News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psittacoraptor

avatar_Faras @Faras Thank you very much for the info and links. It's a shame the more serious books didn't sell well. Were they localized in other languages? What drew me to these new books in the first place was the art. From the previews in those links it looks like the books are basically art books with short descriptions of each illustration. I expected a lot more text with the "field guide" title. But this is actually perfect for me because I'm interested in the art mostly. There are dozens of textbooks on dinosaurs already anyway. Once you've read a couple, there is so much repetition, you don't really need more unless they are some very significant new discoveries or understandings in research. Otherwise you can just stay up-to-date with papers and articles in science journals.

I preordered the pterosaur book. There are a lot less publications on pterosaurs, so I'd like to support that first. I will get the other two if I like the pterosaur one well enough.

ceratopsian

I buy PNSO books purely for the artwork.  Plenty of text books on my shelves and I also have art books (and a few original paintings - shame I can't get one by Zhao Chuang!)

Speaking of pterosaurs, a massive box turned up today from Everything Dinosaur: the bronze 1:6 Thalassodromeus.  I'll put a photo here and the rest in Recent Acquisitions.  They're only quick phone snaps.  I'm thrilled with the statue.  I bought it purely as an artwork for display, and taken within those parameters, it's a beautiful, dramatic piece that should give me pleasure for a good few years.

suspsy

Again, avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian, it would be absolutely wonderful to have a review of that masterpiece for the DTB. But that's entirely your call, of course!  :)
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

ceratopsian

avatar_suspsy @suspsy - I haven't forgotten I'd promised.  Let me get to the end of my classes - only about another fortnight - then I should have a lot more time for taking some "real" photos and getting down to work.  Remember I'm not a palaeontologist but an art lover though!!

Quote from: suspsy on June 23, 2021, 05:32:47 PM
Again, avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian, it would be absolutely wonderful to have a review of that masterpiece for the DTB. But that's entirely your call, of course!  :)

suspsy

Quote from: ceratopsian on June 23, 2021, 05:36:14 PM
avatar_suspsy @suspsy - I haven't forgotten I'd promised.  Let me get to the end of my classes - only about another fortnight - then I should have a lot more time for taking some "real" photos and getting down to work.  Remember I'm not a palaeontologist but an art lover though!!

Quote from: suspsy on June 23, 2021, 05:32:47 PM

By all means, take whatever time you need. And don't worry about credentials. I think this will be one review where images matter more than text.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Duna

Quote from: ceratopsian on June 23, 2021, 05:13:36 PM
Speaking of pterosaurs, a massive box turned up today from Everything Dinosaur: the bronze 1:6 Thalassodromeus.  I'll put a photo here and the rest in Recent Acquisitions.  They're only quick phone snaps.  I'm thrilled with the statue.  I bought it purely as an artwork for display, and taken within those parameters, it's a beautiful, dramatic piece that should give me pleasure for a good few years.
Oooooohh, I can't say more, I'm munching myself. What a beauty, it's trully a piece of art. Surely you'll find the perfect place for it at home. Congrats!!

Psittacoraptor

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian Congrats on that magnificent beast of a figure. Don't drop that one on your toes!

Faras

avatar_Psittacoraptor @Psittacoraptor My pleasure :) I don't know, those serious books seems to be all out of stock now, nothing turned up in search o_O Yeah those books are perfect for art, I have the old version from 2013 (mostly dinos), very heavy and big, magnificent quality, only complains is pages (especially dark ones) can gather easily fingerprints. Been thinking about getting new version but my shelves are 1cm too short lol. Since you are interested in the art, maybe check out Science-Art Poster Collection too? :D 36 posters (406mm X 508mm (16"X20")) plus a booklet in English to introduce each piece. Here's post with pics of all posters (two long ones are crowdfunding exclusive, three at the end are sideshow posters): https://tieba.baidu.com/p/7347850212?see_lz=1

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian wow this one is brilliant, congratz!

Very interesting introductions for the two new head sculpt bookstands on Modu, might try and translate some later. Old T-rex and Triceratops bookstands were low (<10 pieces remaining) on stock for months, T-rex eventually ran out of stock 1-2 months ago, and they offered half price for Yangchuanosaurus and Carnotaurus ones during poster collection crowdfunding in April... seems minis is going through exactly the same out of stock/clearance process *hopes for improved ones with new species* :D

Faelrin

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian Congrats on having that arrive safely. Beautiful sculpture for sure. Lucky you.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Bokisaurus

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian absolutely amazing and beautiful! Congratulations on this exquisite new addition to your already amazing collection!😃

Shonisaurus

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian My congratulations is a very beautiful figure. You have refined tastes worthy of a true epicure. That thalassadromeos is a sculpture typical of an art museum.

SRF

It has been 8 days since I've purchased the Yutyrannus and Tarbosaurus from Model Toy Center on AliExpress. The expected arrival date was July 6, but normally my AliExpress packages come in much quicker within 7 to 14 days, also when there isn't a 10 day delivery advertised. But now my packages still haven't left China. Have more people been experiencing this "delay" at the moment?
But today, I'm just being father

Faras

Quote from: SRF on June 24, 2021, 05:02:16 PM
It has been 8 days since I've purchased the Yutyrannus and Tarbosaurus from Model Toy Center on AliExpress. The expected arrival date was July 6, but normally my AliExpress packages come in much quicker within 7 to 14 days, also when there isn't a 10 day delivery advertised. But now my packages still haven't left China. Have more people been experiencing this "delay" at the moment?

Maybe cause of recent COVID-19 lockdowns in Guangzhou and Shenzhen? Closing two major ports probably made others overcrowded  :-\

SRF

Quote from: Faras on June 24, 2021, 08:56:32 PM
Quote from: SRF on June 24, 2021, 05:02:16 PM

Maybe cause of recent COVID-19 lockdowns in Guangzhou and Shenzhen? Closing two major ports probably made others overcrowded  :-\

Thanks, that's helpful information and could explain it. I didn't know of new COVID lockdowns there, since I'm on the other side of the globe.

SRF

I think it's safe to say that somewhere down the line we can expect a Mapusaurus from PNSO...
https://youtu.be/kZacqR_hmHI

I still believe number 006 in this video series will be the Zhuchengtyrannus we've seen towards the end of last year.  I guess we'll see tomorrow. :)

Shonisaurus

It is good that PNSO makes a mapusaurus will team up very well with its Collecta counterpart, but PNSO is focusing a lot on carnivorous theropods, when will PNSO make new ceratopsids, hadrosaurids, stegosaurids or other quadruped dinosaurs? We have not made PNSO quadruped and herbivorous dinosaurs for months except for the pachycephalosaurus and the helicoprion of the same brand.

PNSO needs more quadruped and herbivorous dinosaurs. More PNSO ceratopsids please! and some therizinosaurid.

SRF

Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 25, 2021, 09:29:33 AM
It is good that PNSO makes a mapusaurus will team up very well with its Collecta counterpart, but PNSO is focusing a lot on carnivorous theropods, when will PNSO make new ceratopsids, hadrosaurids, stegosaurids or other quadruped dinosaurs? We have not made PNSO quadruped and herbivorous dinosaurs for months except for the pachycephalosaurus and the helicoprion of the same brand.

PNSO needs more quadruped and herbivorous dinosaurs. More PNSO ceratopsids please! and some therizinosaurid.

Well, this video series on theropods doesn't necessarily mean that they will release all these species as figures on short notice. With the Dimetrodon and Triceratops teased PNSO doesn't seem to focus only on theropods. And since PNSO started things up again after the Chinese New Year, we've also got a Parasaurolophus and Stegosaurus from them. The Stego was fairly recently actually.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: SRF on June 25, 2021, 09:50:33 AM

Well, this video series on theropods doesn't necessarily mean that they will release all these species as figures on short notice. With the Dimetrodon and Triceratops teased PNSO doesn't seem to focus only on theropods. And since PNSO started things up again after the Chinese New Year, we've also got a Parasaurolophus and Stegosaurus from them. The Stego was fairly recently actually.

Well, there is the parasaurolophus and stegosaurus but ceratopsids with the exception of the triceratops / torosaurus have not done more PNSO. We have the pachyrhinosaurus, machairoceratops and sinoceratops but I would like them to take for example a medusaceratops and kosmoceratops.

SRF

Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 25, 2021, 11:19:45 AM

Well, there is the parasaurolophus and stegosaurus but ceratopsids with the exception of the triceratops / torosaurus have not done more PNSO. We have the pachyrhinosaurus, machairoceratops and sinoceratops but I would like them to take for example a medusaceratops and kosmoceratops.

The Triceratops will be the 4th ceratopsian they've done in the last year or so, that's nothing to complain about I feel. That's the same as that they put out 4 Tyrannosauroids in the same time period. I do feel we've got enough theropods for now, but those can be divided in different groups. Also I think we should get more Hadrosaurs that aren't Lambeosaurines.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: SRF on June 25, 2021, 12:22:33 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 25, 2021, 11:19:45 AM

The Triceratops will be the 4th ceratopsian they've done in the last year or so, that's nothing to complain about I feel. That's the same as that they put out 4 Tyrannosauroids in the same time period. I do feel we've got enough theropods for now, but those can be divided in different groups. Also I think we should get more Hadrosaurs that aren't Lambeosaurines.

I am not complaining. PNSO makes wonderful figures but I like their quadruped herbivorous dinosaurs or other prehistoric animals more than their carnivorous bipedal dinosaurs. I know the PNSO figures are varied but man, in my case I shoot for my preferences as medusaceratops or kosmoceratops in a solid PVC version except the BoTM figures and some other like the Jetoar kosmoceratops that ceratopsid or other dinosaur figures need a little more of love and I am convinced that with time PNSO may make those expected figures.

On the other hand, I totally agree with you, we need more non-lambeosaurine hadrosaurids and other herbivorous dinosaurs such as the iguanodon, although the Collecta figure of that dinosaur today is definitive or in the worst case rivals Doug Watson's genius. of Safari.

In my case I want more from PNSO but I am not complaining, it is the most important company of quality toy dinosaurs with more than acceptable sizes on the market and what is more difficult of the most scientific. What happens is also that I like quadruped dinosaurs more since bipeds have more problems to stand upright.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: