News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

EoFauna - New for 2021

Started by GojiraGuy1954, October 27, 2020, 02:10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITdactyl

Musee is the same as M.See right?

On that note, ;D ;D ;D what a way for me to derail the topic again. I think you're right though avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres , it's probably just an unpainted Musee dippy.

*edit* got a reply from the pic's owner. Apparently it's an even older Lu Feng Shan dippy. Embarrassment meter rises.

Shonisaurus

By the way, you had to ask Eofauna if they are going to make two versions of the diplodocus painting, as they did with their triceratops. I would like two versions of paint as I already mentioned in other posts in this thread.

Sim

I'm disappointed Eofauna is making a Diplodocus.  It looks like it will be longer than the Wild Safari Diplodocus and I don't have space for one that length.  I also have the WS Diplodocus and am happy with it.  Apatosaurus needed a new figure more than Diplodocus, Diplodocus doesn't even have a confirmed skull.  I've also been waiting so long for Eofauna to make another theropod, their Giganotosaurus is good quality but a pretty poor reconstruction of the animal so I was waiting for Eofauna to make a better theropod.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Sim on July 24, 2021, 02:44:11 PM
I'm disappointed Eofauna is making a Diplodocus.  It looks like it will be longer than the Wild Safari Diplodocus and I don't have space for one that length.  I also have the WS Diplodocus and am happy with it.  Apatosaurus needed a new figure more than Diplodocus, Diplodocus doesn't even have a confirmed skull.  I've also been waiting so long for Eofauna to make another theropod, their Giganotosaurus is good quality but a pretty poor reconstruction of the animal so I was waiting for Eofauna to make a better theropod.
A lot of Apatosaurus material was reassigned to Brontosaurus
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

SidB

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on July 24, 2021, 06:02:15 PM
Quote from: Sim on July 24, 2021, 02:44:11 PM
Good points about the Apatosaurus. I'm one who would have preferred this taxon, though I'll buy the Diplodocus from them anyways. My speculation is that, to keep transportation costs reasonably consistent with Eofauna's price point, the relatively lightweight Diplodocus is more viable than the much heftier Apatosaurus. Big, heavy, relatively inexpensive sauropods are close to extinction.

Flaffy

Still hoping they make a return to proboscideans :'(
They were easily the best on the market. Hope that they produce the more bizarre and physically striking members of the family, like Gomphotheres and Amabelodontids. Or maybe even basal members like Moeritheriids to display the evolution of this iconic group of mammals.

John

I am delighted that EoFauna decided to go with Diplodocus.That was my number one choice of sauropod on Eofauna's questionnaire. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

suspsy

EoFauna's Diplodocus is based on the latest research by Asier Larramendi and Gregory Paul, in which a skeleton was scanned by photogrammetry to create the most up-to-date 3D model of a sauropod yet. It's probably going to be a spectacular rendition and it strikes me as ungenerous to chastise EoFauna merely because one lacks the display space or already has a Diplodocus toy.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

MLMjp

Quote from: suspsy on July 25, 2021, 01:43:02 PM
EoFauna's Diplodocus is based on the latest research by Asier Larramendi and Gregory Paul, in which a skeleton was scanned by photogrammetry to create the most up-to-date 3D model of a sauropod yet. It's probably going to be a spectacular rendition and it strikes me as ungenerous to chastise EoFauna merely because one lacks the display space or already has a Diplodocus toy.
Specially when so many people (including me) are tired of sauropod figures being so small, and miss the old days when sauropods got large figures. I don't know if I will get this Diplodocus, we will see...but I´m glad it´s being made and I hope it is successful, so EoFauna makes more large sauropods in the future. Speaking of the future and because some people talk about Apatosaurus, it would be nice if Eofauna eventually completes the trio of "classic" sauropods with Brachiosaurus and Apatosaurus later down the road.

Halichoeres

Diplodocus wouldn't have been my first choice, but it makes sense given its recent use in the water-displacement paper.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Dinoxels

EoFauna's Diplodocus is based on the latest research by Asier Larramendi and Gregory Paul, in which a skeleton was scanned by photogrammetry to create the most up-to-date 3D model of a sauropod yet.
I love that Eofauna actually used the paper they helped with to make this. I hated how people started throwing outdated skeletals in here and saying the Diplodocus was "inaccurate" when it's literally from a peer reviewed scientific paper. Minor rant lol, it was just bugging me seeing them thrown under the rug.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Sim

Source?

Who was chastising Eofauna?  I wasn't, I simply expressed I was disappointed and why.

suspsy

Quote from: Dinoxels on July 25, 2021, 05:01:58 PM
EoFauna's Diplodocus is based on the latest research by Asier Larramendi and Gregory Paul, in which a skeleton was scanned by photogrammetry to create the most up-to-date 3D model of a sauropod yet.
I love that Eofauna actually used the paper they helped with to make this. I hated how people started throwing outdated skeletals in here and saying the Diplodocus was "inaccurate" when it's literally from a peer reviewed scientific paper. Minor rant lol, it was just bugging me seeing them thrown under the rug.

Indeed. Imagine how Larramendi must have felt then.

I don't know if I have the space or the budget for the Diplodocus myself, but given that I eventually bit the bullet on all the other EoFauna toys save for the Giganotosaurus and don't at all regret it, I shall hold that decision till I see the final product.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Sim on July 25, 2021, 05:23:48 PM

Source?

Both A. parvus and A. yahnahpin are now B. parvus and B. yahnahpin
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

stargatedalek

I'm just disappointed they posed the neck like this.

EoFauna themselves acknowledged this wasn't the animals natural posture, and that this is meant to be an unusual pose where the animal is lowering its neck to look at something below it. While unusual novel poses can be great, this is a case where I disagree, as the unusual pose matches the pose mistakenly often promoted as the animals usual posture, and so while not inaccurate, is both further promoting an inaccuracy, and makes the figure seem a lot less unique and more like every other Diplodocus figure.

Bread

Quote from: stargatedalek on July 26, 2021, 07:11:34 PM

EoFauna themselves acknowledged this wasn't the animals natural posture, and that this is meant to be an unusual pose where the animal is lowering its neck to look at something below it. While unusual novel poses can be great, this is a case where I disagree, as the unusual pose matches the pose mistakenly often promoted as the animals usual posture, and so while not inaccurate, is both further promoting an inaccuracy, and makes the figure seem a lot less unique and more like every other Diplodocus figure.
If you don't mind me asking from your point of view, how does this one compare to Safari's 2017 Diplodocus? Is Safari's more accurate or is Eofauna's (based upon slight images)?

Flaffy

Quote from: stargatedalek on July 26, 2021, 07:11:34 PM

Would've preferred a more natural posture too. The horizontal look has been done to death by countless companies, a more upright neck would help bring the information of Diplodocus's updated posture to the general public, rather than further perpetrate the outdated plank-like posture.

The point regarding making Eofauna's figure stand out from the crowd is very valid too. Remember when people weren't all that hyped about yet another Triceratops figure, but Eofauna managed to surprise us with Yoshi's Trike? Wouldn't it be great if avatar_Eofauna @Eofauna made the world's first Diplodocus depicting a corrected posture?

Artwork by Mark Witton

Sim

GojiraGuy1954, that was ages ago, back in 2015, I already knew about that.  And as far as I'm aware, no skull is known for Brontosaurus.  When I said Apatosaurus needed a new figure more than Diplodocus, I was thinking of Apatosaurus ajax and Apatosaurus louisae.  Looking at skeletals online though, A. ajax is rather fragmentary.  A. louisae is really good though!: https://www.deviantart.com/spinoinwonderland/art/Apatosaurus-louisae-skeletal-reconstruction-884448107

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on June 05, 2021, 03:29:03 PM
Quote from: Prehistory Resurrection on May 30, 2021, 06:43:33 AM
https://youtu.be/1AGK4-qlpcw
Oh hey look its me
In what sense do you mean that?
Edit:NVM, I was finally able to watch it(connection wasn't working) and I saw what you meant

Faelrin

Not 100% sure on this, but wouldn't a more raised posture help save shelf space too? I'm sure this one will be on my wishlist though, although I am very much behind with all their offerings currently. I'm really curious about the color scheme still. I'm also wondering when this will go up for pre-order or sale at retailers. The only Diplodocus I have is the small Favorite one I obtained earlier this year. I still like it, but it would be great to have one more to scale with many of the dinosaurs in my collection currently.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: