News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva’s Cyberzoic Series

Started by suspsy, September 24, 2021, 04:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: stargatedalek on August 13, 2022, 09:29:25 PM
Quote from: EmperorDinobot on August 13, 2022, 08:45:44 PMThere is something very retro about their aesthetic. Also, if sunlight is free, how do you sell it? I need to read more of the lore.

Sunlight may be free, but solar panels and batteries are not.

You are so right. I sense batteries, especially lithium ones, are going to go up in price soon.

Halichoeres

I've heard a lot of people clamoring for Deinonychus so that should make a lot of people happy!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Sim

Quote from: suspsy on August 12, 2022, 08:43:49 PMI also hope we get Ankylosaurus in the Desert Clan.

I'd like an Ankylosaurus.  But I'm also quite curious about what other ankylosaurids will be made.  Ankylosaurids which aren't Ankylosaurus are rarely made and Safari's Zuul is the only modern one I think.  It would be interesting if something else would be produced.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Sim on August 15, 2022, 06:11:58 PM
Quote from: suspsy on August 12, 2022, 08:43:49 PMI also hope we get Ankylosaurus in the Desert Clan.

I'd like an Ankylosaurus.  But I'm also quite curious about what other ankylosaurids will be made.  Ankylosaurids which aren't Ankylosaurus are rarely made and Safari's Zuul is the only modern one I think.  It would be interesting if something else would be produced.

Yeah, for my part I'd like almost any ankylosaurid other than Ankylosaurus. Scolosaurus or Talarurus would be high on the list.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

Quote from: Sim on August 15, 2022, 06:11:58 PM

You forget the Vitae Jinyunpelta and the PNSO Pinacosaurus. It is always possible that Cyberzoic will include an ankylosaurid other than Ankylosaurus, but give the latter's popularity, I reckon it has the best chance. Cyberzoic's lineup so far has consisted entirely of dinosaurs that are either globally famous A-listers like T. rex, Triceratops, and Stegosaurus, or B-listers that are highly popular with dinosaur enthusiasts like Cryolophosaurus, Utahraptor, and Yutyrannus. The most obscure animal so far is Achillobator.

If there are to be two ankylosaurids (we already have two nodosaurids, after all), then the second one might well be Zuul or Euoplocephalus. They're both known from good fossil remains.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Sim

Oh yes, I forgot the Vitae Jinyunpelta and PNSO Pinacosaurus.  Thanks for reminding me of them.  I'm glad the situation is better for ankylosaurids than I was remembering.  Yes, Ankylosaurus has the best chance at being included.  David said "Families such as Hadrosaurs, Ankylosaurs, Spinosaurs, Sauropods, and many others are expected to be introduced later if the line is successful" which makes me think more than one ankylosaurid is planned.

Eocarcharia

Allo time!

Quote from: Creative Beast StudioToday we have the first look at the color designs for the BotM and Cyberzoic versions of Allosaurus fragilis! Colors were inspired by the green iguana.

There will also be a figure for A. jimmadseni for both lines , but it'll have a different color design.

Edit: and a better look at the Arctic Dragon prototype (painting to begin soon):

Spoiler

[close]

Pliosaurking

I prefer the Botm allosaurus as I like bright colours on dinosaurs, and because you don't see this colour scheme on allosaurus very often

Flaffy

Looks like David based the silouette on A. jimmadseni instead of A. fragilis. People have pointed out this discrepancy on both FB and Twitter, David has responded that they're looking into this (and Jake's sculpt) right away.

Faelrin

Once again I'm not sure which one I'm leaning on. Both look very nice. Very interested in seeing that future A. jimmadseni as well though.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Sim

I prefer the Cyberzoic Allosaurus colour scheme.  It looks original, tough and intimidating.  I've grown tired of green Allosaurus, there's been so many e.g. the Safari 2019, Safari 2008, Carnegie 1996, Schleich 2007, CollectA 2007, CollectA 2020, PNSO 2021, PNSO 2018...

Carnoking

Am I missing something or was PNSO's allosaurus brown? Other than that, I can agree with the sentiment.

suspsy

I think the common iguana is a perfect match for Allosaurus.

Eocarcharia

I like that we're getting multiple color options for the new dinos, but on the other hand, sometimes I can't decide which one I'd rather get. Maybe it will be easier after seeing the finished figures.

New lore drop~

Quote from: Creative Beast StudioLast week for Cyberzoic Friday, we had our first look at the mysterious Desert Clan. And today we delve more into what makes them so important to the storyline.

'On the surface, the Desert Clan appears to be an obsolete group of outsiders known for solar energy farms and as the keepers of the 'Old Earth' historical archives. But their obsession with their home planet has motivated them to find a way to return to it, but not through space travel- by teleportation.

For several generations, the Desert Clan scientists have studied gravitational anomalies on Gaea 2 and, combined with their plethora of solar energy, have unlocked the secrets of this science. Allowing them to temporarily visit Earth to scavenge its remains, they have also modified this technology into a localized means of transport. In the hands of the Technologists, however, this advancement could provide the advantage they need to finally control the entire planet.'

Concept art by Raph Lomotan.

And just a heads-up- I'll be taking a break from social media next week to try and recuperate from all of the activity lately (conventions, fulfillment, etc.) but I'll be back soon. Have a great week everyone!

Sim

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking, you are missing something, the PNSO Allosaurus! :P  The PNSO Allosaurus is green with brown stripes, it can be seen in photos here: http://dinotoyblog.com/2022/06/29/allosaurus-pnso/

On a different note, I'm curious about what the Cyberzoic Nasutoceratops will look like.  I'm not getting the BotM version as I don't like its colouration (sorry David!) and I might find the Cyberzoic version appealing.  I'm also still keen to see the Cyberzoic Styracosaurus!  And I wonder if Chasmosaurus will be in Cyberzoic.

Carnoking

I'll have to look, mine might be a lighter shade.

Sim

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking, I thought you didn't have the PNSO Allosaurus since I didn't see a review of it by you.

Carnoking

Oh man, I'd have to try a lot harder as a YouTuber to keep up with everything in my collection.😅

suspsy

So . . . any thoughts as to the identity of those two theropods in the Desert Clan artwork above?

Pliosaurking

avatar_suspsy @suspsy David said they're alectrosaurus in a comment on Instagram

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: