News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna: New for 2022

Started by suspsy, October 13, 2021, 05:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

Glad to see what appears to be another proboscidean from them and another figure (semi) revealed so soon before the release of the Diplodocus.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Bread

Definitely think Eofauna is heading into the right direction. Although I don't collect prehistoric mammals, Eofauna's proboscideans are the best on the market. If I decide to in the future to start collecting mammals, Eofauna's would be first priority.

Side note/question: Has this been confirmed to be released around the same time as the Diplodocus or later in the year of 2022?

Quote from: Duck on November 02, 2021, 02:31:51 PM
Imagine we are all wrong and it turns out to be a Styracosaurus
(To be clear, I don't think it's a Styracosaurus, it's just a thought I had).
Although its most likely not, it would be funny if we were all wrong.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Bread on November 02, 2021, 04:44:35 PM
Definitely think Eofauna is heading into the right direction. Although I don't collect prehistoric mammals, Eofauna's proboscideans are the best on the market. If I decide to in the future to start collecting mammals, Eofauna's would be first priority.

Side note/question: Has this been confirmed to be released around the same time as the Diplodocus or later in the year of 2022?

Quote from: Duck on November 02, 2021, 02:31:51 PM
Imagine we are all wrong and it turns out to be a Styracosaurus
(To be clear, I don't think it's a Styracosaurus, it's just a thought I had).
Although its most likely not, it would be funny if we were all wrong.
I assume both will come out in 2022, but the elephant in the latter half of 2022

EarthboundEiniosaurus

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on November 02, 2021, 04:32:25 PM
Columbian Mammothhhhhhhhhhh

The head seems to have too low a profile to be a columbian, hence why I suggested it might be a gomphothere. The way you've drawn it looks suspiciously like a stegodontid though... I guess we have to wait for some more to be revealed to make more concrete guesses  ;D
"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."
- Someone, somewhere, probably.

suspsy

If it really is an American mastodon or a Columbian mammoth, I'll probably pass. I'm very happy with my Safari mastodon and Eofauna steppe mammoth (which is close enough for me). But if it's a weird-looking proboscidean like Platybelodon or Stegotetrabelodon, then I'm in.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

bmathison1972

Quote from: suspsy on November 02, 2021, 06:17:04 PM
If it really is an American mastodon or a Columbian mammoth, I'll probably pass. I'm very happy with my Safari mastodon and Eofauna steppe mammoth (which is close enough for me). But if it's a weird-looking proboscidean like Platybelodon or Stegotetrabelodon, then I'm in.

I'll probably only get it if it's a new species for me (which the Columbian mammoth would be).

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

The slope of the back leads me to believe it's a mammoth, likely Columbian. It could simply be the angle of the photo. however, and the back might be straighter than the preview makes it seem.
In that case it could be any of a number of probiscideans. I'm hoping for a mastodon of some sort. Safari's was too large in scale for me, so I would be happy even if it was an American Mastodon rather than something more unique like Zygolophodon.

GojiraGuy1954

Columbian mammoth is hairless so i wouldnt say Steppe is a very apt comparison

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) on November 02, 2021, 07:17:34 PM
The slope of the back leads me to believe it's a mammoth, likely Columbian. It could simply be the angle of the photo. however, and the back might be straighter than the preview makes it seem.
In that case it could be any of a number of probiscideans. I'm hoping for a mastodon of some sort. Safari's was too large in scale for me, so I would be happy even if it was an American Mastodon rather than something more unique like Zygolophodon.
Weren't american mastodons hairy?

suspsy

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on November 02, 2021, 07:40:20 PM

Same genus, one is descended from the other. Apt comparison as far as I'm concerned.

Faelrin

I'd really like to see a Columbian Mammoth if not one of those others like Platybelodon, etc. Honestly anything other then the Woolly Mammoth is fair game (though I'm also fully satisfied with my Safari American Mastodon as well), in lack of options out there.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: suspsy on November 02, 2021, 07:46:05 PM

Same genus, one is descended from the other. Apt comparison as far as I'm concerned.
Paleoloxodon antiquus and falconeri are the same genus

suspsy

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on November 02, 2021, 09:39:39 PM
Quote from: suspsy on November 02, 2021, 07:46:05 PM

Paleoloxodon antiquus and falconeri are the same genus

I have zero interest in discussing it any further. Thank you.

Flaffy

Great to see Eofauna tackling proboscideans again after a year's drought.

Would definitely prefer something weird looking like a gomphothere or amebelodont. I'm perfectly satisfied with Doug's fantastic American mastodon, and another mammoth would be a bit of a bore considering extinct proboscidean diversity.

Arctinus

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on November 02, 2021, 04:32:25 PM
Columbian Mammothhhhhhhhhhh
Spoiler
[close]

Hmm, your drawing reminds me of Anancus arvernensis:))

They did kind of say they intended to make one in the future:

GojiraGuy1954

They said the same to me when I asked about Spinosaurus

Renecito

Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Flaffy

YES! It's something "weird"! ;D

Been a while since the last four-tusked proboscidean was made. (CollectA 2018 Gomphotherium I believe?)

Arctinus

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on November 03, 2021, 08:12:20 AM
They said the same to me when I asked about Spinosaurus

And paraceratherium. xD

Quote from: Renecito on November 03, 2021, 09:11:13 AM
Spoiler
[close]

Ooh, a new reveal! A gomphotherium?  ;D Either way, I have two new figures to look forward to from Eofauna.  ^-^

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: