News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRF

Quote from: suspsy on June 11, 2021, 11:41:26 AM
Ladies and gentlemen, Tarbosaurus. Give him a big hand!

https://www.facebook.com/2331852817042641/posts/3077757915785457/?d=n

Dammit. Another must have for me. PNSO please stop  :P
But today, I'm just being father

Abobo

HOLY CRAP and : "available from PNSO Amazon on 16th, June." woohoo!

look at those feet!

what is the scale? 1:40? 1:35?

Dusty Wren

That is one beefy dino. Gotta say, it's nice to see toys that depict these tyrannosaurs as the heavy bruisers they were.
Check out my customs thread!

suspsy

I think it's safe to conclude that the delightfully chunky Chuanzi was the mystery tyrannosaur silhouette that appeared alongside the Pachyrhinosaurus and the Parasaurolophus in that teaser image from long ago. I think I'm going to hold off on him for now. I've been buying way, way too much stuff lately.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Abobo

I wasn't sold on Paul and Gamba (I think the Nanmu Allosaurus and GR Toys Carcharodontosaurus are better figures) but this one wow! well done PNSO!

Psittacoraptor

Wow, I love Chuanzi so much I don't even mind that it's yet another brown figure. This is a must buy for me. Chuanzi and Wilson will be best chunky buddies on my shelf!

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Abobo on June 11, 2021, 12:04:18 PM
HOLY CRAP and : "available from PNSO Amazon on 16th, June." woohoo!

look at those feet!

what is the scale? 1:40? 1:35?

Exactly 1:35 assuming the holotype of T. bataar https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarbosaurus#/media/File:Tarboscale.svg

Kinda glad I waited on getting Wilson honestly. While T. rex is more iconic, between the deeper belly (similar to Safari's T. rex) and more accurate skin, this is a better tyrannosaurid IMO. I even find the pose more believable, it's very reminiscent of the old NHM Dynamosaurus mount!

I am absolutely in love with the musculature here. It's weird how you don't realize the ubiquity of Greg Paul style musculature, especially around the legs/hips, until you see a different take. This reminds me more of William Berry's art, which I vastly prefer.

Probably the best represenation of a tyrannosaur ever made and not possible to top barring new discoveries that change the current understanding.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

SidB

Yes, a big hand clap for sure, but, wow, look how tiny those arms are - neat! And the heft, the massive lower extremities, very imposing.

suspsy

At this point, I'd like PNSO to just stop. That's more than enough toys for 2020 and 2021. It feels like you've had more than enough to eat, but the servers keep bringing more entrees. Save something for 2022!

KeU

Quote from: suspsy on June 11, 2021, 01:42:14 PM
At this point, I'd like PNSO to just stop. That's more than enough toys for 2020 and 2021. It feels like you've had more than enough to eat, but the servers keep bringing more entrees. Save something for 2022!
One can argue that we do not need to buy all the releases when they come out.
But I would disagree. It is best to get the first releases. They tend to have the best paint application for PNSO.
I wonder how long can PNSO sustain this pace.
Perhaps they already have 2022 planned out.
To make 2022 production, the prototypes should have been completed now.

KeU

Tarbosaurus is looking good.
Nice deep chest cavity. More correctly sized scales!
I do want to check out the skull base and neck thickness though.
It shouldn't be anywhere near as thick as Tyrannosaurus.
Looks like it would be out soon.
Can't wait to see the on hand pictures.

This will definitely scratch my large Tyrannosaurine itch.
Apart from Tyrannosaurus, the rest like Daspletosaurus or Zhuchengtyrannus are similar enough that this Tarbosaurus can cover.
I still think PNSO would release a Zhuchengtyrannus though.

Now... an Albertosaurine would be nice.

Faelrin

Wow woke up and saw this. Absolutely wonderful. Other then David's BotM one (which has lips), this is the best Tarbosaurus figure I've seen yet, and one of the best tyrannosaurid figures I've seen. My only gripe is the lack of lips, but that's typical for PNSO currently. Tarbosaurus is one of my favorite tyrannosaurids, from one of my favorite prehistoric ecosystems, the Nemegt Formation, so this was a great choice to go with. Gosh this makes me really hope they do a Gorgosaurus in this style (or Albertosaurus), particularly in scale with their Dinosaur Park hadrosaurids.

Gotta say I really love the increasing diversity of tyrannosauroid figures altogether after what was a drought (ignoring T. rex) for many years. I am so glad this is in their Prehistoric Animal Models line as it should be around that $40 mark instead of $70 which is far more affordable for me (when spaced out anyways).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Carnoking

Wow, I'm loving this figure. Can someone shed some light on this for me though? I thought Tarbosaurus was a bit more lithe than our good friend T. rex. This guy has got some thunder thighs!

Flaffy

I think these two images perfectly illustrates how much PNSO has already improved in such a short amount of time in terms of theropod scale sculpting. If only Wilson's integument was sculpted with the intricacy of PNSO's latest theropods :-[

FYI the Tarbosaurus is priced the same as the Carcharodontosaurus at 169 RMB in China, meaning the 42.99 USD price point for Amazon. The figure is 32.5 cm along the curves, which roughy translates to an 11.4m individual if scaled to 1/35 scale, a much better deal than the 66.99 USD "Winter Wilson" which was around 35 cm.

sauroid

beautiful figure and i am so glad it isn't brown.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Flaffy

I can't say I didn't expect PNSO to make Tarbosaurus, but I was really hoping for a Zhuchengtyrannus, especially since it was actually found within China.

Not sure how I feel about this figure if I'm being honest. In terms of integument and fine detail, it's undoubtedly a massive step up compared to Winter Wilson. The arms are appropriately diminutive, and the skull is more gracile than PNSO's Tyrannosaurus sculpts.

However, the lack of lips (depending on who you ask) and tooth slippage are still an issue with this figure. And the head to body size ratio look... off. PNSO's Tarbosaurus is one of the rare few cases where the skeletal on promotional material matches up with the figure itself (the other being Sauropelta). The PNSO skeletal is strikingly different from what is considered to be the most up-to-date skeletal, courtesy of @Batavotyrannus on Twitter.

Tarbosaurus is unique in many aspects, with it's massive bobblehead being one of them, a distinct feature which unfortunately does not seem to be replicated on the figure, the skull on PNSO's Tarbosaurus looks for too small for that body. The feet also feel oversized, but that may very well be due to the extra bulk and toe pads on this particular sculpt.

In conclusion, I think I'll wait to make a final judgement when pictures of the actual final product are revealed. PNSO's promotional pictures are notorious for presenting their figures in weird angles, which leads to misunderstandings of the figure's actual proportions. So far, I'm still leaning towards the BotM rendition as the "definitive" Tarbosaurus figure.

Stegotyranno420

Missed the perfect opportunity to call him Chinggis Khan  ::) >:(....

Other than that, it's a ehh figure. It honestly just seems like a future descendant of tyrannosaurus rather than a relative

suspsy

I also would have preferred Zhuchengtyrannus over Tarbosaurus. I love the name, plus it would have gone perfectly with the Sinoceratops. And yeah, Chuanzi is significantly bulkier than most restorations, but I'm hesitant to label that inaccurate.

Maybe they'll give us Zhuchengtyrannus in 2022. Gorgosaurus or Albertosaurus would also be most welcome!

SRF

If this Tarbosaurus is, just like the Yutyrannus, only available on Amazon for the first two months, I'm actually inclined to purchase it right away from Amazon in stead of waiting for it to appear on AliExpress. I'll have to pay some extra money (for shipping or extra taxes) one way or the other anyway.

I haven't this been hyped for a figure since the release of Wilson I think. I'll even think this one is probably better. I love the colors on this Tarbosaurus.
But today, I'm just being father

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: