News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New PNSO Reference Thread: All About Past & Present (Images Heavy Thread)

Started by RobinGoodfellow, December 10, 2020, 05:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

• group of PNSO ceratopsians
    Machairoceratops, Pachyrhinosaurus, Liaoceratops, Triceratops, Sinoceratops & Spinops

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: postsaurischian on December 21, 2020, 03:23:50 PM

Machairoceratops, Pachyrhinosaurus, Liaoceratops, Triceratops, Sinoceratops & Spinops

Wonderful  8)

Flaffy

Nice to see them all displayed together like this, one big happy ceratopsian family :))

Does your copy of the Sinoceratops have sloppy eye paint? At least compared to the precise paintwork done for the Pachyrhinosaurus's eyes.
I've noticed that a lot of copies of the figure seem to suffer from this.

Shonisaurus

avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian My congratulations on your new acquisitions. I am so glad you have already purchased the PNSO Sinoceratops and Machairoceratops. Honestly, the sinoceratops is more spectacular in terms of size judging by the photographs than the machairocetops. Nice collection of ceraptosides by PNSO, now we have to wait for the torosaurus to be commercialized.

RobinGoodfellow

Piltdown 龍

:o PNSO is forcing me to break my "no more dinosaur purchases" New Years resolution with these Tyrannosaurids :D Is it already on Aliexpress?
By Grace of God Defender of toothy, lipless, featherless tyrannosaurs

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: MagicGlueLong on December 23, 2020, 08:15:17 AM
:o PNSO is forcing me to break my "no more dinosaur purchases" New Years resolution with these Tyrannosaurids :D Is it already on Aliexpress?

Not by now..

Faelrin

It'll be interesting to see this side by side with Safari's take on it, as well as the new Wilson.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

A qianzhousaurus by PNSO! Judging by the photographs without a doubt it is the best of its kind and at least in the worst case equal in sculptural genius to its counterpart from Safari made by Doug Watson, honestly feeling it a lot I like the PNSO version more me I am so glad that PNSO is focusing on obscure dinosaur figures and I am also glad that traditional dinosaur figures such as tyrannosaurus rex are made according to paleontology standards.

PNSO, Eofauna, Rebor, Vitae, GR Toys, Mesozoo, Nanmu, W-Dragon, Itoy, Beasts of the Mesozoic among other brands ... they seek the complete ruin of those of us who are collectors. Honestly, the new brands are displacing the traditional toy dinosaurs.

paleochris

I agree, until the last few years we had mainly Schleich, Papo, Collecta and Safari fighting, now we have all these new brands, which are however positioned slightly above the toy and really target selective collectors, who want precision, beautiful sculpture and quality painting. What a pleasure to see all these new products. If PNSO continues like this in 2021, honestly Papo, Safari will have to change their sculpture and painting and be more rigorous/ambitious if they want to continue to exist.

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: paleochris on December 24, 2020, 12:00:14 AM
I agree, until the last few years we had mainly Schleich, Papo, Collecta and Safari fighting, now we have all these new brands, which are however positioned slightly above the toy and really target selective collectors, who want precision, beautiful sculpture and quality painting. What a pleasure to see all these new products. If PNSO continues like this in 2021, honestly Papo, Safari will have to change their sculpture and painting and be more rigorous/ambitious if they want to continue to exist.

PNSO and Nanmu respectively

Nanmu kind of took both Papo's and Rebor's place and PNSO is tearing through Safari and all the other brands.

Carnoking

It's never been a better time to be a collector. There have been better times to be a wallet, that's for sure!

Bread

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on December 24, 2020, 12:13:01 AM
Quote from: paleochris on December 24, 2020, 12:00:14 AM

PNSO and Nanmu respectively

Nanmu kind of took both Papo's and Rebor's place and PNSO is tearing through Safari and all the other brands.
This is exactly what I was thinking with some of these newer brands, Nanmu and PNSO being the two most impactful.

These new PNSO figures are literally 90% of my list of future purchases, and PNSO still have yet to release more, based on the rumor of receiving a new figure every week until February.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

It's funny how the silhouette around the skeletal shows feathers on the back of the neck, but the figure is completely devoid, I'm guessing that if the Zhuchengtyrannus is still happening it will also be completely featherless?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

RobinGoodfellow

..to be honest, I don't want to be a toys/prehistoric models company these days..
If a replica shows feathers then someone wants it to be scaly; if scaly then someone else wants it to be with feathers.
If it's with a base then someone wants it baseless, but without oversized feet and without support rods so, if it warps over time because of pvc and hot environment some other could prefer it with a base for stability.
If it has a moveable jaw then it would have been better without that movement (and viceversa).
If it's detailed, resin-made and expensive then it would have been better if cheaper and pvc (and viceversa).
If colors are realistic and mute then someone wants them to be more flamboyant (and viceversa).
If taxa is common then someone requests for more exotic species; but a Tyrannosaurus is always a must-have..
If a company makes theropods then we need more sauropods (and viceversa).
If a figure is vinyl then it would be better if pvc; if a figure is in a large scale then we need more medium-sized models (and viceversa).
A model has to be always up-to-date and scientifically correct but its price has to be in the toys range and not in the high collectible price range.
And so on..

I really don't want to be a company owner nowadays..   ;)

Shonisaurus

Honestly, the collectible dinosaur companies are putting serious pressure on the traditional brands of toy dinosaurs, as is the case with PNSO or Nanmu, I would also add other brands such as GR Toys, Eofauna, Rebor and even iToy in the production of prehistoric mammals. Dinosaur Toy Company has made a figure of the elusive paraceratherium as beautiful and as successful as iToy has made, nor do I sincerely believe that they can surpass that great prehistoric mammal sculpture in both quality and size.

On the other hand, companies like PNSO are currently making scientific and precise dinosaur figures that are difficult to improve by another brand of toy dinosaurs, even some of them are definitive from my honest point of view.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on December 24, 2020, 06:04:49 AM
..to be honest, I don't want to be a toys/prehistoric models company these days..
If a replica shows feathers then someone wants it to be scaly; if scaly then someone else wants it to be with feathers.
If it's with a base then someone wants it baseless, but without oversized feet and without support rods so, if it warps over time because of pvc and hot environment some other could prefer it with a base for stability.
If it has a moveable jaw then it would have been better without that movement (and viceversa).
If it's detailed, resin-made and expensive then it would have been better if cheaper and pvc (and viceversa).
If colors are realistic and mute then someone wants them to be more flamboyant (and viceversa).
If taxa is common then someone requests for more exotic species; but a Tyrannosaurus is always a must-have..
If a figure is vinyl then it would be better if pvc; if a figure is in a large scale then we need more medium-sized models (and viceversa).
A model has to be always up-to-date and scientifically correct but its price has to be in the toys range and not in the high collectible price range.
And so on..

Isn't that the truth? ;D I agree with you 100% on all points! :-*

ceratopsian

Very well put, avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow!  My sentiments exactly!

Quote from: Bokisaurus on December 24, 2020, 07:57:46 AM
And so on..

Isn't that the truth? ;D I agree with you 100% on all points! :-*

Kapitaenosavrvs

And so on..

Fin.

:D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: