News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

Quote from: Abobo on June 08, 2021, 10:38:10 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on June 08, 2021, 05:12:14 PM
Quote from: Patrx on June 08, 2021, 05:01:22 PM
The big nasty seams made by the articulated jaws could be worth dealing with if the closed-mouth pose actually looked natural, but I'm afraid neither of these Carcharodontosaurus look particularly good with their mouths closed.

I agree, but at least the PNSO one actually can close, it appears that the GR toys one cannot. A shame since the GR toys figure actually has lips.

My GR Toy Carcha can have his mouth completly closed :

That's good. I watched the review for it on DinosDragons channel and his cannot. I guess it's hit and miss.

Shonisaurus

By the way, does your PNSO yangchuanosaurus stand perfectly even with the base? My yangchuanosaurus is a complete disgrace it doesn't stand up even with the base and I will have to glue it on the base.

How cool is the giganotosaurus from GR Toys, your collection is admirable.

SRF

Just received a message while I'm at work that my Carcharodontosaurus has been delivered already. That's crazy fast shipping, since I've ordered it on the 1st of June and it was actually sent on the 3rd.

Looking forward to meet him. :)
But today, I'm just being father

Bread

Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 09, 2021, 11:51:00 AM
By the way, does your PNSO yangchuanosaurus stand perfectly even with the base? My yangchuanosaurus is a complete disgrace it doesn't stand up even with the base and I will have to glue it on the base.
I have the same issue, so you are not alone. I did indeed glue mine to its base but I will say it "wants" to fall over still.

Abobo

hello
no problem at all with my yangchuanosaurus

SidB

Yes, I've got a "leaner" too, but I cope with that by employing the mini diorama within a larger setting where the Yangchuanosaurus can be artfully supported by a rocky outcropping.

SRF

I've just put Gamba on my shelf and the only thing I can say is: this one really is a lot better in person than on photos or in YouTube reviews. The detailing of the sculpt is far more subtle than even on the Parasaurolophus and Allosaurus and the paint application is far better than I've expected. I'm really happy with this one.

Skorpio V.

The skulls of the PNSO one seems to be a lot thiccer than that of GR Toys'. Anyone know which one is closest to what an actual carcharodontosaurid skull would be.

On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

SRF

The skull of the PNSO Carcharodontosaurus is definitely less wide than what this photo suggests. The photo of the GR Toys is also taken from a totally different angle.

Psittacoraptor

Still waiting for the Yutyrannus to show up in stores ...

SRF

Quote from: Psittacoraptor on June 10, 2021, 01:05:19 PM

The Yutyrannus actually just showed up in PNSO's Amazon store. It's the same price as the Allosaurus.

Hopefully this one is available soon on AliExpress as well. I really want that Yutyrannus and I want it here before the 1st of July.  :)

Concavenator

Quote from: SRF on June 10, 2021, 01:48:38 PM
The Yutyrannus actually just showed up in PNSO's Amazon store.

:D :D :D

Leyster

The Yutyrannus actually just showed up in PNSO's Amazon store. It's the same price as the Allosaurus.

Hopefully this one is available soon on AliExpress as well. I really want that Yutyrannus and I want it here before the 1st of July.  :)
Link? Can't find it, nor searching yutyrannus
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

SRF

Quote from: Leyster on June 10, 2021, 01:59:01 PM

Here you go:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09716LPNV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

The strange thing is, I've messaged My Online Toy Store on AliExpress to ask them when they will have it in stock, and they replied that it would take two months.  :o I hope there is some miscommunication here...

Pachyventer

It lloks like PNSO have changed their tactics: as soon as the Model Toy Center's owner states, PNSO sells items on Amazon and their Chinese official store first. When the main pool of figures is sold, they ship the rest to Aliexpress stores. The same we observed when Gamba the Carch was released. That's odd, indeed.

SRF

Quote from: Pachyventer on June 10, 2021, 03:09:48 PM
It lloks like PNSO have changed their tactics: as soon as the Model Toy Center's owner states, PNSO sells items on Amazon and their Chinese official store first. When the main pool of figures is sold, they ship the rest to Aliexpress stores. The same we observed when Gamba the Carch was released. That's odd, indeed.

What's strange is that with Gamba, it was sold on Amazon only during the last week of May or so and on the 1st of June it was available on AliExpress as well. A gap of two months is much different from that tactic.

Pachyventer

You're right. On the other hand, Gamba can be considered the first attempt to implement new way of selling figures. Who knows)) Let's wait and see what happens as time goes.

Psittacoraptor

I also want it before the 1st, and Amazon states it will arrive between July 9 and 30 if ordered today. Not that I would have ordered from Amazon.com anyway. The prices are not competitive with Aliexpress, shipping fees are much higher, and apparently shipping takes 4-5x as long. Let's hope Model Toy Center gets it sooner rather than later.

Leyster

Quote from: SRF on June 10, 2021, 02:27:41 PM
Quote from: Leyster on June 10, 2021, 01:59:01 PM

Here you go:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09716LPNV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

The strange thing is, I've messaged My Online Toy Store on AliExpress to ask them when they will have it in stock, and they replied that it would take two months.  :o I hope there is some miscommunication here...
Thank you
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: