News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mesozoic Life’s 1:35 Scale Spinosaurus Kickstarter

Started by Concavenator, August 21, 2021, 08:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duna

That figure is absolutely impressive, what a size ... and the paint scheme was replicated perfectly. Gorgeous!! ^-^

JohannesB

This must be one of my most wanted figures of all time. So beautiful. I would go for the 1:35 scale, I think.

paintingdinos

Are they going to be selling that large one as an unassembled kit I wonder? Maybe it was just a test print to showcase size/something similar.... I would looooove to have that if its a kit. Would still be interested in the smaller sizes if not, though. Excited to see where this goes.

JohannesB

I agree that the option to buy these as unassembled and unpainted kits would be a very tempting one.

Concavenator

New Kickstarter campaign for the 1:35 Mesozoic Life Spinosaurus launching on May 2022.

Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/michel_elia/status/1514773328841494539

Check out this quote by avatar_The Darknix @The Darknix on Facebook (Paleofiguras Group):

Spinosaurus aegyptiacus 1:35 Ramses.
Everything has led us to this moment, for the last time the Kickstarter will be held of what will be the 1:35 scale figure of Ramses the Spinosaurus aegyptiacus flagship of Mesozoic Life, at the beginning of May we will have the figure of this African theropod available for the last time on the Kickstarter platform.
To those who wonder the price of this figure will be 60 USD with shipping included, in turn this figure has had aesthetic changes to make it look more precise among which is the improvement of the hind legs, a novelty that I can share is that you can buy not only the painted figure but also the unpainted version so that they can paint it to your liking. If you have any questions here I will be ready to answer them.
For my part, I am anxious for the day to come when I can reserve my piece.

Faelrin

Fingers crossed it succeeds this time.

Edit: Bad timing for me though since I need to focus on moving next month.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Eocarcharia

I'd like to see this succeed as much as anyone here, but I don't see how this will go any differently than last time. Do we know of anything being done for this campaign to make successful funding more likely?

Sim

I don't know if it will go differently this time, but I plan on supporting it this time around.  I'm curious about what changes they made to the figure's legs?  I hope it gets shared widely so it succeeds this time!

Carnoking

I'm really pulling for this one. It would certainly be the definitive Spinosaurus in my collection.

Sim

Of course, I forgot, the improvement to the figure's hind legs must be the correction of the toe claws.

Renecito

Quote from: Concavenator on April 15, 2022, 07:47:11 PM
New Kickstarter campaign for the 1:35 Mesozoic Life Spinosaurus launching on May 2022.

Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/michel_elia/status/1514773328841494539

Check out this quote by avatar_The Darknix @The Darknix on Facebook (Paleofiguras Group):

Spinosaurus aegyptiacus 1:35 Ramses.
Everything has led us to this moment, for the last time the Kickstarter will be held of what will be the 1:35 scale figure of Ramses the Spinosaurus aegyptiacus flagship of Mesozoic Life, at the beginning of May we will have the figure of this African theropod available for the last time on the Kickstarter platform.
To those who wonder the price of this figure will be 60 USD with shipping included, in turn this figure has had aesthetic changes to make it look more precise among which is the improvement of the hind legs, a novelty that I can share is that you can buy not only the painted figure but also the unpainted version so that they can paint it to your liking. If you have any questions here I will be ready to answer them.
For my part, I am anxious for the day to come when I can reserve my piece.

I think it would be great if a moderator would move Concavenator's post to the New for 2022 thread.
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Sim

I hope this Kickstarter succeeds for two reasons: 1. the Spinosaurus figure is excellent and the best version of this animal available, and 2. it would encourage this brand to make more prehistoric animal figures.  I hope they wouldn't make Carcharodontosaurus, Allosaurus and Concavenator as those already have good figures, but Giganotosaurus and other species they have planned would benefit from good figure representation.

MLMjp

I don't think I will be able to support this...I have some expenses this summer and I need to save money for them.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Sim on April 16, 2022, 10:30:07 PM
I hope this Kickstarter succeeds for two reasons: 1. the Spinosaurus figure is excellent and the best version of this animal available, and 2. it would encourage this brand to make more prehistoric animal figures.  I hope they wouldn't make Carcharodontosaurus, Allosaurus and Concavenator as those already have good figures, but Giganotosaurus and other species they have planned would benefit from good figure representation.
EoFauna Giga
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Sim

avatar_GojiraGuy1954 @GojiraGuy1954, I guess the Eofauna Giganotosaurus is okay all things considered.  I find it quite a poor figure though mainly due to it using the head reconstruction that's been criticised for being artificially elongated, and then shrinking the elongated head down to the length it would be if it wasn't elongated, resulting in a head that's too thin top to bottom and too small.  I also find the Eofauna Giganotosaurus's paintjob and detail to be mediocre.

Concavenator

Fresh info on the new Kickstarter campaign!

https://twitter.com/michel_elia/status/1517535526861090818?cxt=HHwWhMC5ya-hr48qAAAA

QuoteThe final price of the Spino figure in the new campaign will be 67.95 USD (Shipping Included)

It is more expensive than in the previous campaign and a minimum of 247 Reserved Units are needed to meet the new goal .

The New campaign begins on May 1 at 22pm GMT

Personally, I'm hyped to see the minimum reserve units for the sucess of the proyect has went down from 800 to 247! Now, I think the chances are real. In fact, the last Kickstarter campaign ended with 288 reserves.

Carnoking

SidB

The price isn't cheap, but it's in PNSO territory, so can be managed, IMO.

Concavenator

Quote from: SidB on April 23, 2022, 07:51:40 PM
The price isn't cheap, but it's in PNSO territory, so can be managed, IMO.

You're right. If people think paying 60 $ + shipping for a 21 cm long PNSO Tsintaosaurus is worth it, then I imagine paying 68 $ for a 1:35 scale 44 cm long Spinosaurus is also worth it. No offense to PNSO, their figures themselves are great, but the price-quality relationship isn't so great...

I encourage everyone interested in scientific figures to support this upcoming Kickstarter campaign. Even if you don't care for Spinosaurus, the success of this campaign, according to Blayken, is mandatory for them to release other figures in the future. Some of the species they have designs of are Herrerasaurus, Deltadromeus, Torvosaurus, Europejara, Ekrixinatosaurus, Saurosuchus... If this Spinosaurus is released perhaps one or some of those (among others, they have designs for more spp) will be made into figures at some point. And after seeing the quality of their Spinosaurus, that's probably something a lot of people here would look forward to.

Concavenator

Kickstarter campaign link expected to be available sometime this week.

QuoteFinally I have everything ready and the #MesozoicLifeProject Kickstarter campaign has been sent to review so that it is ready to start on May 1st.

This week I will be able to share the link

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: