News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu - New for 2022

Started by Bread, October 24, 2021, 03:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blnadal

本心楠改工作室 Nanmu studio
27 min  ·
We are about to launch Carnotaurus version 2.0.

Flaffy

Quote from: blnadal on April 01, 2022, 01:55:41 AM
本心楠改工作室 Nanmu studio
27 min  ·
We are about to launch Carnotaurus version 2.0.

Checks today's date  :'(

GiganotosaurusFan

make it with a larger head and a thicker neck
Today is March 31st. It is April fools in China, so maybe...Oh well.
Any Giganotosauruses are friends. Any other carnivores are...I think I'll run now.

Carnoking

Oh wouldn't it be nice. Then again, it'd probably be resin, cost a hundred bucks and arrive with a broken off tail ::)

SenSx

I know it's April fools day and they made an Indominus joke last year like that... BUT since the previous one is discontinued, this is not out of the world of possibilities.
I like mine, but it's the only Nanmu figure that does not stand on its own, maybe the reason they stopped producing it.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on April 01, 2022, 09:19:54 AM
Oh wouldn't it be nice. Then again, it'd probably be resin, cost a hundred bucks and arrive with a broken off tail ::)

lol I find it funny they did one piece like that now they are branded..

Carnoking

Love Nanmu's work, really do, but every announcement they make since the brach leaves one heck of a bitter aftertaste in my mouth.

To their credit, they've done other resin figures with much fewer issues (at least in so far as I've seen) but of course it's their most expensive and limited release that has the lowest chance of showing up in one piece. Hopefully they learned from the mess for their upcoming Parasaurolophus Corpse and Spinosaurus re-release.

Flaffy

Quote from: Carnoking on April 01, 2022, 03:53:57 PM
Love Nanmu's work, really do, but every announcement they make since the brach leaves one heck of a bitter aftertaste in my mouth.

To their credit, they've done other resin figures with much fewer issues (at least in so far as I've seen) but of course it's their most expensive and limited release that has the lowest chance of showing up in one piece. Hopefully they learned from the mess for their upcoming Parasaurolophus Corpse and Spinosaurus re-release.

I have similar sentiments. You'd think Nanmu would've foresaw this since it's a massive figure with fragile extremities susceptible to breakage. I'm still on the camp that it should've just been a sort of "deluxe" PVC release, rather than a resin one.

need4swede

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 01, 2022, 03:29:07 PM
Quote from: Carnoking on April 01, 2022, 09:19:54 AM

lol I find it funny they did one piece like that now they are branded..

And rightfully so. Consumer trust needs to recover after such a blatant disregard from the studio. Had Nanmu taken measures to demonstrate their commitment towards their customer support, instead of relying on retailers to sort out their mess and offering little good faith for their consumer base in return, we wouldn't be having this conversation - instead we would be praising Nanmu for their outstanding PR decisions.

The most expensive figure in a lot of people's collection, including my own, is now tainted as 'that time Nanmu screwed up the packaging and left customers pounding sand', instead of representing the outstanding piece of craftsmanship that it undoubtedly is. This is an executive decision that ended up throwing their own artists under the bus - and as someone who loves Nanmu's artistry, the excecutive element (ie, the company) has to reconcile this PR disaster by demonstrating that it's not a mistake they intend on repeating. Until that happens, they deserve the criticism coming their way.
- Swede

Over9K

So Ranger 2.0 turns out to be more than an April Fools prank!

Per Nanmu's Facebook earlier today...

QuoteCarnotaurus will present to our fans with a new attitude and details.
It's the RANGER.2.0 version.
Please follow us for more details.

GiganotosaurusFan

again, neck should be thicker? Maybe my eyes problem
Any Giganotosauruses are friends. Any other carnivores are...I think I'll run now.

dragon53

blnadl:

Since Nanmu was asking for suggestions for future releases, I would like to suggest that Nanmu release an Acrocanthosaurus and a Siats Meekerorum.

SenSx

I'm still waiting for the definitive Acrocanthosaurus figure, but I have more hope with PNSO for that.
I'm afraid Nanmu would make it too big, as they tend to make their figure, and even more than before, and I'm not even talking about the accuracy issues...
Which could be fine as they are not making accurate figures, that is just not what they aim for.
That's why I asked them a Dragon instead, Mordread feels like warm up for such a project.

They could make bigger JP raptors too, with their trend to create resin statues, I'm still waiting for  a 1/10 JW tiger Velociraptor to fit with my Iron Studio collection.

Contrary to my previous suggestions, I still mentionned the Suchomimus, as I'm a bit desperate to finally see it being made by someone...

Curious about the Carnotaurus, I just hope they won't make it grow to much compare to the older model...

dragon53

SENSX:

I have the Rebor Acrocanthosaurus and the two Papo versions. I'm not totally happy with any of them. The Rebor's detail is pretty rough, the Papo Rainbow version is too garish and the over-dramatic pose detracts from the dinosaur itself.
I would like a Nanmu Acrocanthosaurus and a Siats because, at one time, the only complete Acrocanthosaurus skeleton was in the Raleigh, North Carolina museum and the paleontologists who discovered Siats were with my alma mater in Raleigh. If I'm not mistaken, I think one of the paleontologists has since become head of the museum in Raleigh.

The only Siats model I know of is the Mattel version which is really a child's toy. So I'm hoping Nanmu will fill the void for both dinosaurs.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Lana has the Parasaurolphus in stock now. 

Carnoking

That was quick. Didn't think it would be available till May, and even then I was expecting more delays. Good to know!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on April 09, 2022, 05:33:17 PM
That was quick. Didn't think it would be available till May, and even then I was expecting more delays. Good to know!

Yeah I kept hearing delays too, odd but it seems to be working out.  Received an email from lana confirming my shipping details earlier too.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: dragon53 on April 07, 2022, 12:12:31 AM
SENSX:

I have the Rebor Acrocanthosaurus and the two Papo versions. I'm not totally happy with any of them. The Rebor's detail is pretty rough, the Papo Rainbow version is too garish and the over-dramatic pose detracts from the dinosaur itself.
I would like a Nanmu Acrocanthosaurus and a Siats because, at one time, the only complete Acrocanthosaurus skeleton was in the Raleigh, North Carolina museum and the paleontologists who discovered Siats were with my alma mater in Raleigh. If I'm not mistaken, I think one of the paleontologists has since become head of the museum in Raleigh.

The only Siats model I know of is the Mattel version which is really a child's toy. So I'm hoping Nanmu will fill the void for both dinosaurs.
I have the same Acros that you do.  I honestly like the Rebor one best, even with the excessive scales as I feel it's closer to the fossils found.  The Papo, pose aside, has a skull that seems a little overly long, arms that are definitively too big and one of which is extended far beyond what Acrocanthosaurus can bend its elbow, and the spine is just barely thicker than a sail.  The BEST Acro I own is the Safari Ltd one, and that one is let down by its size and how big the feet are for its proportions.  I'm hoping PNSO or someone does a really good Acrocanthosaurus soon.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

dragon53

SHADOWKNIGHT1:

Wasn't Eofauna supposed to release an Acrocanthosaurus---or was it just speculation?

Concavenator

D @dragon53 You are confusing Eofauna and PNSO there. It's PNSO who will be releasing an Acrocanthosaurus (this is pretty much confirmed, go to the PNSO 2021 thread, reply 3255). Eofauna will be releasing a Sue-based Tyrannosaurus, no Acro from them that we know of (and hopefully they won't get to it, since PNSO's version will surely be very good already).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: