News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva’s Cyberzoic Series

Started by suspsy, September 24, 2021, 04:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pliosaurking

paintingdinos

Also very exited for the Utahraptor... the sculpt is looking excellent.

Carnoking

Been falling down the BotM Raptor rabbit hole as of late. If those are any indication, I'm gonna love this one!

Faelrin

Can't wait for this one. Glad to see it will be featured in both BotM and the new Cyberzoic series. Now to just wait for it to be finished, and eventually the colorations this beast will get. We have been long overdue for an accurate Utahraptor, from like any company at this point, but I'm such a sucker for this line.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Sim

Quote from: Flaffy on January 28, 2022, 07:47:06 PM
I wonder if the potential updates will reflect the Gaston mount from BYU, which is currently the most updated mount of Utahraptor I believe. Notice how the head is even more boxy than Hartman's 2017 skeletal.

My understanding is Scott Hartman's skeletal and the Gaston mount are simply based on different individuals.  There are Utahraptor specimens for both kinds of snout shapes.

David's Utahraptor is looking great, finally Utahraptor is getting the attention it deserves.  I don't see myself getting it however.  Long story short, David and I had a lot of good interactions during the BotM raptor series Kickstarter, but that came to an end when we had a major disagreement.  When he revealed the 1:18 small dromaeosaurids, I thought I could give Beasts of the Mesozoic another chance, and I made a few posts on the Creative Beast Studio Facebook page in response to posts by other people which expressed their wish for the 1:18 dromaeosaurids to have accurate proportions and for larger dromaeosaurids to be made for BotM.  One of the people even liked my posts wishing for Deinonychus to be made.  Later, I saw that all the posts I had made on the aforementioned Facebook page were gone and I could no longer post on the Facebook page.  I take that as David doesn't want to interact with me any more.  I accept that, but I don't feel any desire to have his products as a result.

suspsy

I've added the Utahraptor images to the OP. This is going to be great! Can't wait to see what its colour scheme is going to be. I'd be fine with another extant bird of prey. The great horned owl is available! So is the king vulture for that matter!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Psittacoraptor

Very excited for this one! I wonder about the coloration, too. Inspired by extant raptors would make the most sense. My choice would be the crested caracara.

Flaffy

Quote from: Sim on January 28, 2022, 09:39:33 PM
David's Utahraptor is looking great, finally Utahraptor is getting the attention it deserves.  I don't see myself getting it however.  Long story short, David and I had a lot of good interactions during the BotM raptor series Kickstarter, but that came to an end when we had a major disagreement.  When he revealed the 1:18 small dromaeosaurids, I thought I could give Beasts of the Mesozoic another chance, and I made a few posts on the Creative Beast Studio Facebook page in response to posts by other people which expressed their wish for the 1:18 dromaeosaurids to have accurate proportions and for larger dromaeosaurids to be made for BotM.  One of the people even liked my posts wishing for Deinonychus to be made.  Later, I saw that all the posts I had made on the aforementioned Facebook page were gone and I could no longer post on the Facebook page.  I take that as David doesn't want to interact with me any more.  I accept that, but I don't feel any desire to have his products as a result.

That's very out of character for David. Surely this was a mistake, either by Facebook or David? I regularly provide criticism on his facebook page if I notice any scientific inaccuracies on his sculpts, and he is very open to listening. Maybe you could contact David directly via DMs to ask about this.

suspsy

Quote from: Flaffy on January 28, 2022, 11:10:50 PM
That's very out of character for David. Surely this was a mistake, either by Facebook or David? I regularly provide criticism on his facebook page if I notice any scientific inaccuracies on his sculpts, and he is very open to listening.

Even David has his limits. Criticism is all fine and good up to a point, but too much of it can easily become irritating, even to the nicest of chaps. Don't think it would be a mistake on Facebook's part either. Sure, they'll temporarily suspend your account if you say nasty things to another person, or if their ridiculous algorithm inexcusably mistakes some innocuous words for nasty things, but I've never heard of them randomly blocking access to pages.

Flaffy

Quote from: suspsy on January 28, 2022, 11:23:52 PM
Quote from: Flaffy on January 28, 2022, 11:10:50 PM
That's very out of character for David. Surely this was a mistake, either by Facebook or David? I regularly provide criticism on his facebook page if I notice any scientific inaccuracies on his sculpts, and he is very open to listening.

Even David has his limits. Criticism is all fine and good up to a point, but too much of it can easily become irritating, even to the nicest of chaps. Don't think it would be a mistake on Facebook's part either. Sure, they'll temporarily suspend your account if you say nasty things to another person, or if their ridiculous algorithm inexcusably mistakes some innocuous words for nasty things, but I've never heard of them randomly blocking access to pages.

I've never heard of David restricting access to people who provide respectful criticisms, though you do make a good point about not constantly pestering David if design choices don't go one way or another.

Dinoxels

If you made multiple posts together criticizing it may have come across as harassment.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

suspsy

I think it's important to always keep in mind that BotM is a true labour of love for David. He's doing all this work on top of his regular sculpting job at NECA and right now he's juggling dragons, tyrannosaurs, and ceratopsians. And regardless of how well meaning people may be in their feedback, they all need to accept and respect the fact that David's final decisions are just that, final.

Faelrin

avatar_suspsy @suspsy David is doing this full time now. Don't remember what kickstarter update it was but I asked him if he was still there at NECA when the NECA American Werewolf went on pre-order in November, cause I was curious who sculpted it. Said he was doing this full time now since earlier in the year, or so. I think it is great he can do that now.

Also having Jake, Raul, etc help with sculpting now probably takes a load off too I imagine.

suspsy

Quote from: Faelrin on January 29, 2022, 03:05:55 PM
avatar_suspsy @suspsy David is doing this full time now. Don't remember what kickstarter update it was but I asked him if he was still there at NECA when the NECA American Werewolf went on pre-order in November, cause I was curious who sculpted it. Said he was doing this full time now since earlier in the year, or so. I think it is great he can do that now.

Also having Jake, Raul, etc help with sculpting now probably takes a load off too I imagine.

Is that so? Well then, I'm very glad that BotM has been successful enough for him to now make a full living at it.

Sim

I think David removed my comments and prevented me from interacting further with his Facebook page because of the disagreement we had in the past.  My few comments on the Facebook page were all respectful and simply agreeing with what other people had said.  One of them simply expressed my agreement on wanting to see the larger dromaeosaurids in BotM and hope Deinonychus would get made.

suspsy

David Silva confirmed on Facebook just now that the Utahraptor will have a colour scheme based on the harpy eagle. Biggest of eagles, biggest of dromaeosaurs. A perfect fit!

Faelrin

Glad to see that. I was hoping for either that one (my number 2 choice) or the Philippine Eagle (number 1 choice) and asked him about it on the kickstarter back in November. Gonna look real mean and fierce with that coloration for sure.

CarnotaurusKing

That Utahraptor is a day 1 purchase for me. Sorry if this has been answered before, but will there be a Kickstarter campaign for Cyberzoic and the new BotM models like before, or will they just be released?

suspsy

Quote from: CarnotaurusKing on January 31, 2022, 11:55:29 AM
That Utahraptor is a day 1 purchase for me. Sorry if this has been answered before, but will there be a Kickstarter campaign for Cyberzoic and the new BotM models like before, or will they just be released?

Undoubtedly there'll be a Kickstarter as usual. Creative Beast is successful, but not successful enough to proceed without one.

CarnotaurusKing

Quote from: suspsy on January 31, 2022, 03:00:03 PM
Quote from: CarnotaurusKing on January 31, 2022, 11:55:29 AM

Undoubtedly there'll be a Kickstarter as usual. Creative Beast is successful, but not successful enough to proceed without one.

Thank you. I figured it would, just wanted to make sure.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: