News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva’s Cyberzoic Series

Started by suspsy, September 24, 2021, 04:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

Quote from: Eatmycar on November 23, 2022, 06:12:52 AMI hope we stay away from obscure and fragmentary animals for Cyberzoic, frankly.

Being obscure and fragmentary don't necessarily go together. There are animals like Therizinosaurus or Spinosaurus that are very famous but are fragmentary, and there are animals like Asfaltovenator or Brachylophosaurus that aren't fragmentary but could be called obscure.

suspsy

New Dilophosaurus images have been added to the OP. This looks like the best rendition of the genus yet!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Carnoking

Sim

It's good to finally see the Cyberzoic Dilophosaurus.  I don't like that hanging skin under the eye and it looks like it has lips on the upper jaw and no lips on the lower jaw?  In any case I prefer the BotM Dilophosaurus and I'm planning to get the BotM version.

David96

I find it weird that we are all talking about it but it hasn't been posted yet.

Although I wasn't sure at first about the partial feathering this one and it's color scheme have revitalized the hype for me. Although tbh I liked it a bit more on the reveal, the skin thingy under the eye doesn't convince me that much.

Sim

Thanks for posting that, D @David96! :)  It looks intimidating in the concept art!  Also, looking at the concept art it appears the Cyberzoic Dilophosaurus doesn't have lips at all.  I guess the angle obscured this detail on the upper jaw in the 3D model.  It's an interesting take on this animal, but I can't imagine sexual dimorphism in Dilophosaurus where one has lips and the other doesn't.

andrewsaurus rex

i think the Dilophosaurus looks amazing.  I'm really excited about this one.  I just noticed there is a Deinonychus planned as well.  Is that a new addition or did i just miss it when i scanned through the list on page one a few weeks ago?  This Cyberzoic series is promising to be the most exciting series yet, which is saying a lot.

suspsy

Quote from: David96 on December 02, 2022, 08:21:19 PMI find it weird that we are all talking about it but it hasn't been posted yet.

It was posted in the OP earlier today. You didn't notice?

Sim

A @andrewsaurus, Deinonychus being in Cyberzoic was revealed a few months ago.  It and the Smilodon were shown in artwork with text confirming their identities, more recently than the initial species list.  You can see the artwork of the Deinonychus on page 20 of this thread in reply #390.

andrewsaurus rex

thanks Sim!  It looks sharp, this series is just getting better and better.

suspsy

Added the Cyberzoic colour design for the Dilophosaurus to the OP.

suspsy

Carnotaurus is being teased on Facebook!

Faelrin

Here it is for folks that want to see it now:

Sculpt by Jake Baardse

I'm absolutely stoked for this one. Carnotaurus is my favorite theropod after Deinonychus and Velociraptor. I'm hoping the 2021 paper will be used here, since this could very well be the first figure to take that reconstruction into account. If I recall correctly the coloration will be based on the Argentine Tegu as well? Definitely looking forward to that.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Carnoking

Concavenator

That looks fantastic. Now if he released it in 1:35...

Faelrin

Just in case, could someone ask David if the below information was used in creating the Allosaurus jimmadseni skin?

I just came across this twitter thread which was very helpful showcasing the different skin impressions we have of this species. I'd like to assume this information was used since Jake worked on the model shown in the thread, and also on the BotM/Cyberzoic models of this animal.

https://twitter.com/ch_hendrickx/status/1493030912761737217

I've also learned that specimen SMA 0005 "Big Al II" was reported to have skin impressions on the tail, in the paper that named A.  jimmadseni, although I haven't turned up any other information about this yet.

Edit: The supplementary info provided alongside the paper mentioned in the twitter link above has even more information about the integument of this particular species of Allosaurus:

QuoteSpecimen: WDC DMQ-A 053 (= UMNH VP C481; cast); SMA 0005; KNHM 11

Position: Scapula, coracoid, ribs (WDC DMQ-A 053); Tibia, base of the tail (SMA 0005); mandible and ventral portion of neck (KNHM 11)

Type: Basement scales, scutate ventral scales

Edit 2: Related to Carnotaurus, I wonder if the final figure will be similar to this digital reconstruction Jake also worked on? It was based on the 2021 paper, so safe to say the figure will be based on its reconstruction, since it is the most up to date depiction we have of its integument. In any case thought I'd share it.

https://phys.org/news/2021-09-scientists-reveal-fossilised-skin-bull-like.html

Edit 3: The Carnotaurus turned out to be so.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

suspsy

Some more Cyberzoic artwork has recently been posted: a battle between Tech Clan Utahraptor and Fire Clan Achillobator. Looks pretty cool.

Eocarcharia

Quote from: Creative Beast StudioToday we delve back into the world of Cyberzoic! What happens when the Tech Clan investigates rumors of the Fire Clan illegally developing AI combat robots? The confirmation is not pretty. Roused from their off-line slumber, the Razorhound Achillobator units become activated and aggressively defend their home against the invading Utahraptor threats. An incident to have major repercussions that could soon lead to war.

Concept art by Raph Lomotan

Also here's another one from a while back that I didn't see posted here:

Quote from: Creative Beast StudioFor today's Cyberzoic Friday reveal, we get a glimpse of the citadel capital of the Technologist Clan and their military:

'Normally known to prefer solo missions, General Qi'Lara teams up with the Tech Knights on a mission to track down a deserter, whose recent actions could potentially set-off an inter-clan war. Along with the knights Argenteus and Styrac, they head out, leading a battalion into the Fire Clan Dark Region to apprehend the fugitive, prepared for any outcome. However, the true conflict will come when Qi' Lara is confronted by the fact that their target is actually her own sister.'

Concept art by Raph Lomotan

suspsy

I really like that three quarter view of the T. rex in full armour. It looks sleek as opposed to overburdened and awkward. I hope the final physical product is like that.

suspsy

Added images of Carnotaurus to the OP. Looks superb!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: