News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - New for 2022

Started by Takama, August 03, 2021, 08:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

Those look decent.

Quote from: PrimevalRaptor on September 11, 2021, 11:16:14 AM
I swear I've seen the color scheme before

Dinosaur King
https://dinosaurking.fandom.com/wiki/Majungasaurus

The Para also seems to be inspired by the one from the Jurassic World Website:
https://jurassicpark.fandom.com/de/wiki/Parasaurolophus

Wouldn't be the first time.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Carnoking

Amargasaurus looks like a retooled brontosaurus.
All in all, not as bad as I was anticipating but not good enough to get me on board.

Szajmin

OMG WOW

Nothosaurus and Majungasaurus looks deacent, and i want them! But i am still worry about the teeth on real figures

Amargasaurus = i have battat one, and don't think that schleich one is better, so pass. And correctly if i wrong, it should be spikes, no skin between them.

Parasaurolophus - ok. maybe

Overall = Good work schleich

suspsy

These are not as bad as I feared they'd be. Not great either.

avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum, reckon it's time now to launch a "New for 2022" child board?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

sauroid

they all look ok-ish but i wont buy them at the usual $20+ asking price. not worth it. (expect the Nothosaurus and Majunga's teeth to look like white chicklets)
i want to see the Styracosaurus tho. i might consider the Parasaurolophus.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Dinoxels

Nothosaurus reminds me of eastern dragons.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Faelrin

The Amargasaurus reminds me of the Mattel one, which in turn looked like the Chap Mei one.

I agree with avatar_CityRaptor @CityRaptor the Parasaurolophus does resemble the JW website one, in coloration.

The one that definitely interests me though is the Nothosaurus. Neck looks a little too short maybe, and teeth are obviously gummed up for child safety, but not too bad. Nice to have another figure of this animal after so long.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

MLMjp

Insert meme "not bad"

I was expecting the Amargasaurus to look like the Brachiosaurus and Barapasaurus with those weird ugly big scales, but I totally forgot about Brontosaurus. The new sculpt style for their sauropods is definitely better, but nothing remarkable. Of course it has a sail and the spines are not bent backwards enough.

I said the Parasaurolophus would be the best, and it is. Its also relatively accurate, being rather bulky and with the only noticeable issue being the front feet with individual claws. Nothosaurus is not as bad as I feared. And the Majungasaurus is better than I expected, if only all of its limbs were smaller... I need to see the Styracosaurus.

Im kinda surprised honestly, all of the ones I expected to look bad turned out better than I though. I want to see how the Para and Majunga (and the Styraco) turn out in person, but I have zero interest in the rest.

PD: Wild Past had a PVC Majungasaurus coming, right? If thats the case then this Majungasaurus becomes irrelevant.

Bread

I actually would say these look quite good. The Parasaurolophus being my favorite out of the bunch, especially those colors. The Majungasaurus surprises me as I feared it would be a duplicate of Jurassic Fight Club's design and colors, but nope Schleich did a good job. Like other's mention, the feet/limbs are just too big on it though. Others I am not really too interested in, but the Majungasaurus and Parasaurolophus seem the most appealing to me however.

Szajmin

I am sorry, i also collect other animals, anyone knows are there photos of non-prehistoric figures?

SidB

Definitely a rather positive surprise. I'm interested in the Amara and the Para, particularly the latter. I'm curious as to whether a Styracosaurus will be forthcoming, as there is now hope for a decent one. If so, it would their first good one, after two previous failures. They seem to do well with Parasaurolophus, however.

Bread

Quote from: Szajmin on September 11, 2021, 02:51:41 PM
I am sorry, i also collect other animals, anyone knows are there photos of non-prehistoric figures?
http://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?topic=2869.msg30244;topicseen#new
Link for the animal toy forum, there is a Schleich 2022 thread but I haven't seen any images for their listed animals yet.

Gwangi

Nothing extraordinary, but nothing that bad either. Just kind of middle of the road. The Majungasaurus is the best of the dinosaurs and until Safari, CollectA, or PNSO make one I dare say it's the best representative of the genus. The Nothosaurus is the only one I'm likely to get.

GojiraGuy1954

Notho looks amazing
Majunga looks cool but has severe arm and foot proportioning issues
Para looks great
Amarga is at a weird angle so i'm not gonna judge yet.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

GojiraGuy1954

The amarga has the Mattel Amargasaurus colours

Mattyonyx

Quote from: Gwangi on September 11, 2021, 03:15:18 PM
Nothing extraordinary, but nothing that bad either. Just kind of middle of the road. The Majungasaurus is the best of the dinosaurs and until Safari, CollectA, or PNSO make one I dare say it's the best representative of the genus. The Nothosaurus is the only one I'm likely to get.

I think Mattel did a better job with the Majungasaurus, even if the arms are wrong.

Leyster

The Majungasaurus is the best of the dinosaurs and until Safari, CollectA, or PNSO make one I dare say it's the best representative of the genus.
I think Vitae's and even Mattel did a better job portraying this genus. Even the PNSO mini, despite the arms.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

GojiraGuy1954

wild past is making a majunga. get that

ItsTwentyBelow

I'm liking Nothosaurus and Parasaurolophus! I really want to see more angles on the Notho.

Mixed on the Amargasaurus and Majungasaurus, but I like Majunga better of those two. Just some wonky proportions.

Thialfi

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on September 11, 2021, 03:34:22 PM
Notho looks amazing
Majunga looks cool but has severe arm and foot proportioning issues
Para looks great
Amarga is at a weird angle so i'm not gonna judge yet.
Those teeth on that notho :(

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: