News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRF

Quote from: suspsy on May 11, 2021, 11:18:06 AM
Where and when did we see signs of Ruyangosaurus? Sure hope it's not another bronze piece.

It was part of the sauropod artwork they've released in the same way as they teased the Carcharodontosaurus, Yutyrannus, Pachycephalosaurus and Torvosaurus.

Those images where on this forum but I can't find them anymore. They can still be found on Instagram though: https://www.instagram.com/p/CL8RV9LIlX3/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
But today, I'm just being father

suspsy

Quote from: SRF on May 11, 2021, 11:27:19 AM
Quote from: suspsy on May 11, 2021, 11:18:06 AM
Where and when did we see signs of Ruyangosaurus? Sure hope it's not another bronze piece.

It was part of the sauropod artwork they've released in the same way as they teased the Carcharodontosaurus, Yutyrannus, Pachycephalosaurus and Torvosaurus.

Those images where on this forum but I can't find them anymore. They can still be found on Instagram though: https://www.instagram.com/p/CL8RV9LIlX3/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Interesting. The artwork would suggest a PVC. I wonder how big it will be. Hopefully not too humongous and therefore too expensive.  :-\
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Bread

Kind of worries me about PNSO making sauropods. I mean what scale will they be and at what cost? Maybe I'll just have to avoid these but still leaves me with curiosity.

suspsy

Quote from: Bread on May 11, 2021, 12:06:56 PM
Kind of worries me about PNSO making sauropods. I mean what scale will they be and at what cost? Maybe I'll just have to avoid these but still leaves me with curiosity.

Yes, I'm really hoping that they make them at a smaller scale to keep them within a similar price point as the other PVCs. It's not like those ones are in scale with each other anyway.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

So pleased to see the Helicoprion, that is lovely. Very pleased.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Halichoeres

Well, I'm relieved it isn't a bronze sculpture! Helicoprion is definitely the most exciting release from my point of view since the Atopodentatus. It's the best Helicoprion toy that has been made, and I hope everybody buys it. I'll leave it at that for now in terms of critiques.

It's an important first for PNSO, though. Well over half of their offerings are from the Cretaceous, and most of the rest are from the Jurassic. This is the first time they've ever made a Paleozoic animal of any kind, so it definitely increases my interest in PNSO as a company (I haven't bought a theropod from them since the Yangchuanosaurus in 2019).
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

I'm definitely getting that Helicoprion. More Paleozoic fauna would be great, whether they're from land or sea. Although I hope they'd pass on Dimetrodon in favour of other synapsids. Got enough toys of that one. Same goes for Dunkleosteus.

A nice big Inostrancevia would be nifty.

Dromaenychus

Normally stick to dinosaurs, but Helicoprion is just so wonderfully weird-looking, that I'll be getting it. Fingers crossed its priced closer to Megalodon.

Pachyventer

Here's some info about the Helicoprion figure from ED:
https://blog.everythingdinosaur.co.uk/blog/_archives/2021/05/11/pnso-to-add-a-helicoprion-model.html

As guys there say, this figure is likely to be available later in the summer (2021). So I really want to think that the Torvosaurus model will be the next "orderable" release :)))

SidB

Speaking of the "orderables", there's the Yutyrannus in queue, yes?

Pachyventer

If I got it right, to date we have 3 figures to be on sale this summer: Carcharodontosaurus, Yutyrannus, and Helicoprion. With those fancy-looking teasers by PNSO in mind, I guess we have Stegosaurus and Torvosaurus yet to come. And I really hope the Stegosaurus 2.0 won't be a bronze statue.

sauroid

that Helicoprion looks fantastic. PNSO figures never cease to amaze me, one after another.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Bread

Glad this is a summer release as I plan to order all the summer releases at once, a bulk purchase if you may.

Concavenator

Quote from: SidB on May 11, 2021, 07:33:40 PM
Correct. The Yutyrannus is the only one of all the releases shown so far that can't be ordered (nor preordered) right now, at least globally. As to why, I have no clue.

Bread

Quote from: Concavenator on May 11, 2021, 10:08:22 PM
Quote from: SidB on May 11, 2021, 07:33:40 PM
Correct. The Yutyrannus is the only one of all the releases shown so far that can't be ordered (nor preordered) right now, at least globally. As to why, I have no clue.
Strange, even Dan has the Helicoprion shown in the PNSO category, although price not shown (just 0.00 as of now). The Carcharodontosaurus is available for preorder but the Yutyrannus is not there.
Hope nothing has changed last minute, probably my highest priority of a figure to get right now.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Everything Dinosaur says the Helicoprion will be available in the summer for them. Like the Allosaurus and Pachycephalosaurus. I don't think its the same situation as the Yutyrannus and Carcharodontosaurus where everyone has to wait. It's just that for me it doesn't matter because it will be a wait anyway. But I am in no rush.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Concavenator

avatar_Bread @Bread S @SidB The Yutyrannus is now up on Dan's site. Though it can't be preordered (same with the Helicoprion)

Shonisaurus

I hope to buy that helicoprion at everythingdinosaur. It is a beautiful and excellently good figure. I count the days. Finally a prehistoric fish in acceptable size that is not dunkleosteus or megalodon!

The change of rules when it comes to making large-sized prehistoric fish was started by Collecta with the xiphactinus and now PNSO follows that same trend with the helicoprion. It is to celebrate, regardless of its articulated jaw one has to acknowledge at least I, that this figure is a highly scientific and very realistic figure, considering that it does not look as extravagant as most palaeo-artistic reconstructions of that strange shark, although I know that Halichoeres can only comment with totally acceptable scientific knowledge.

Bread

Quote from: Concavenator on May 12, 2021, 08:54:33 AM
avatar_Bread @Bread S @SidB The Yutyrannus is now up on Dan's site. Though it can't be preordered (same with the Helicoprion)
That's good news. >:D
Thank you!

Pachyventer

Now, here's a pic (a low-res one) of two Carcharodontosaurs (by GRtoys and PNSO) that blows my mind:
http://tiebapic.baidu.com/forum/pic/item/6c3c35f531adcbef12be4fb7bbaf2edda2cc9f1c.jpg

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: