News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mesozoic Life Proyect Figures 2021

Started by Doctor Velociraptor, December 10, 2020, 01:41:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kapitaenosavrvs

I guess the Server could not handle all the pre orders. Or they changed their mind about the way of one Month Kickstarting... We'll see.

JohannesB

I don't buy from Amazon, so if it goes thru there, I'm out of the game. A shame in any case.

Stegotyranno420

It's the opposite for me. Hopefully it goes through both so both of us are not screwed.

Doctor Velociraptor

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on July 27, 2021, 02:10:09 PM
It's the opposite for me. Hopefully it goes through both so both of us are not screwed.

Hello guys
I'm sorry to announce that the Pre-Order for our Mesozoic Life Spinosaurus figure has been canceled. This mainly due to the null capacity of wix to process the immense amount of orders

PS: Refunds will be made

Abobo

Quote from: Doctor Velociraptor on July 27, 2021, 02:14:36 PM

Hello guys
I'm sorry to announce that the Pre-Order for our Mesozoic Life Spinosaurus figure has been canceled. This mainly due to the null capacity of wix to process the immense amount of orders

thank you for the information
so what will be done ?

Thialfi

Quote from: Doctor Velociraptor on July 27, 2021, 02:14:36 PM

Hello guys

What a pity. Surely you can ask someone to make a quick and easy pre-order form with enough capacity though? No need to cancel everything?

Faelrin

Well that's most unfortunate. Would launching a kickstarter be a feasible method of doing this at all (which might help with exposure as well come to think of it)? If not some alternative out there?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Concavenator

https://youtu.be/9byWpIPy-38

They have posted this update. I'm also interested in finding out what will happen from now on with this figure.

Bokisaurus

Oh what a shame. I hope them the best and hopefully one day they can figure out how to bring this beautiful model back to life and in the market.

Duna

Ánimo!  ^-^
Let's wait and see how it goes.  ;)

Carnoking

Darn you Wix! Darn you all to heck!

suspsy

That's a real shame. I hope they can find some way to bring this fine Spinosaurus to people's shelves.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

thedeadlymoose

Per the creator, they're focused on making sure everyone is properly refunded before assessing what they can do next to produce the figure.

Fingers crossed.

Fembrogon

As anticlimactic as this is right now, I certainly respect Blayken for handling this as responsibly as possible. This is a regrettable setback, but hopefully people don't lose confidence in the project.

Concavenator

Well, I hope they figure out some way to finally release this gorgeous Spino. It would be a shame if all the work and effort that has been put into creating that magnificent sculpt was lost simply because the preorder page wasn't working... I need it.

Concavenator

Blayken has announced he has finished the process of reimbursing every single person who preordered the figure, and says he hopes to announce what they will be doing next when it comes to this figure mid this month:

https://twitter.com/michel_elia/status/1425415424431304705?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet%7Ctwtr%5Etrue

Fembrogon

For those of you with Twitter:

QuoteI'm thinking that Platform could make the definitive Pre-Order of the 1:35 scale Spinosaurus figure from #MesozoicLifeProject and I was thinking of Amazon or Kickstarter.

Which of these two Platforms catches your attention the most?

https://twitter.com/michel_elia/status/1427200564769824769

He's got a poll running to vote on in the next 4 days.

Psittacoraptor

How would Amazon even work for a project like this? They allow cancellations at any time, couldn't his affect funding because people don't really commit to their purchase? In addition, you only get charged when the shipment is dispatched, so they wouldn't even get any money when people preorder. Although I don't know if payments work the same way for 3rd party sellers. And then there's the account problem, which Amazon website do you use? They have separate websites for each region/country they operate in, and accounts from one site don't necessarily work for another one. For example, I can use my German account on Amazon US but had to make a separate one for Amazon Japan. Also, no need to make Bezos any richer ;P

Kickstarter seems like a no-brainer here. Only one website for all regions, committed funding and they could post all updates on the project site.

Dusty Wren

Yeah, Amazon and Kickstarter represent two different business models. Since Amazon doesn't charge anyone until the product ships, you choose that option when you already have the money to make your product and you expect to make your money back with sales. Kickstarter is for when you don't have the money, and need it up front so you can get started manufacturing your product.

Since their website mentioned that they couldn't produce the spino unless they hit a specific target for preorders, it sounds like they don't have the money at the moment. So it seems really weird to make Amazon one of the choices.
Check out my customs thread!

Fembrogon

I've been thinking the same questions; I'm hoping Blayken will go into more detail on his thought process for the plan of action, either on the Twitter thread or elsewhere.

EDIT: here's Blayken's reply to the question on Twitter:

I do not have the money to invest and wait for it to be sold, we need to raise money to be able to do the following:

1 - Steel Mold (The most expensive of the Production)

2 - Number of figures according to demand (Minimum 700 or 800 approximately)
https://twitter.com/michel_elia/status/1427292003965018116

I went ahead and voted for Kickstarter; interestingly, Amazon is leading the poll with over 73%.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: