interest me.  It looks like it will be a very long time before Eofauna makes something I like, if they ever do.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Sim on October 13, 2021, 02:27:52 PM
The Eofauna Diplodocus looks impressive, but I don't like its colouration or how the spines on the tail suddenly get bigger and then smaller again.  I won't be getting it, I'll be sticking with the Wild Safari Diplodocus.  I also wish Eofauna would have made a different sauropodomorph, e.g.: Riojasaurus, Lufengosaurus, Eoraptor, Amargasaurus or Apatosaurus.  Oh well.

I'm half looking forward to when Eofauna will make a theropod again.  I say "half" because there are theropods I'd very much like Eofauna to use their skill and talent on, but at the same time I saw on Facebook a suggestion that their next theropod will be a tyrannosaurid, Tyrannosaurus rex it looks like and that doesn't interest me.  It looks like it will be a very long time before Eofauna makes something I like, if they ever do.
1:35 scale Eoraptor moment
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Carnoking

Hm... not sure how I feel about the color actually but I'm sure it's a lighting thing. I'm pretty excited overall!

Sim

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on October 13, 2021, 02:40:50 PM
1:35 scale Eoraptor moment

Eofauna said they would make small animals in a larger scale. :P

Fembrogon

Eofauna said in the Facebook comments to expect this model around January - next thread for the 2022 section?
I think it looks really nice. The two-tone color pattern is unique, and the sculpting looks splendid as always. I admit the model still looks kind of skinny to me, but I should probably read up on diplodocid anatomy and review the original paper the 3D model came from.
Eofauna's only doing 1-2 figures a year and I still can't catch up!

Bread

Januar 2022? Yikes, you never know what PNSO will release between now and then that will change my mind about this figure.

So Eofauna did for sure confirm a Tyrannosaurus or is that a rumor?
Again, we have GR Toy's Tyrannosaurus coming up soon. Really goes to show how fortunate we are with models/figures nowadays.

I keep looking at the Diplo's images and it just catches me with nostalgia for WWD's Diplodocus.

Shonisaurus

Holy God! It's very nice, that diplodocus looks like something out of a paleo-illustration book by Andrey Atuchin. It is perhaps the best diplodocus on the market along with Battat's and Safari's. Magnificent figure, how cool!

Mellow Stego

Keep calm and love dinosaurs

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SidB

Quote from: Lynx on October 13, 2021, 01:35:26 PM
Shoot! This reminded me that I should buy that Giga before it's stock gets low
It's a worthwhile purchase, glad that I got mine.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: