News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd 2022 Hopes and Dreams

Started by CarnotaurusKing, March 19, 2021, 06:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

They could reproduce a patagotitan for Safari 2022 since it is a species of large sauropod, one of the largest sauropods and some parts of its skeleton are known.

Flaffy

When does Safari usually do their reveals? Could've sworn it was around this time of year.

suspsy

Their 2021 teases began on October 5.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

You don't think Safari would outright skip a year, do you?
A part of me think their 2021 releases weren't actually all they had sculpted for that year, given comments we've had in the past about the two-year-cycle it usually takes to make new figures. I suspect they may have had more ready to go, but then only released the theropods to save costs in the wake of Covid, and hopefully make more money on the more sure bet, since the general public favors theropods. If that's true, maybe we will see a more herbivore or even non-dinosaur heavy release this year...

suspsy

I wonder if they're planning to do more of those armour-wearing dinosaurs. Personally, I felt no enthusiasm for the two that came out this year.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Reuben03

Quote from: suspsy on October 27, 2021, 06:29:47 PM
I wonder if they're planning to do more of those armour-wearing dinosaurs. Personally, I felt no enthusiasm for the two that came out this year.

yeah id rather leave the insane stuff to schleich lol. besides, soon 'cyberzoic' will fill that gap in the market if that gap in the market even exists

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) on October 27, 2021, 05:55:55 PM
You don't think Safari would outright skip a year, do you?
A part of me think their 2021 releases weren't actually all they had sculpted for that year, given comments we've had in the past about the two-year-cycle it usually takes to make new figures. I suspect they may have had more ready to go, but then only released the theropods to save costs in the wake of Covid, and hopefully make more money on the more sure bet, since the general public favors theropods. If that's true, maybe we will see a more herbivore or even non-dinosaur heavy release this year...
New megatherium pls
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Faelrin

That makes me wonder when 2022's figures will be revealed. They seem to be giving pretty vague responses to folks asking when the new reveals will begin on their social media stuff. I wonder if there's been any production delays, or if the cargo shipping situation has caused them to put any reveals on hold until things are able to come into stock such as with the Pyrois repaint. A large portion of their prehistoric selection is also out of stock currently too (on their website).

I'm also wondering what's going to end up being retired next year as well.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Gwangi

Quote from: Faelrin on October 27, 2021, 08:27:11 PM
That makes me wonder when 2022's figures will be revealed. They seem to be giving pretty vague responses to folks asking when the new reveals will begin on their social media stuff. I wonder if there's been any production delays, or if the cargo shipping situation has caused them to put any reveals on hold until things are able to come into stock such as with the Pyrois repaint. A large portion of their prehistoric selection is also out of stock currently too (on their website).

For me this is as important as knowing what the new releases are, it lets me know which figures I need to prioritize getting.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Gwangi on October 27, 2021, 08:30:07 PM
Quote from: Faelrin on October 27, 2021, 08:27:11 PM

For me this is as important as knowing what the new releases are, it lets me know which figures I need to prioritize getting.
Agreed!

I really feel like we should make "retired for 20xx" threads. It doesn't have to be one for each brand, but one for every brands retirements that year in one space would be nice. That or add a list of retiring figures in the OP of new for threads along with the new figures.

Wandering

My predictions for this year are Majungasaurus, Borealopelta, and maybe Cryolophosaurus.  In terms of want i want to see, I'd honestly love any Triassic era reptile or Synapsid, anything from the Paleozoic, pretty much any dinosaur that isn't a tharapod, I love tharapods, but I'd really love to see more from the order Ornithischia, or suborder Sauropodomorpha represented.  Zuul would be a great choice.

SenSx

I'm hoping for a Herrerasaurus and a Cryolophosaurus.
An updated more robust Dilophosaurus would be cool, but I doubt it...

Ikessauro

Quote from: stargatedalek on October 27, 2021, 08:52:59 PM
I really feel like we should make "retired for 20xx" threads. It doesn't have to be one for each brand, but one for every brands retirements that year in one space would be nice. That or add a list of retiring figures in the OP of new for threads along with the new figures.

I think we could adapt the current "New for YEAR" threads and just add the word "retired" in the tittle. Like, "New and Retired for 2022". This way all the information is kept in a single brand specific thread.

Faelrin

That certainly sounds like a good idea to have. Seconding either avatar_stargatedalek @stargatedalek or avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro ideas.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: SenSx on October 30, 2021, 11:53:09 PM
Totally agree
Ironically I got an old safari dilophosaurus and made it more robust
But I am excited for a new more robust cryolophosaurus

Shonisaurus

Quote from: SenSx on October 30, 2021, 11:53:09 PM

In my case I would like a feathered cryolophosaurus, I do not know if it will be scientific or not but I am very morbid that Safari made a cryolophosaurus perhaps from my point of view Carnegie made a good cryolophosaurus but I understand that this figure can be improved by Safari.

SenSx

Herrerasaurus and Cryolophosaurus + updated Dilopphosaurus...

But I forgot the Gallimimus !  :o   The only JP1 dinosaur left that desperately needs a figure !
I also want a Gigantoraptor, but I somehow doubt it will come from Safari, more from PNSO once they decide to tackle dinosaurs again.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: SenSx on November 03, 2021, 11:40:48 AM

But I forgot the Gallimimus !  :o   The only JP1 dinosaur left that desperately needs a figure !
I also want a Gigantoraptor, but I somehow doubt it will come from Safari, more from PNSO once they decide to tackle dinosaurs again.
PNSO already has a Giganotoraptor

SenSx

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on November 06, 2021, 11:45:01 PM

Well not in the scale (the mini figure) or the material (I'm not going to buy that bronze lol)  I am looking for.
They alwready made a bigger version of their Qianzhousaurus that had a mini before so who knows...

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: SenSx on November 06, 2021, 11:53:23 PM
Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on November 06, 2021, 11:45:01 PM

Well not in the scale (the mini figure) or the material (I'm not going to buy that bronze lol)  I am looking for.
They alwready made a bigger version of their Qianzhousaurus that had a mini before so who knows...
I don't think Shanshan is a minifigure

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: