News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu - New for 2022

Started by Bread, October 24, 2021, 03:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lizardbreath

Earlier in the thread people were asking about which figures were polystone.
Just wanted to chime in and say that their sick Triceratops and all the dino busts they made are all polystone.

Carnoking

The risk I took was calculated but man am I bad at math.

need4swede

Sorry to see yours arrived decapitated. Would gluing the neck back on be a viable option in your case?
Whom did you order it from, if I may ask?
- Swede

Carnoking

I've already done what I can to reattach the big piece. Unfortunately, it wasn't a clean break and there are many smaller pieces now missing from the neck. I'll see about finding them amidst all the cotton but I'm sure it's gonna be tough work reattaching those little suckers.

need4swede

Quote from: Carnoking on February 24, 2022, 09:12:58 PM
I've already done what I can to reattach the big piece. Unfortunately, it wasn't a clean break and there are many smaller pieces now missing from the neck. I'll see about finding them amidst all the cotton but I'm sure it's gonna be tough work reattaching those little suckers.

Darn, was hoping it could have been fixed that way. Sorry to hear, bud. The fact that you're not alone in this is an unfortunate reality surrounding this figure.

I honestly have no idea what Nanmu's PR team is thinking; this experience could very much break a lot of ties with the company among avid collectors and newcomers alike - the latter now having adopted a very poor impression of Nanmu as a business, if not solely for its terrible logistical decisions. If this was my first time ordering a Nanmu model, I could also see it being my last - which really doesn't paint their products in an accurate light, since they are head and shoulders above many competitors, at least in my estimation. Why you would jeopardize the integrity of your entire brand over one product is beyond me.

Is there any reconciliation for customers with broken figures - or are you just expected to pound sand and deal with it?
- Swede

Carnoking

They did mention a consolation clear resin copy of the brach to customers who received a broken copy of the rearing versions.
Unfortunately, I have absolutely no use for such a thing, so it's a loss all around.

JohannesB

Quote from: Carnoking on February 24, 2022, 09:27:37 PM
They did mention a consolation clear resin copy of the brach to customers who received a broken copy of the rearing versions.
Unfortunately, I have absolutely no use for such a thing, so it's a loss all around.

I had hoped you would be spared all this >:( Nanmu should offer REFUNDS for those people who got their figure in pieces.

Carnoking

I knew the risks going in, although I was certainly more hopeful after seeing some other folks getting their's in one piece. I guess I'll just have to see what I can do about it and go from there.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Man I'm sorry bud.  If you can glue it get a small amount of Apoxie Sculpt and use it to fill in the detail. you will need to also touch up the paint though.    Looking at everyone's pics the neck seems to always break in pretty much the same spot.  looking at mine I can almost see a seam there, like it was a separate part they attached?   Nanmu can't do a refund as they weren't paid the full price for it, You would have seek one from the dealer or from the postal service that shipped it. Now if Nanmu sold a faulty product then that would be up to the retailers to try and get back from them.

I haven't heard anything about the holographic/clear Brachio in awhile so I'm not sure if it's still coming or not.  Lana hasn't yet listed the male paint version of the walking one.

Shonisaurus

I'm sorry you received it in such a sorry state. No chance of getting your money back by providing photos of your broken brachiosaurus? It is a task that it has come to you in such an unfortunate situation.

ceratopsian

I can't believe that refunds aren't being offered, given that it is not an isolated incident.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: ceratopsian on February 25, 2022, 08:25:18 AM
I can't believe that refunds aren't being offered, given that it is not an isolated incident.

You would have to ask the retailer, not Nanmu, they sold to a dealer/retailer for less than you paid. The retailer would have to seek compensation from Nanmu or a shipping company.

ceratopsian

Indeed. I was assuming that people had bought direct from Nanmu, as one can for PNSO. If purchased through a retailer, it is the retailer who should be making it good.

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 25, 2022, 04:26:18 PM
Quote from: ceratopsian on February 25, 2022, 08:25:18 AM

You would have to ask the retailer, not Nanmu, they sold to a dealer/retailer for less than you paid. The retailer would have to seek compensation from Nanmu or a shipping company.

Over9K

Looks like we might be getting two new Spinosaurus offerings. Nanmu posted this message on Facebook, with the following 4 images...

"Keep a happy and positive mood on weekdays!
The preparations for Spinosaurus are going well!"

Perhaps the '1-PVC-1-Polystone' is now a continuing thing. If I had to guess, based on the fact that the polystone Brachiosaurus recreates a movie scene, the white colored Spinosaurus render, which recreates the pose of the Spinosaurus staring at Alan/Eric in the paddock in JPIII, would be the polystone offering.

EDIT: Did a quick comparison shot with a screenshot from JPIII of the scene. Matches up nicely, they really nailed that moment.

Carnoking

Hopefully they package this one a little better ::)

Over9K

Mordred colorways revealed...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Mordred must appeal to a select group, Monster Hunter/Jurassic fans?  I'm trying to see the Ultimasaurus inspiration but its all so buried under draconic aspects. I thought color would help but all i see is an earth-dragon concept, right up there with Mcfarlane's line.

SenSx

Yes I would have prefered a dragon, hope they will make one later eventually.

Also it does not seem to have an articulated jaw, did Nanmu give up in making them ?
Their latest products seem to have got rid of them, Baryonyx, Mordred, and Spinosaurus...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SenSx on March 08, 2022, 03:46:57 PM

Also it does not seem to have an articulated jaw, did Nanmu give up in making them ?
Their latest products seem to have got rid of them, Baryonyx, Mordred, and Spinosaurus...

If they can ignore licensing then they can do a whole slew of pop-culture dragons. I can name ten right off the bat I would buy.

It's possible, they did stick and were hard to open, then one opened, were hard to close.  I actually display pretty much all of my Nanmu pieces with the mouth open anyway.

SenSx

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 08, 2022, 05:28:52 PM
Quote from: SenSx on March 08, 2022, 03:46:57 PM

If they can ignore licensing then they can do a whole slew of pop-culture dragons. I can name ten right off the bat I would buy.

It's possible, they did stick and were hard to open, then one opened, were hard to close.  I actually display pretty much all of my Nanmu pieces with the mouth open anyway.

Yes it's true Nanmu's articulated jaws were not very good, depending of the model.
My Spinosaurus barely opens its mouth, and my Giganotosaurus is either fully closed or open, my Rexes are fine though.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: