News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

I'm disappointed about the news on the miniatures, though I'm not completely surprised.  A great shame, as they were fun, didn't take up a lot of space, and PNSO often produced some obscure animals in this line.  I'm always thrilled to add another more obscure species to my collection rather than another Tyrannosaurus or Triceratops - and where else would you find something like the Tianyulong, the Liaoceratops and so on.  I would have thought that they would have sold very well too, as they were cheap and suited to children (in addition to us adult collectors!)

Faras

avatar_suspsy @suspsy Indeed yeah, hope they are just planning for revision, those are probably the only models that parents would buy without thinking twice.

avatar_SRF @SRF Hmm Wilson 2.0 might be too new, so I'd bet on them making Zhucheng before T-rex 3.0. Chance we'd get revision of old models like Triceratops is higher. Taobao only show monthly sale counts, iirc over 300 were sold in the first week, and over 100 sold in last 30 days so it's still going strong (Tarbo was lreleased during 2nd biggest sale of the year which probably contributed to the number).

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian *pat pat* bet they will be released again once old ones are gone, those probably sell a lot in stores next to schools (usually 1-5 stores around each school where kids spend their pocket money) while big ones are mostly sold online, cutting the line means they'd lose lots of profits.

ceratopsian

Quote from: Faras on June 21, 2021, 03:48:34 PM

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian *pat pat* bet they will be released again once old ones are gone, those probably sell a lot in stores next to schools (usually 1-5 stores around each school where kids spend their pocket money) while big ones are mostly sold online, cutting the line means they'd lose lots of profits.

Let's hope - but I want some new obscure minis rather than re-releases!

Faras

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian hihihi me too! Lots of big ones need babies  :D And some species can only appear as minis in 1: 35  :o

SidB

Quote from: suspsy on June 21, 2021, 02:32:13 PM
Well, that is a real shame if the miniatures are indeed cancelled, as they were magnificent. Easily superior to any of the miniatures from CollectA, Papo, or Safari. And they were a great way to get obscure taxa like Abelisaurus and Indosuchus and Mei and Yi.
I'm sure glad that I was motivated to get the ones that I wanted while the 'getting was good'.

ITdactyl

Ah, that explains the flood of genuine minis in the markets here. I was surprised to see them being sold with the bootlegs - 'didn't know that PNSO was trying to sell off the last batch.

They're a bit pricey though. The bootlegs go for the equivalent of 13 Chinese yuan each, while the genuine minis go for 87 yuan (around 13 USD) a piece.

Faelrin

Shame about the minis being discontinued. I better get my hands on that Tianyulong and Nemicolopterus before I miss out for good. At least I got the bulk of the ones I wanted however so far recently.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Andre

Quote from: Faelrin on June 21, 2021, 05:24:56 PM
Shame about the minis being discontinued. I better get my hands on that Tianyulong and Nemicolopterus before I miss out for good. At least I got the bulk of the ones I wanted however so far recently.

I've tried to find the Nemicolopterus, but only found a very expensive one at ebay.. no where else... I really wanted this one as well.

Psittacoraptor

Edit, same question as above ^: Is the Nemicolopterus still available anywhere? I can't find a shop that still sells it.

Quote from: Faras on June 21, 2021, 12:49:17 AM
Highly likely imo: new Triceratops (new frill skin impression which was added to the bronze one, seems PNSO likes to redo old models on new fossil discovery), more Tyrannosaurids (Zhao seems to like them).
In one old (2020, including Parasaurus and Borealopelta iirc) teaser pic: Stygimoloch, tyrannosaurid in resting pose, could be Zhucheng or new Wilson (or to our disappointment, Tarbo in different pose).
1:20 - 1:10 models in exhibitions: Gorgosaurus, Albertosaurus, Xiongguanlong, Megaraptor, Elasmosaurus,  wooly mammoth.
Book series: Yutyrannus, Beibeilong, Torvo, Carcha, Spino, Zhuchengtyrannus, Mapusaurus, Giga, Tarbo, T-rex.
On covers of PNSO books: Triceratops, Nyctosaurus, Kronosaurus, Ceratosaurus, Cryolophosaurus, Guanlong, Yi, Chasmosaurus
PNSO resin statues ans bronze statues: Tsintaosaurus, Huayangosaurus, Mamenchisaurus sinocanadorum (what we have atm is probably M. constructus judging from size and shoulders/hips height), Nankangia, Sinosauropteryx, Thalassodromeus, Gigantoraptor
Out of those I'd love Yi, Nyctosaurus, Beibeilong and Thalassodromeus the most. Basically, pterosaurs and lesser known dinos. And more feathered dinosaurs, please. A wooly mammoth would also be cool. Or other Cenozoic animals. Terror birds, giant sloths, Paraceratherium, sabertooth cats etc. So many potentially great models. My dream would be more Paleozoic animals after Helicoprion. I don't know the sales potential for these animals, though. I guess (well-known) dinosaurs sell the best.

I'd also be very interested in Guanlong but the one coming from BOTM looks great so far, so I'd rather see other species that don't have any (good) models.

Faras

PNSO Torvosaurus

Pics of Torvo in the shelves were taken in artifactual lights (yellow and white), rest were taken in sunlight.

Blueish grey on actual model looks paler than in promotion pics, which is ok for me. Contrast ratio is higher in sun light.
Very robust, muscle lines are deeper than on Carcharodontosaurus, but overall the model does not give a "giant animal" impression like Carcha, Tarbo or T-rex mainly due to less fat and smaller torso.
Scales are slightly deeper than Carcha and weaker than Allosaurus.
Stands just as good as Carcha, which is stable within first hour so long you don't push it on sides. Forget what I said about harder mats... Torvo's toes bent by 1-2mm after 15min without stand. Had to use dryer to fix right foot probably cause the model sat in 40-50C delivery box for a few hours.

Some small faults (seems to be universal judging from posts in Tieba): slightly (~0.5-1mm) asymmetric nostrils, first left claw is a bit shorter than the right one.

Pics of the head. Left maxilla does look slightly too straight while right one look ok imo. Snot doesn't look as triangular and skull isn't that thin as in official pics (love how PNSO photographer almost always manages to show the most confusing angles...).
Can see the fleshy nostril structure that connects nostril opening and lower end of bony nostril, so the low nostrils are intentional (probably base on Nostril Position in Dinosaurs and Other Vertebrates and Its Significance for Nasal Function by Lawrence M. Witmer (2001). So I checked nostril positions: All ceratops (including big Triceratops pre bankrupcy): below and in front of bony nostrils, exactly like figure in the article. All the rest except Torvo: at lower front of bony nostril, some arguably go slightly lower. Guess they tried to extend a theory they've been using for years beyond ceratops.

And some comparison with Allosaurus :)

avatar_Psittacoraptor @Psittacoraptor Found no separately sold Nemicolopterus during last Sept-Nov, so ended up buying the whole set o_O
avatar_ITdactyl @ITdactyl hmm official prices for genuine minis are 10-15yuan a piece, or 599 yuan for the whole set, 87 yuan sounds like serious ripoff

ITdactyl

Heh, your pictures are making me want that Torvo more... and I don't even collect theropods. You work for them, don't you? (haha, kidding). ;D

Yup avatar_Faras @Faras , even though I didn't have a point of reference before seeing your post, I do agree that 87 yuan for a mini is a total ripoff.  The temptation to grab the minis I was missing was strong though, but I managed to resist. And to echo the other member's comments, I didn't find a genuine Nemicolopterus during my trip.  Lots of bootlegs though.

Chasmosaurus

I've find one on ebay. I ordre from him today.
I've send to him a mail before ordre and he confirm that the nemicolopterus is realy available.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/362746103028
Man is only interested in what he invents while what surrounds him is made in a much more extraordinary and complex way

Faras

avatar_ITdactyl @ITdactyl haha I wish! If only I can put my paws on their new models without bleeding wallet dry...  ;D

Yeah it's so hard to resist the urge to complete the collection, but as reference they cost more than lots of models before Sinoceratops, and two of those  = Tarbo  :o
hmm those bootlegs might be worth checking out actually, if they have stamps and comes in blister pack with a booklet, or if they have stamps and have pre-bankrupcy paints (lots of unpacked models got into market durng chaos of bankrupcy), then there's good chance that they are genuine (rumours on Tieba say only some big old models have bootlegs, but one can never be too careful).

Faelrin

A @Andre avatar_Psittacoraptor @Psittacoraptor Last time I checked it was still in stock on Happy Hen Toys. They only recently started carrying PNSO figures. I don't know if they ship internationally.

avatar_Faras @Faras Thanks for sharing the pics of the Torvosaurus. Looks excellent alongside the Allosaurus. Now hears to hoping we can get a Ceratosaurus to join these two as well.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

SRF

First video review on YouTube of the Tarbosaurus, thanks D @Dino Scream3232
https://youtu.be/SGIhW-AvEgQ

I'm really loving this Tarbosaurus. Hopefully I get it soon (alongside the equally impressive Yutyrannus) but shipping seems to take a little bit longer than with my last orders from AliExpress. Not sure if it is because I've ordered my last three PNSO models from Model Toy Center instead of My Online Toy Store.

Definitely nice to see the comparisons with the other Tyrannosaurs from PNSO as well. That gives me some ideas on how to display these four together on my own shelf. :) Even tough I really love this Tarbosaurus, the T. Rex and Yutyrannus stand out the most to me in that group shot at the end of the video.
But today, I'm just being father

Kapitaenosavrvs

avatar_Faras @Faras Wonderful Pictures, thank you very much.

QuoteCan see the fleshy nostril structure that connects nostril opening and lower end of bony nostril, so the low nostrils are intentional

Funny. I saw that in the Promo pics but wasn't 100% sure and also afraid of an unneeded additional Discussion on that then. Interesting.

I think it is a well made Figure, but as you said: The Carcharodontosaurus has this heft and looks like a huge animal. The GR Toys Carchar fails to do that, too. At least to my liking (Still a wonderful Figure of course. I do not know why i write that every time in addition. Guess as a safety for me, so that i am not mistaken by others.)

Stegotyranno420

I really wish the torvosaurus was larger. And more robust, as it should be giving a large animal vibe. Probably one of the most underrated dinosaurs. It's just as interesting and powerful as similar sized theropods but over looked because it's primitive

suspsy

My Helicoprion arrived in the mail today.

She rules. Period. BUY THIS TOY.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Flaffy

Can see the fleshy nostril structure that connects nostril opening and lower end of bony nostril, so the low nostrils are intentional (probably base on Nostril Position in Dinosaurs and Other Vertebrates and Its Significance for Nasal Function by Lawrence M. Witmer (2001).

Thank you avatar_Faras @Faras for the confirmation. Good to see that this was an intentional sculpting choice, rather than an anatomical error. Definitely plan to get this figure now to flesh out my Morrison collection. Do you happen to know of any upcoming TaoBao/Tmall sales in July and August?

On another note, I've noticed that figures #47 and #49 has yet to be revealed.
#46: Austin the Pachycephalosaurus
#47: ??
#48: Connor the Torvosaurus
#49: ??
#50: Gamba the Carcharodontosaurus
I assume Bieber 2.0 and the upcoming Kronosaurus don't count as they're in the museum line. I wonder what else PNSO has up their sleeve.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Flaffy on June 22, 2021, 12:12:30 PM
Can see the fleshy nostril structure that connects nostril opening and lower end of bony nostril, so the low nostrils are intentional (probably base on Nostril Position in Dinosaurs and Other Vertebrates and Its Significance for Nasal Function by Lawrence M. Witmer (2001).

Thank you avatar_Faras @Faras for the confirmation. Good to see that this was an intentional sculpting choice, rather than an anatomical error. Definitely plan to get this figure now to flesh out my Morrison collection. Do you happen to know of any upcoming TaoBao/Tmall sales in July and August?

On another note, I've noticed that figures #47 and #49 has yet to be revealed.
#46: Austin the Pachycephalosaurus
#47: ??
#48: Connor the Torvosaurus
#49: ??
I assume Bieber 2.0 and the upcoming Kronosaurus don't count as they're in the museum line. I wonder what else PNSO has up their sleeve.

They are still preparing the commercialization of the zhuchengtyrannus, for me it would be a highly anticipated figure, especially when there are not many decent figures of that species except for its Favorite counterpart and little else.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: