News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd 2022 Hopes and Dreams

Started by CarnotaurusKing, March 19, 2021, 06:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

I'd be fine with the guessing game if it wasn't stretched out for weeks as Safari did last year.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Doug Watson

Quote from: Concavenator on December 17, 2021, 01:00:24 PM
S @Shane Out of curiosity, who are you? It looks like you have info on Safari, are you part of the company? Just asking.

You can take what Shane says to the bank.

SpartanSquat

I was worried for safari this year, I hope we will have news soon!

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Doug Watson on January 04, 2022, 11:58:18 AM
S @Shane Out of curiosity, who are you? It looks like you have info on Safari, are you part of the company? Just asking.

Did you sculpt any of this year's models doug
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Flaffy

Well, it's January. Wasn't there something floating around saying that reveals would start in Jan 2022?

Doug Watson

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on January 04, 2022, 07:44:41 PM

I will only know when I see what is released.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Flaffy on January 04, 2022, 08:25:48 PM
Well, it's January. Wasn't there something floating around saying that reveals would start in Jan 2022?
it's only the 4th, there's almost a whole month left still. Will likely be at the end of the month.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Faelrin

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy avatar_Dinoxels @Dinoxels shared their instagram post thing on the previous page of this thread. Nothing else has surfaced since then to my knowledge.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

Still, in the end, Safari does not produce any dinosaurs or prehistoric animals this year. I've been talking to contacts who are concerned and fear (I fear too) that Safari is financially bad or about to go out of business. It would be very bad news.

Halichoeres

Safari has been pretty clear that they are planning to release new figures for 2022. Their web store is sold out of everything, suggesting strong sales. I'm sure they're just experiencing supply chain bottlenecks.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres That's good news, you leave me alone. I feared the worst, I admit that I am very pessimistic and negative.

Shane

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 05, 2022, 08:25:11 AM
Safari has been pretty clear that they are planning to release new figures for 2022. Their web store is sold out of everything, suggesting strong sales. I'm sure they're just experiencing supply chain bottlenecks.

Ding Ding Ding!

It is, at this point, ALL about the supply chain. It's important to remember that Safari is still a small company, and currently factories are focused on producing new product AND replenishing the large amount of out of stock items you see on the website.

All of this affects lead times. I know I sound like a broken record and it's frustrating that there hasn't been anything more concrete, but I just have to shout it again from the rooftops:

New toys are coming, guys. Reveal time is getting closer, I wish I could say more, I really do, but again all I can ask is that everyone stay patient.

Pliosaurking

Hello everyone first post :)
I hope to see from safari in 2022 a pliosaurus, deinosuchus, purussaurus, ouranosaurus, albertosaurus or gorgosaurus, and a stegouros

KrazyKaprosuchus

Quote from: Pliosaurking on January 05, 2022, 03:59:38 PM
ouranosaurus
Now that I think about it, I couldn't agree more. My favorite dinosaur of its family, and no figures of it I actually like.

Shonisaurus

By the way, Safari would not by chance make another paraceratherium, could it be the year of the paraceratherium of the classic companies? One from Collecta and now another from Safari?

I would like a gorgosaurus, albertosaurus.

Also among herbivorous dinosaurs I would like a kosmoceratops or a tsintaosaurus (although this dinosaur may be well covered in terms of its production by the PNSO company).

A sauropod would be interesting, I do not understand how Safari has not made a barosaurus being a North American dinosaur and whose remains are quite well preserved.

I would also like a stegourus, tarchia, minmi or struthiosaurus. Except for the stegourus that was discovered this year, the other three remaining I don't think there are many figures of those three armored dinosaurs.

TheCambrianCrusader

Quote from: Pliosaurking on January 05, 2022, 03:59:38 PM
Hello everyone first post :)
I hope to see from safari in 2022 a pliosaurus, deinosuchus, purussaurus, ouranosaurus, albertosaurus or gorgosaurus, and a stegouros
I think its a little early for a Stegouros, but that species is definitely at the top of my list for future releases!

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Doug Watson on January 04, 2022, 10:19:48 PM
Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on January 04, 2022, 07:44:41 PM

I will only know when I see what is released.

You HAVE still had something or another to work on though, I'm assuming? ;)

Flaffy

It's the middle of January now. Maybe reveals are right around the corner?

SidB

Quote from: Flaffy on January 15, 2022, 02:38:01 AM
Surely Chinese New Year, when the flood of PNSO's will abate for a while will be a golden opportunity. Literally, for Safari, also.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: SidB on January 15, 2022, 04:09:06 AM
Quote from: Flaffy on January 15, 2022, 02:38:01 AM
Surely Chinese New Year, when the flood of PNSO's will abate for a while will be a golden opportunity. Literally, for Safari, also.
The industry doesnt revolve around PNSO
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: