News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd 2022 Hopes and Dreams

Started by CarnotaurusKing, March 19, 2021, 06:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gothmog the Baryonyx

A pterosaur toob would be nice..

Well I was originally going to come up with reasonable suggestions but decided against it.

Firstly a toob containing 10 small dinosaurs; 5 theropods (Eotyrannus, Kileskus, Pelecanimimus, Heyuannia & Shuuvuia) & 5 Ornthiscians (Zalmoxes, Zuniceratops, Valdosaurus, Stegoceras & Minmi).

Secondly, regular figures of the following animals, in no particular order:

Udanoceratops,
Chasmosaurus,
Barosaurus,
Torvosaurus,
Camptosaurus,
Muttaburrasaurus,
Stenonychosaurus
Gigantoraptor,
Gallimimus,
Falcarius,
Postosuchus (bipedal),
Cryolophosaurus (feathered),
Drepanosaurus,
Rhamphorynhus (revamp),
Anuragnauthus (or any other Anuragnathid e.g. Batrachognathus),
Arctodus simus,
Aenicyon dirus,
Chalicotherium,
Polacanthus,
Zuul,
Lessemsaurus,
Fasolosuchus,
Plateosaurus,
Bonatitan,
Caihong,
Kulindadromeus,
Deltadromeus,
Shonisaurus,
Sharivopteryx,
Cotlorhynchus.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

JPuggy

im hoping for maybe some more permian creatures, or a new plateosaurus

Sim

Quote from: Sim on September 14, 2021, 09:32:05 PM
A small theropod toob sounds good.  Velociraptor, Coelophysis, Compsognathus, Falcarius and Ornitholestes would be good choices.  I would like a new Velociraptor to be sculpted for this toob and not reuse the Feathered Dinos Toob one.  I'd like the new Velociraptor to look more like Safari's 2017 Velociraptor.  "Archaeoraptor" doesn't exist, perhaps you were referring to Microraptor?  I think Microraptor would be a good choice for this toob, but like Velociraptor I'd like a new Microraptor to be sculpted as the Feathered Dinos toob one has outdated feathers, colouration and pose.  It would be great to have a small iridescent Microraptor, it would be more accurate than Safari's 2017 Microraptor.  I'd prefer Rativates or Dromiceiomimus to Struthiomimus as the first two have known head shapes while the third one doesn't.  Pyroraptor has an unknown appearance and it's not clear what kind of theropod Balaur is, so I'd much rather Safari's new toob included two of my favourite dinosaurs, Buitreraptor and Saurornithoides!

I'd be interested in a pterosaur toob if it included Rhamphorhynchus, Dorygnathus and/or Scaphognathus.  They would need to have pycnofibers too.  I would be so happy to have nice figures of these awesome pterosaurs!

avatar_DC @DC, I forgot to mention you in my last post.  I've quoted it above, in case you missed it.

DC

Acheroraptor from Hell Creek was what I intended. Much of the small stuff is scrappy so I would be happy with a best guess.
You can never have too many dinosaurs

Grimbeard

- More triassic animals, especially prosauropods and dinosauromorphs. The only decent prosauropod toys  I know of right now is the Collecta Plateosaurus and the PNSO Lufengosaurus and i dont recall ANY dinsauromorph toy. A nice Herrerasaur or an updated Rauisuchidae in bipedal stance would be nice as well.

- Smaller jurassic herbivore like Dryosaurus, Camptosaurus or Heterdontosaurs would be cool. Same for small jurassic theropds such as Ornitholestes or Coelurus. Most jurassic dinosaur models are either Stegosaurids, Sauropods or larger Theropods, would love more diverses options here.

- Ornithomimosauria, specificly Gallimimus or Ornithomimus. Outside of Jurassic Park lines, only Deinocheirus got some love from "serious" manufactors in recent years.

- Paleozoic animals that are not Dimetrodon. Specially devonian or carboniferrian(?) tetrapodomorpha would be nice, sine they seem to be completly absent outside of minis or expensive resin/ 3D printed models. Same

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Sim on September 14, 2021, 09:32:05 PM
A small theropod toob sounds good.  Velociraptor, Coelophysis, Compsognathus, Falcarius and Ornitholestes would be good choices.  I would like a new Velociraptor to be sculpted for this toob and not reuse the Feathered Dinos Toob one.  I'd like the new Velociraptor to look more like Safari's 2017 Velociraptor.  "Archaeoraptor" doesn't exist, perhaps you were referring to Microraptor?  I think Microraptor would be a good choice for this toob, but like Velociraptor I'd like a new Microraptor to be sculpted as the Feathered Dinos toob one has outdated feathers, colouration and pose.  It would be great to have a small iridescent Microraptor, it would be more accurate than Safari's 2017 Microraptor.  I'd prefer Rativates or Dromiceiomimus to Struthiomimus as the first two have known head shapes while the third one doesn't.  Pyroraptor has an unknown appearance and it's not clear what kind of theropod Balaur is, so I'd much rather Safari's new toob included two of my favourite dinosaurs, Buitreraptor and Saurornithoides!

I'd be interested in a pterosaur toob if it included Rhamphorhynchus, Dorygnathus and/or Scaphognathus.  They would need to have pycnofibers too.  I would be so happy to have nice figures of these awesome pterosaurs!
I think he meant Hell Creek's "Acheroraptor."
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Sim

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on September 26, 2021, 07:57:02 PM
I think he meant Hell Creek's "Acheroraptor."

They did say they meant that.  Acheroraptor is only known from fragments and Velociraptor can be used as a stand-in for it, so I think an accurate Microraptor would be a better choice for being made into a figure.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: suspsy on August 13, 2021, 02:54:13 AM
I really like the idea of Australopithecus. I'd love nothing more than for companies to start focusing on hominins other than Neanderthals.

Don't they already have that hominid set? I'm fine with that provided they return to painting it with the quality it had when it first came out. Safari's habit of getting sloppy with their paint jobs over time is really annoying.

My biggest hopes remain the same as they have for multiple years running now, lol. I mostly want some classic species that haven't really gotten much attention from companies of Safari's caliber.

Dinosaurs

Saurolophus
Ouranosaurus
Centrosaurus
If I'm dreaming, any large bodied titanosaur in 1:40-1:50 size range, whether Dreadnoughtus, Alamosaurus, or whatever.

Other...
Paraceratherium
Koolasuchus
Hatzegopteryx

Prehistoric themed Toobs need to make a comeback, too!
I don't actually expect any in the near future, so I would put these more as "dreams" than "hopes", but my suggestions include:

Pterosaurs Toob - basically "toobify" all their existing pterosaurs, with a few extras to round it out
"Toobified" remakes
Rhamphorhynchus
Dimorphodon
Tapajara
Ornithocheirid (either a Toob version of whatever their "Pterosaur" model is, or a more well known taxa)
Standing and Flying variants of Pteranodon (possibly with the flying variant relabeled as "Geosternbergia", depending on current consensus)
Unique sculpts
Standing azhdarchid (would probably fit the dimensions of a Toob better than a miniaturized version of their flying Quetzalcoatlus)
Nyctosaurus
Pterodaustro
Anurognathus (or any relative)

Recently Extinct Animals
Thylacine
Dodo
Moa
Great Auk
Quagga
Passenger Pigeon
Golden Toad
Yangtze River Dolphin
Ivory Billed Woodpecker
Stellar's Sea Cow

Whale Evolution Toob (alternatively, just the first 5 or 6 here could be released as a "Safariology" set like the hominid set)
Indohyus
Pakicetus
Ambulocetus
Kutchicetus
Maiacetus
Basilosaurus (can reuse previous Toob model)
Livyatan
Eurhinodelphis
Odobenocetops
They could honestly probably get away with packaging a gray whale in there and calling it a Cetotherium  ;D

Paleozoic Toob
Dunkleosteus
Cameroceras
Jaekelopterus or Pterygotus
Walliserops, or alternatively Cheirurus for an Animal Crossing reference  ;)
Tiktaalik
Arthropleura
Meganeura
Cotylorhynchus
Scutosaurus (can reuse the excellent retired sculpt)
Eryops
Edaphosaurus
I suppose we can't avoid getting Dimetrodon in there too  ::)

Reuben03

Quote from: Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) on October 15, 2021, 05:23:43 AM
Yes. to all of this. i love the idea of this so much. especially the whale evolution toob.

id love a small eryops too! one of my favs.

i personally think we need a modern feathered dinosaurs toob. new sculpts with non pronated wrists, wings and tail fans. we need that.

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

Lynx

I'm praying they add Microraptor to the feathered dinos tube... after all these years... we could finally have a Microraptor that can scale up with other figures.
I also hope they make a Therizinosaurus, which is in desperate need of an accurate model. The same goes for Hatzegopteryx, which has unfortunately been portrayed by CollectA and other brands as a shrink-wrapped monster. Let's hope we can trust SafariLTD with the task of making both these creatures chunky and fluffy, as they should have been from the start. And please... oh please make a Utahraptor! There's only one in the market and to say the least... it's not the most accurate thing in the world.
So in conclusion, these are the releases I'd like to see:
- Therizinosaurus
- Hatzegopteryx
- Utahraptor
- Microraptor in the Feathered Dinos tube
An oversized house cat.

Quote from: Lynx on October 15, 2021, 01:35:41 PM
I'm praying they add Microraptor to the feathered dinos tube... after all these years... we could finally have a Microraptor that can scale up with other figures.
- Microraptor in the Feathered Dinos tube

The Feathered Dinosaurs Toob already has a Microraptor in it. It just isn't painted black.

stargatedalek

It's blue and in the outdated sprawling glide pose. While an updated one would be nice, at that point you might as well make a new toob.

Reuben03

Quote from: stargatedalek on October 16, 2021, 10:33:15 PM
It's blue and in the outdated sprawling glide pose. While an updated one would be nice, at that point you might as well make a new toob.

exactly! with more a more revised accurate selection too...

I think:

Archeopteryx

Microraptor

Yutyrannus

Velociraptor

Citipati

Therizinosaurus

Deinonychus

Sinosauropteryx

Fluffy Pachyrhinosaurus?

Caudipteryx

Incisivosaurus

Leaellynasaura

perhaps or something along those lines, would be really nice.

Sim

Its forelimb remiges and its rectrices are outdated/inaccurate too, if I'm remembering right.  I agree an updated Microraptor would be good.

avatar_Reuben03 @Reuben03, I like your selection for a new Feathered Dinosaur Toob, but I would make a few changes.  Based on Mark Witton's work Therizinosaurus and Pachyrhinosaurus might have been featherless, so I'd replace them with Falcarius and Kulindadromeus.  I'd also replace Incisivosaurus with Saurornithoides (lived alongside Velociraptor and Citipati), Sinornithoides or Buitreraptor.

Faelrin

Falcarius and Kulindadromeus definitely have my vote. Ditto with Buitreraptor. Why the BotM figure is the only one out of out there(?) is my guess. It's such an interesting animal (and I guess that also goes for its relatives like Halszkaraptor, etc).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Reuben03

Quote from: Sim on October 17, 2021, 12:34:45 PM

Its forelimb remiges and its rectrices are outdated/inaccurate too, if I'm remembering right.  I agree an updated Microraptor would be good.

avatar_Reuben03 @Reuben03, I like your selection for a new Feathered Dinosaur Toob, but I would make a few changes.  Based on Mark Witton's work Therizinosaurus and Pachyrhinosaurus might have been featherless, so I'd replace them with Falcarius and Kulindadromeus.  I'd also replace Incisivosaurus with Saurornithoides (lived alongside Velociraptor and Citipati), Sinornithoides or Buitreraptor.

yeah these are all changes i can get on board with, love these ideas! although Incisivosaurus is one i am incredibly fond of. i can blame prehistoric park for that.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Buitreraptor isn't a Halszkaraptorine, it's an Unenlagiine, but both of those subfamilies are very interesting and not represented in toy form, I would take them all
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Thialfi

I really wish someone would make a dodo in 1/20. Safari should be able to pull that off nicely. And perhaps a Steller's sea cow, giant swan (Cygnus falconeri), a moa, aurochs, Haast's eagle..

Reuben03

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on September 15, 2021, 12:53:14 AM

Firstly a toob containing 10 small dinosaurs; 5 theropods (Eotyrannus, Kileskus, Pelecanimimus, Heyuannia & Shuuvuia) & 5 Ornthiscians (Zalmoxes, Zuniceratops, Valdosaurus, Stegoceras & Minmi).
id love a tiny pelecanimimus!!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: