News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd 2022 Hopes and Dreams

Started by CarnotaurusKing, March 19, 2021, 06:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

I am going to predict four figures to be released plus two armored plated retros.

I think doubling their previous year releases is certainly their best choice they could make.

DinoFan90

2022 wish: more Ceratopsian from Safari ltd
Mission: collect them all

Gwangi

Doug excels at ceratopsians and I'm always disappointed when we don't get one. I would buy any ceratopsian that he sculpted but Protoceratops, Centrosaurus, Pentaceratops, and Chasmosaurus are highest on my list.

Dusty Wren

Quote from: Gwangi on December 16, 2021, 05:50:27 PM
I would buy any ceratopsian that he sculpted but Protoceratops, Centrosaurus, Pentaceratops, and Chasmosaurus are highest on my list.

Any of these would be very welcome. I miss Safari's ceratopsians.

I'm also hoping for a mammal (a bear dog or a short-faced bear would be awesome!) but I'm guessing Safari will still want to play it safe, and mammals aren't as popular as dinosaurs. As long as it's not an all-theropod lineup, I'll be happy.
Check out my customs thread!

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I wouldn't mind all theropods if they were all feathered birdlike dinosaurs, a Therizinosaur, an Ornithomimosaur, a Troodontid, and an Alvarezsaur for example.
Though I would prefer more diverse generally speaking
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Fembrogon

Five to six total figures sound reasonable. I wasn't interested in the armored dinos, but it wasn't a bad idea and I could certainly see them do more if they sold well so far.

If we get a new ceratopsian, Torosaurus would be my first choice.
I'll concur with the Dire wolf mentions, more mammals would be welcome and that one in particular would be great, after the latest studies.

Honestly, though, there are SO MANY genera that I would appreciate being done, it's hard to me to really pick or predict. I think I'd only be truly disappointed if A: they did a genus we already have enough representation of (eg. T. rex), or B: whatever model in question just comes out plain badly (eg. the last Mosasaurus released). Otherwise I'm just eager to see what's in store.

Concavenator

S @Shane Out of curiosity, who are you? It looks like you have info on Safari, are you part of the company? Just asking.

When it comes to their 2022 releases, and how they're thinking of "the best way to reveal them", I think the best way of revealing them is simply revealing them. This is, of course, if they can. I'm keeping in mind that we're (still) in a pandemic and that everything is still a chaos. I don't know if they are planning to release new figures but they aren't ready yet (be it that the models are not complete or that the manufacturing process hasn't ended) and of course I have no idea how the logistic situation is working right now. But if everything is ready and on point, why not reveal them now? (Not saying this is the case, this is just a possibility). In fact, if this was the case, this would help boost sales as people would have the chance to get some 2022 figures for Christmas.

To be honest, I don't think the way / method of revealing a particular model makes people feel more excited about it. I'd say it solely depends on how good the figure is (and since we're talking about Safari figures, it's safe to assume this is the case).

Shane

Quote from: Concavenator on December 17, 2021, 01:00:24 PM
S @Shane Out of curiosity, who are you? It looks like you have info on Safari, are you part of the company? Just asking.

When it comes to their 2022 releases, and how they're thinking of "the best way to reveal them", I think the best way of revealing them is simply revealing them. This is, of course, if they can. I'm keeping in mind that we're (still) in a pandemic and that everything is still a chaos. I don't know if they are planning to release new figures but they aren't ready yet (be it that the models are not complete or that the manufacturing process hasn't ended) and of course I have no idea how the logistic situation is working right now. But if everything is ready and on point, why not reveal them now? (Not saying this is the case, this is just a possibility). In fact, if this was the case, this would help boost sales as people would have the chance to get some 2022 figures for Christmas.

To be honest, I don't think the way / method of revealing a particular model makes people feel more excited about it. I'd say it solely depends on how good the figure is (and since we're talking about Safari figures, it's safe to assume this is the case).

I don't like to get too into details, as I like to keep this account more geared toward my personal interest in dinosaur figures.

Some people on this forum may be able to vouch for me, I believe I may have communicated with them back when I was more directly involved in Marketing/Social Media.

I mainly jumped into the fray when folks started sounding alarms that Safari must be in trouble if they haven't revealed their new products by now.

I can assure folks that that's not the case. Safari is actively working on new items. The main problem now is that logistically, every step of the process from manufacturing to shipping takes a lot longer.

The pandemic slowed down the process a lot, but things are starting to pick back up again. I would just ask that everyone continue to have patience.

Concavenator

S @Shane It feels good to have confirmation that new stuff is coming. It was to be expected that problems like this could happen in a situation like this. Let's just wait and see.

Shonisaurus

S @Shane Hopefully one year they will return to the production of Cenozoic animals such as prehistoric mammals, for example. I am an admirer of paraceratherium, although I understand that for your company as for any other it is a commercial risk to sell prehistoric mammals other than the smilodon or primigenius mammoth. I will wait as long as it takes to see what prehistoric animals do this year.

I would like the Safari company to make a turiasaurid by 2022 in this case a turiasaurus belongs to my land and is the best preserved turiasaurid sauropod and has a considerable size, I think it is one of the largest sauropods that exist in Europe.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus I would also like a Turiasaurus or close relative. It would be nice and there aren't any on the market as far as I'm aware
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Dinoxels

Safari Ltd. has officially revealed they are doing a 2022 range via an Instagram reel, while also asking fans what they want to see in the 2022 figure range. Still be patient however, as I doubt these reveals are coming anytime soon. I'm expecting February reveals at the earliest.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

GojiraGuy1954

I think the reveals might come on New Years, and that's why they have the fireworks
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Dinoxels

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on December 30, 2021, 10:09:36 PM
I think the reveals might come on New Years, and that's why they have the fireworks
I think you are reading too much into that
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Dinoxels on December 30, 2021, 10:14:36 PM
The only other time fireworks are used are on like the 4th of july and the 5th of november in terms of western countries (which safari is in)

Duck

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on December 30, 2021, 10:43:46 PM
Quote from: Dinoxels on December 30, 2021, 10:14:36 PM
The only other time fireworks are used are on like the 4th of july and the 5th of november in terms of western countries (which safari is in)
Fireworks are also used in other celebrations dude. Like during a college homecoming or sometimes after a soccer game. They are a way of celebrating.
He who dwells in pond

Theriz

I'm editing my whole post 'cause screw it I'm gonna go all out.
Confirmed: Patagotitan
Want: Albertosaurus, Brachiosaurus, Therizinosaurus/Beipiaosaurus, Scutosaurus, Tupandactylus, Chasmosaurus, Austroraptor, Koolasuchus, Rauisuchus, Plateosaurus, Aucasaurus, Struthiomimus, Ouranosaurus, Edmontonia, Anodontosaurus, Gigantopithecus, Homalocephale, Dryosaurus, Maiasaura, Liopleurodon, Mosasaurus, Shonisaurus, Arambourgiania, Alamosaurus, Megaraptor, Ceratosuchops, Shuuvia, Arctodus, Centrosaurus, Tarbosaurus, Torvosaurus, Lexovisaurus, and Saltasaurus

suspsy

Everyone's biggest hope and dream right now is for the reveals to start! :P
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

GojiraGuy1954

I hope they don't do the guessing game again.

1. We've already been waiting abnormally long for these reveals
2. EoFauna has that schtick down. They beat everyone in every regard dont try to beat them

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: