News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva’s Cyberzoic Series

Started by suspsy, September 24, 2021, 04:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Quote from: Faelrin on October 24, 2021, 03:14:51 PM
Some concept art with the mystery animal revealed to be Dryptosaurus:

That does look very cool. I wonder what its new colours will be like. I wouldn't mind if Cyberzoic marked the beginning of totally original colour schemes for the dinosaurs, but I'd be fine with David continuing to take influence from modern animals and pop culture. I asked him if he would consider using Beast Megatron's colours for the Cyberzoic T. rex and he said he was open to that.

Also, I don't see any guns on that armour.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Faelrin on September 24, 2021, 05:29:44 PM
While this was discussed in the Tyrannosaur thread already, David confirmed there will be Allosaurus and Kentrosaurus featured in this next series, and since both series will share sculpts going forward, that likely means there will be BotM Allosaurus and Kentrosaurus figures coming down the road.

He also expressed interest in moving away from doing families for BotM, but did express interest in looking at doing formations instead. We already have a bit of that going between the raptor, ceratopsian, and tyrannosaur series, so it would be nice to see that fleshed out from here. Quite a few more he could do from Hell Creek, Dinosaur Park, Nemegt, never mind untouched ones such as the Cloverly Formation (Acrocanthosaurus, Deinonychus, Sauropelta, Tenontosaurus, etc), the Morrison (Allosaurus, Ceratosaurus, Torvosaurus, Stegosaurus, etc), etc.

I wonder if this will also be a good method to getting 1/18th Deinonychus, Utahraptor, and (although fragmentary) Dakotaraptor figures at last.
He confirmed Utah on some youtube interview
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Faelrin

avatar_GojiraGuy1954 @GojiraGuy1954 Thanks, but I'm actually already aware and excited for the Utahraptor, as I mentioned it in this post here. Also that post of mine you've quoted was made well before that interview with Jurassic Outpost was even uploaded. Deinonychus might also happen, if things work out for it. Hopefully as it's tied with Velociraptor as my favorite dromaeosaurid.

Come to think of it, if I can remember by then (and I'm actually able to go), perhaps I should ask him about that at Toy Con on November 13th or 14th.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

suspsy

As much as I advocated for BotM Series 4 to consist of hadrosaurs, I rather like the idea of switching from families to formations.

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Reuben03

Quote from: suspsy on October 29, 2021, 02:28:06 AM
As much as I advocated for BotM Series 4 to consist of hadrosaurs, I rather like the idea of switching from families to formations.
THIS IS SUCH A GOOD IDEA.

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

Reuben03

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on October 29, 2021, 08:05:33 AM
Western Interior Seaway pls
Literally the greatest formation ever, i cannot possibly agree more.
the very idea of it drives me wild.

imagine it,

finally,

a decent mosasaur action figure, and a tylosaurus at that!!!

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

suspsy

Creative Beast is now sharing images of a mighty dragon on Facebook and presumably Twitter and Instagram.

Eocarcharia

Here it is:

QuoteHappy 2022, everyone! I hope you all enjoyed your holiday break- I know I did. But now I can't wait to dive back into the work flow again as we have so many exciting projects planned for this year. I want to kick things off with one of the most anticipated figures in the works right now- here's the first look at the Arctic Dragon action figure sculpt for the upcoming Cyberzoic line! Some of you may remember this design from my model kit several years back. Now, using that model as reference, I'm having Raul Ramos resculpt the Arctic Dragon as a fully articulated action figure. This is all a work-in-progress and the joints here are not final, but I thought you all would like to see the progress so far. Final figure size is still TBD, but expect it to be a good match for the 1/18th T. rex and in the same scale. Availability and pricing are also to be determined, but I will be posting regular updates on this as the progress continues!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Looks a lot like the Mcfarlane Dragons one. Kinda hope it has translucent parts.

Carnoking

Cool design but I think it's something I'll be okay skipping. Thank goodness this line is going to be a mix of dinosaurs and dragons and what not. Means I'll have to worry about less.

suspsy

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 03, 2022, 09:16:52 PM
Looks a lot like the Mcfarlane Dragons one. Kinda hope it has translucent parts.

Well, it is an Arctic dragon, so perhaps it'll have icy bits on its body.

I will say this: as cool as this design is, it sadly won't be eligible for a DTB review, along with the other Cyberzoic dragons. Dinosaurs only!

Faelrin

It's an action figure version of this beautiful sculpt, for those not in the know:

I still have fond memories of seeing this thing at that one toy show I met David in person for the first time. The base was lit up too. It'll definitely give the new T. rex a run for its money. I've also been wanting a action figure of this for years now. Probably since the raptor series. So I'm very glad and excited to see there's progress on this once again. I think it'll make a pretty cool display pair with the Yutyrannus.

Hopefully it'll retain the coloration, although I do recall there was concept art for the action figure version that did have it, which was made around the time the tyrannosaur series was announced.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

suspsy

I've added the images avatar_Eocarcharia @Eocarcharia kindly provided to the OP.

Eocarcharia

Quote from: suspsy on January 04, 2022, 02:22:16 AM
I've added the images avatar_Eocarcharia @Eocarcharia kindly provided to the OP.
Thanks, but just so you know, I usually host the images that I post on imgur, but their site was having some trouble uploading today, so I just linked the images here directly from Facebook. The problem with that is that Facebook image addresses change every couple months, so they'll disappear from here unless they get replaced with another source. I'll try to do that tomorrow. But if you copied my images directly to the OP, you'll have to change them too. Sorry about the hassle, but I didn't expect this to happen.

suspsy

Eocarcharia

avatar_suspsy @suspsy Alright, I fixed all the images. I also added an additional one on the end.

Flaffy

"Today we have a full reveal of our latest sculpt- the 1/18 Utahraptor ostrommaysi, by Jake Baardse! This sculpt is not final yet as we are still checking it against the most current data, but I thought you all would like to see how it's progressing so far. This is planned for release in both the Beasts of the Mesozoic and Cyberzoic toy lines- dates are TBD.
I'll be posting more about this exciting new figure as we progress!"

Fembrogon

Oh, that model is already looking FIIIINE. I'm excited for the final product!

Flaffy

I wonder if the potential updates will reflect the Gaston mount from BYU, which is currently the most updated mount of Utahraptor I believe. Notice how the head is even more boxy than Hartman's 2017 skeletal.

At 13.5" it'll be a hair shorter than the 1/35 Tyrannosaurus figure. At 1/18 scale it puts this Utahraptor at 6.2 meters long.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: