News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mesozoic Life Proyect Figures 2021

Started by Doctor Velociraptor, December 10, 2020, 01:41:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duna

I have preordered it too ... that's THE spinosaurus, by the moment.  :)

Doctor Velociraptor

Quote from: Archosaur on July 25, 2021, 09:57:45 PM
Quote from: Carnoking on July 24, 2021, 10:24:23 PM
Honestly, I'm a little gun-shy to do pre-orders of this nature, especially after hearing about companies like Edel and stories about how Chronicle Collectibles folded before being able to fulfill pre-ordered items and so people just lost their money.

Why do you promote the pre-order on your YouTube channel then? (Not a criticism, genuinely curious.)

By the way, I put in a pre-order (and I hope I will get either a figure, or my money back ;-)

Hello! If the goal of 2000 figures sold is met, you will have your figure!

Carnoking

Honestly, I'm a little gun-shy to do pre-orders of this nature, especially after hearing about companies like Edel and stories about how Chronicle Collectibles folded before being able to fulfill pre-ordered items and so people just lost their money.

Why do you promote the pre-order on your YouTube channel then? (Not a criticism, genuinely curious.)

By the way, I put in a pre-order (and I hope I will get either a figure, or my money back ;-)

Definitely a fair question! After hearing a little bit of background from thedeadlymoose and being reminded by y09gurt that you can go through PayPal (which has that purchase protection) I think it's safe to say that this isn't like one of those previously mentioned unfortunate situations. I always wanted to support this figure and now that my mind has been put at ease I'm definitely in.

Doctor Velociraptor

Quote from: Carnoking on July 25, 2021, 10:53:47 PM

Definitely a fair question! After hearing a little bit of background from thedeadlymoose and being reminded by y09gurt that you can go through PayPal (which has that purchase protection) I think it's safe to say that this isn't like one of those previously mentioned unfortunate situations. I always wanted to support this figure and now that my mind has been put at ease I'm definitely in.

Thanks a lot for the trust!

If the goal is not reached, the money will be refunded! Do not worry  ;D

Doctor Velociraptor

Quote from: Doctor Velociraptor on July 25, 2021, 11:04:42 PM

Thanks a lot for the trust!

If the goal is not reached, the money will be refunded! Do not worry  ;D

Hello collectors, 202 units have been reserved so far, there are still 28 days until the pre-sale ends, we hope to meet the goal

Flaffy

Quote from: Doctor Velociraptor on July 26, 2021, 12:17:21 AM

Hello collectors, 202 units have been reserved so far, there are still 28 days until the pre-sale ends, we hope to meet the goal

D @Doctor Velociraptor
Is there a way to keep track of how many figures have been pre-ordered thus far? I think allowing people to see how close they are to the goal (similar to Kickstarter) would entice those who have not pre-ordered yet to support the project, especially in the final moments before the deadline is reached.

Also, have you reached out to the chinese community on possible sales? They don't seem to be aware that the Spinosaurus is now up for pre-order (I don't recall seeing anything on baidu forums at least).

Concavenator

Quote from: Flaffy on July 26, 2021, 04:59:30 AM
Also, have you reached out to the chinese community on possible sales? They don't seem to be aware that the Spinosaurus is now up for pre-order (I don't recall seeing anything on baidu forums at least).

D @Doctor Velociraptor avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy is right, I imagine getting the Chinese community to know about your project could be an important boost. I would also suggest contacting Paleofiguras (on Facebook) regarding your figure, as well as there are quite a few groups on Facebook of prehistoric animal model collectors. I would reccomend exploring them.

Duna

Yes, I suggest contacting Paleofiguras and Paleonerd. They will spread the word, too.  ^-^

Flaffy

I wonder how well the detail on the resin prototype will translate to a PVC figure. Given how fine the details are on the current prototypes, would the moulding and casting process result in muddled details?

I recall this issue occurring with David's 3D printed ceratopsians, where the fine detail on the resin models did not translate well to the plastic figures. Resulting in scales that were far too shallow, and easily obscured by a coat of paint.

Hopefully Mesozoic Life will find a workaround to this common issue.

Psittacoraptor

I hope this project succeeds but one month seems rather short to get production funded. Maybe going with Kickstarter would have been a smarter idea. It's a well-known and trusted site, and would have given the project more visibility. I personally have not seen this mentioned outside this forum.

Faelrin

Yeah I'm wondering why a month as well? But yeah hopefully this gets more exposure. I want to see this succeed.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Doctor Velociraptor

Quote from: Doctor Velociraptor on July 26, 2021, 12:17:21 AM

D @Doctor Velociraptor
Is there a way to keep track of how many figures have been pre-ordered thus far? I think allowing people to see how close they are to the goal (similar to Kickstarter) would entice those who have not pre-ordered yet to support the project, especially in the final moments before the deadline is reached.

Hello! Very good idea, I will discuss it with the Mesozoic Life team, thank you for your contribution.

And on the other, I could not create an account in baidu, and I can not advertise the figure

Greetings

Doctor Velociraptor

Quote from: Concavenator on July 26, 2021, 06:09:46 AM

D @Doctor Velociraptor avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy is right, I imagine getting the Chinese community to know about your project could be an important boost. I would also suggest contacting Paleofiguras (on Facebook) regarding your figure, as well as there are quite a few groups on Facebook of prehistoric animal model collectors. I would reccomend exploring them.

Okay! I will contact Paleofiguras
Thanks

Concavenator

Quote from: Flaffy on July 26, 2021, 06:31:21 AM
I wonder how well the detail on the resin prototype will translate to a PVC figure. Given how fine the details are on the current prototypes, would the moulding and casting process result in muddled details?

I recall this issue occurring with David's 3D printed ceratopsians, where the fine detail on the resin models did not translate well to the plastic figures. Resulting in scales that were far too shallow, and easily obscured by a coat of paint.

Hopefully Mesozoic Life will find a workaround to this common issue.
I don't care that much for that. If the figure is finally released, I'll be happy just for that. I don't pay that much attention to a figure's details, or the paint, to be honest. What I really evaluate is the overall concept and the overall look of the figure. For winning me, a figure must try to represent the animal in a natural, believable way. Representing the animal as an actual creature that once lived, rather than a creature whose function is to impress. If any company starts with this idea, it's a good start. And chances are, if they have this mentality, they will probably try to research the creature and offer an accurate representation. Intentions are very important. I will gladly ignore some (minor!) inaccuracies here and there, as long as the intention to bring an accurate depiction is present. After that, I'm not by any means a collector that spends time looking at a figure's specific details, and as I said I don't mind paint quality that much. I have the Mesozoo Allosaurus in my collection, whose paint quality could be regarded as awful by other members of this forum, and I still like it. If there's a slight downgrade in paint, I'll be fine.

In this case, as far as I'm concerned there's no other Spinosaurus figure that tops this one. The concept is very good: bipedal, showing the findings about the tail from 2020, without crocodile inspiration, with webbed feet with all four fingers pointing forward, subtle scale detail... I don't know how it could get better than this. I too am worried about the possibility of it never being released, but it would be sad to lose this one.

JohannesB

I got a message from PayPal, and a refund from Mesozoic Life Project. The reason stated: "This website was not prepared to carry out a pre-order of these characteristics."

JohannesB

Thank you :-)

Abobo

Quote from: Archosaur on July 27, 2021, 12:29:55 PM
I got a message from PayPal, and a refund from Mesozoic Life Project. The reason stated: "This website was not prepared to carry out a pre-order of these characteristics."

same! :

"This website was not prepared to carry out a Pre-Order of this magnitude"

what is happening?

the webpage shows it CANCELLED :

https://www.mesozoiclifeproject.com/collectibles-figures

Concavenator

Quote from: Abobo on July 27, 2021, 12:46:15 PM
Quote from: Archosaur on July 27, 2021, 12:29:55 PM

same! :

"This website was not prepared to carry out a Pre-Order of this magnitude"

what is happening?

the webpage shows it CANCELLED :

https://www.mesozoiclifeproject.com/collectibles-figures

Yes, I just saw this. I wonder what's going on  ??? I was just going to preorder it now.  :-[

Stegotyranno420

Sh#t. I poured so much heart and hope into this project only for this to happen...
I am beyond sad
Hopefully this could mean they are just moving to Amazon

Concavenator

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on July 27, 2021, 01:04:42 PM
Hopefully this could mean they are just moving to Amazon

That would be better than the pre-ordering system from their site imo.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: