News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leyster

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 09, 2021, 06:53:44 PM
Oh wow, never really noticed before, but that means the Papo Acro's arms are wayyy oversized. Not as bad as their Allo, but still.
Yeah, it's one of my main criticism on that figure (among other are the shrinkwrapped sail, the muscolature and the pose). But even Battat (on which I put much more trust than Papo) got the arms wrong.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Concavenator

I think the Torvosaurus may be the next release we see, but we could also see a Helicoprion and a new Stegosaurus, because they posted some artwork for something called "Spring Festival" (I don't know what that is, though). However, I'm very intrigued to what will be coming beyond these (very likely) releases. There's some speculation as to what they could be (like the tyrannosauroids from that puzzle), but nothing as clear as the Torvosaurus.Almost  every single publication I see concerning PNSO figures has the hashtag #Torvosaurus in it  ;D

SRF

Quote from: Concavenator on May 10, 2021, 02:17:50 PM
I think the Torvosaurus may be the next release we see, but we could also see a Helicoprion and a new Stegosaurus, because they posted some artwork for something called "Spring Festival" (I don't know what that is, though). However, I'm very intrigued to what will be coming beyond these (very likely) releases. There's some speculation as to what they could be (like the tyrannosauroids from that puzzle), but nothing as clear as the Torvosaurus.Almost  every single publication I see concerning PNSO figures has the hashtag #Torvosaurus in it  ;D

More than anything else, those hashtags are mainly used because it will cause more online traffic to their content. But I do agree that it would make sense if the Torvosaurus is at least one of the next reveals from PNSO. But unless PNSO teases some more species shortly, I think it could well be that we're getting a "surprise" release from them as well. There are quite a few numbers missing in the current line up (43, 47, 48, 49, 51) and they won't stop after number 52 either.
But today, I'm just being father

Faelrin

So at minimum that's 5 4 left to be revealed. Interesting.

Edit: Helicoprion is number 43.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

sauroid

i just hope they move on from their base brown color for their new/recent figures...
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

SRF

Quote from: Faelrin on May 10, 2021, 03:45:22 PM
So at minimum that's 5 left to be revealed. Interesting.

Yes. And it wouldn't surprise me if the next release gets number 54 or higher.  :P

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Thialfi

Bread

Glad I was right. Guess my prehistoric marine collection is about to start.

Also, happy to see that this does not have a blue coloration. Always good to switch that up with sharks.

Edit: So that also means Torvosaurus is the last artwork teaser to receive a figure? Hoping that this is at least true as this genus is heavily underrepresented, plus all figures released/revealed are figures/statues.

Stegotyranno420

While i will have had preffered torvosaurus, im glad some folks are really happy with this guy. Its always a great to see so many guys happy

Carnoking

There was also artwork of stegosaurus and a handful of sauropods. We did already get a stegosaurus in the past, but maybe there are plans to revamp Bieber.

Regarding the Helicoprion, I rarely collect non-dinosaurs (which is why I wouldn't mind if PNSO wound up doing some mammals to give me even more of a break) so I don't think I'll be getting this one right away. That being said, it is a pretty cool model of such a bizarre creature, so I might spring for it down the road. I did wind up getting the atopodentatus after a while so we'll see.

Patrx

Hooray, a non-megalodon sharkish fish! Looks pretty good to my non-expert eyes.

Faelrin

What an amazing reveal! About time for an up to date reconstruction too (now if only they could do the same for Dunkleosteus). I like the articulated jaw too. Should be lots of fun to play around with the famous buzz saw. This year has been pretty good so far for prehistoric fish figures (now this, CollectA's Xiphactinus, the LIFE game miniatures, etc).

Was just about to share the pics but looks like I've been spared the effort.

Honestly though I was kind of wanting this one from them very recently after seeing a post about some shark (and relative) book from them on their instagram (by the way does anyone know if there is an English copy out there of this book?). Glad to see this really.

https://www.instagram.com/p/COhuHowFWxO/

Edit: avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres Do you want the honor of adding this to the DTC site since fish are your thing after all? Or shall I tend to it tomorrow? Either way this is going on my (lengthy PNSO) wishlist for sure once up over there.

Edit 2: I just noticed some of the figures (and bronze statues) we are getting now have been in the works, or based on something that's been around for a while now, such as the Microraptor Gaoyuan (#29), the Yutyrannus Yinqi, the bronze Sinosauropteryx and Gigantoraptor, etc. Made a more detailed respone on this here: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9150.msg290803#msg290803 but figured I would share these observations around here as well.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

SBell

That helicoprion makes me very happy! Definitely on my list.

Gwangi

Easily one of the most exciting PNSO reveals so far. This will be a must have for me.

SRF

Well well, so there's number 43.  :) That Helicoprion really looks nice, but since I'm not into marine animals this will be a pass for me.

In other news: Lana Time Shop posted on their social media that the Carcharodontosaurus has an estimated shipping time of early June. So that's a little earlier than initially thought. Good news as well for those who like me live in Europe.  :)
https://www.instagram.com/p/COtm-FmlEnc/?igshid=18gjjcwde03a7

Concavenator

Quote from: Concavenator on May 10, 2021, 02:17:50 PMbut we could also see a Helicoprion

I just said this yesterday  >:D

SRF

Quote from: Carnoking on May 11, 2021, 03:55:31 AM
There was also artwork of stegosaurus and a handful of sauropods. We did already get a stegosaurus in the past, but maybe there are plans to revamp Bieber.

Regarding the Helicoprion, I rarely collect non-dinosaurs (which is why I wouldn't mind if PNSO wound up doing some mammals to give me even more of a break) so I don't think I'll be getting this one right away. That being said, it is a pretty cool model of such a bizarre creature, so I might spring for it down the road. I did wind up getting the atopodentatus after a while so we'll see.

Ah yes, those sauropods. I almost forgot about those. This means that while there are 4 empty spots in the Prehistoric Animals Line up, we still have even more species that PNSO has already teased:

- Torvosaurus
- Stegosaurus
- Patagotitan
- Ruyangasaurus
- Diplodocus
- An unidentified sauropod, because there was only Chinese text on the artwork

And then there is still that Edmontonia which was revealed but never released. Also it wouldn't surprise me if PNSO also releases PVC figures of Triceratops and Thalassodromeus (or a bronze statue of Parasaurolophus for that matter).

At this rate, PNSO will probably not stop there either, I think. In short: there's still a lot to look forward to!

PrimevalRaptor

Something about the upper jaw seems a bit weird to me in terms of texture (almost looks like some weird hardened structure?) but man, otherwise this is really nice, especially compared to some older options.
And it's really refreshing to have a prehistoric fish that isn't C.megalodon or Dunkleosteus (as much as I like the Dunk)

suspsy

Where and when did we see signs of Ruyangosaurus? Sure hope it's not another bronze piece.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: