News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu - New for 2022

Started by Bread, October 24, 2021, 03:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GojiraGuy1954

I really love Mordred as an Ultimasaurus but I think they should have gone for the original colour scheme
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

suspsy

I really don't see the point if they're not going to use the Ultimasaurus' colour scheme. The plates and horns also look more like generic Kaiju bits than dinosaur ones.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: suspsy on March 09, 2022, 12:04:48 PM
I really don't see the point if they're not going to use the Ultimasaurus' colour scheme. The plates and horns also look more like generic Kaiju bits than dinosaur ones.

Exactly. they deviated so much from the original. you cant even tell the head is a tyrannosaur...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Sturisoma on March 12, 2022, 02:14:43 PM
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=618184759602985&id=100042343996901

What could it be hmmmm  ???

My top bet is a new larger Indominus Rex.  I can't see us getting another tyrannosaur so soon. Unless as some said it's just an alternate base for the OaFK.  The Spino skeleton looks like the one from JW and I think there is an amber chunk in the middle from the decor wreckage. 

LBDINO

I was on the verge on pre ordering the w dragon rexy, but now i want to see what nanmu has up there sleeve. They have the lost world buck and a t rex but are yet to do a original jp t rexy

SenSx

Yet another T-Rex so  seems unrealstic to me, unless they are doing a resin version, like they do with the new Spinosaurus.
It seems a bit too soon for a JWD Giganotosaurus, they probably prefer to wait for the movie to come out.
So I guess it's a new Indominus Rex as well.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: LBDINO on March 12, 2022, 04:55:59 PM
I was on the verge on pre ordering the w dragon rexy, but now i want to see what nanmu has up there sleeve. They have the lost world buck and a t rex but are yet to do a original jp t rexy

the first rex they made was supposed to be the original jp rex.

Over9K

It's the base for the 'Dragon Soul' (polyresin) Tyrannosaurus rex.

Edit: The above is my speculation.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Over9K on March 12, 2022, 11:42:10 PM

I must have must have missed that somewhere. So it's resin version of the OaFK ?

Over9K

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 13, 2022, 02:15:01 AM

I must have must have missed that somewhere. So it's resin version of the OaFK ?

I was speculating, I have no concrete info, I should have been clearer, I'll edit that post accordingly. My bad!

I base my speculation on the fact that the base for the Dragon Soul Spinosaurus features the skull and debris of a T.rex. I went back through Nanmu's Facebook posts on the subject and noted that they had confirmed that the DS Spino would indeed be the one recreating the pose from the film. Looking at the base for that figure, I felt this base featuring the Spinosaurus skull and spine must be for a forthcoming Dragon Soul Tyrannosaurus.

Also, I'm not sure *which* rex they'd be modeling. If they're making a matched JPIII set, then that T.rex would need to be smaller than OaFT, since it was a juvenile, and OaFT models the TLW adult buck.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Over9K on March 13, 2022, 05:53:19 AM

I was speculating, I have no concrete info, I should have been clearer, I'll edit that post accordingly. My bad!

I base my speculation on the fact that the base for the Dragon Soul Spinosaurus features the skull and debris of a T.rex. I went back through Nanmu's Facebook posts on the subject and noted that they had confirmed that the DS Spino would indeed be the one recreating the pose from the film. Looking at the base for that figure, I felt this base featuring the Spinosaurus skull and spine must be for a forthcoming Dragon Soul Tyrannosaurus.

Also, I'm not sure *which* rex they'd be modeling. If they're making a matched JPIII set, then that T.rex would need to be smaller than OaFT, since it was a juvenile, and OaFT models the TLW adult buck.

Ah understood.   I figured it was for a new bigger Indominus in the vein of the OaFK and Spinosaurus which looks to be a bigger piece than the older one.  The Spino skeleton on the base looks like the one that was destroyed in JW.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 13, 2022, 06:40:38 AM
Quote from: Over9K on March 13, 2022, 05:53:19 AM

Ah understood.   I figured it was for a new bigger Indominus in the vein of the OaFK and Spinosaurus which looks to be a bigger piece than the older one.  The Spino skeleton on the base looks like the one that was destroyed in JW.

JP3 rex was always meant to be a grown adult
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Over9K

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on March 13, 2022, 07:55:54 PMJP3 rex was always meant to be a grown adult

I've always understood that the ease with which the Spinosaurus dispatches the rex in III was due to the rex's  youth and smaller size. Look up the comparative sizes and JPIII is always listed as a smaller rex, 37 feet for the JPIII rex and between 40 and 44 feet for Rexy depending on which 'official' source you use.

Sturisoma

So we just got our brachiosaurs here in the Philippines, even before the baryonyx! Seems that even though we always receive our figures late, I thought there would be additional cotton/filling as Nanmu's stop gap remedy. However, mine had no additional filling. I just observed that it arrived in an outer carton box, and the white box itself is thicker compared to regular Nanmu boxes. I honestly panicked as I thought having no additional filling/cotton would mean a damaged figure. Thankfully, it arrived in 1 piece. Also saw 3 other local collectors who received theirs intact. Seems that for this release, it is really a test of luck.

Thankfully got this absolutely amazing figure in 1 piece.

Here is the moment I removed the upper foam. No additional filling/cotton for support.

Carnoking

Wow, that really was lucky. Mine had the cotton and still showed up broken.  ::)
Glad to see fellow collectors getting their's in one piece but every time I see one show up in tact for someone else, I can't help but grow more and more bitter towards my own!

dragon53

New Nanmu photos.

Sturisoma

From Nanmu:

Hello, fans and friends.
Recently, we have listened carefully to some feedback and suggestions, and we will adjust the Mordred sales plan.
1. The fence will be sold as a separate product, not as a bundling scheme for Mordred.
2. Mordred's Devil's Horn, like Triceratops, will only exist in the first production sequence as a first-time special.
3. The orbital platform will be sold as a Deluxe version, and the standard version will be more affordable.
More pictures will be released during the pre-sale, please look forward to it.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Sturisoma on March 25, 2022, 12:17:11 AM
From Nanmu:

Hello, fans and friends.
Recently, we have listened carefully to some feedback and suggestions, and we will adjust the Mordred sales plan.
1. The fence will be sold as a separate product, not as a bundling scheme for Mordred.
2. Mordred's Devil's Horn, like Triceratops, will only exist in the first production sequence as a first-time special.
3. The orbital platform will be sold as a Deluxe version, and the standard version will be more affordable.
More pictures will be released during the pre-sale, please look forward to it.

The fence separately is a no brainer, they'll sell a lot of it for dio builders.
I don't know which is the devils horns..I guess the dragon ones?
orbital platform? The base I've seen with the track? Easy pass there. 

need4swede

Me, with my Nanmu JP Rex:

Spoiler
[close]

Throw a Ford Explorer in there from Mattel and you basically have a smaller scale version of the Prime 1 diorama! :D
- Swede

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: