News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu - New for 2022

Started by Bread, October 24, 2021, 03:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon53

CONCAVENATOR:

Thanks for clearing that up---I thought I saw someone was planning on a new Acrocanthosaurus.

Over9K

Lana Time had some new photos of Spinosaurus 2.0 on FB...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Over9K on April 16, 2022, 10:58:45 AM
Lana Time had some new photos of Spinosaurus 2.0 on FB...

Comparing it to the Prime 1 as they should roughly the same scale and both based on the animatronic, I think in Nanmu's case anyway.

They are almost in the exact same pose which helps a lot to compare. Head sculpt looks great, the neck is a bit thin lacking all that flesh in the throat area. Arms are well done and seem the right size. Past that things get a little weird for what I'm seeing. The back bone doesn't quite rise enough to the hips making it seem slimmer in that area? It doesn't help that the sheer volume of fleshy hips others have isn't there either like it was narrowed down but kept the thick muscled calves and ankles? The tail has a lot of meat there at the base but it's kind of odd looking after those hips?   Maybe paint will hide all this but I'm not convinced I need this one yet after ordering the WDragon and Prime1 similar scaled versions.

Darko2300

Does anyone think we'll see an updated Giganotosaurus to better match the JP Dominion one? I passed on the first release, and wouldn't ya know it, now I'm kicking myself. I saw the Prime 1 announcement, but knowing the prices on those things, it's probably better that I put that version out of my head right now.  :))

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Darko2300 on April 25, 2022, 02:17:35 PM
Does anyone think we'll see an updated Giganotosaurus to better match the JP Dominion one? I passed on the first release, and wouldn't ya know it, now I'm kicking myself. I saw the Prime 1 announcement, but knowing the prices on those things, it's probably better that I put that version out of my head right now.  :))

Its possible.  The P1 will probably only be a 100.00 or so as its just 1:35.  WDragon will probably have one too

Darko2300

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 25, 2022, 03:55:06 PM

Its possible.  The P1 will probably only be a 100.00 or so as its just 1:35.  WDragon will probably have one too

Well, that's encouraging. (Especially the Prime 1. I was thinking they'd just make one of their high-end 1/15th scale ones...)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Darko2300 on April 25, 2022, 04:50:55 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 25, 2022, 03:55:06 PM

Well, that's encouraging. (Especially the Prime 1. I was thinking they'd just make one of their high-end 1/15th scale ones...)

I'm sure that's coming too. I actually hope so, i want it to scale with my Spino and Indominus maquettes.

sage2k

I was expecting to not be happy about the scale and the comparatively simplistic looking paint job, but it's  honestly growing on me.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: sage2k on April 26, 2022, 11:44:01 PM
I was expecting to not be happy about the scale and the comparatively simplistic looking paint job, but it's  honestly growing on me.

Very nice, mine is enroute just gotta figure where to put it..

Faelrin

Could the op possibly be updated with everything released and/or upcoming for this year? Trying to get myself up to speed on everything for this year (and maybe 2021's releases again) without having to read through the whole thread (though I did skim a bit), so I can get the DinoToyCollector site updated with the new releases. Or if someone wants to just hit me up with a list of things and/or pics please feel free. This is what I have so far based on the pre-orders/releases on Dan's Dinosaurs and BBTS, and the bit I've managed to skim from this thread so far:

2022? Brachiosaurus (Watchmen/JPIII color/Jungle)
2022? Brachiosaurus (Walking, grey)
2022? Brachiosaurus (Walking, brown)
2022? Brachiosaurus (Standing)
2022? Ultimasaurus (Mordred green)
2022? Ultimasaurus (Mordred red)
2022? JP Fence
2022 Parasaurolophus corpse (Nutcracker Soldier)
2022 Parasaurolophus (Alternate Color/green Nutcracker Soldier)
2022 Parasaurolophus (Nutcracker Soldier)
2021? Baryonyx (Calypso w/ base)
2021? Baryonyx (Calypso)
2021? Baryonyx (Santiago w/ base)
2021? Baryonyx (Santiago)
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Carnoking

Quote from: sage2k on April 26, 2022, 11:44:01 PM

I didn't realize just how huge this thing was until I saw it alongside their Buck Rex. It's enormous!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Faelrin on April 27, 2022, 12:07:06 AM
Could the op possibly be updated with everything released and/or upcoming for this year? Trying to get myself up to speed on everything for this year (and maybe 2021's releases again) without having to read through the whole thread (though I did skim a bit), so I can get the DinoToyCollector site updated with the new releases. Or if someone wants to just hit me up with a list of things and/or pics please feel free. This is what I have so far based on the pre-orders/releases on Dan's Dinosaurs and BBTS, and the bit I've managed to skim from this thread so far:

2022? JP Fence
2021? Baryonyx (Calypso)

new spinosaurus is coming too.  not sure after that, they teased a pterosaur was planned

SenSx

I thought they also teased a resin T-rex (with a spino skull base ?).
New Carno is planned (but they will probably make it oversized compare to the first one and the Baryonyx).
We can expect a JW Giganotosaurus and Quetzalcoatlus, maybe more from the movie, we have to w&n.

Over9K

Quote from: SenSx on April 27, 2022, 10:51:29 AM
I thought they also teased a resin T-rex (with a spino skull base ?).
New Carno is planned (but they will probably make it oversized compare to the first one and the Baryonyx).
We can expect a JW Giganotosaurus and Quetzalcoatlus, maybe more from the movie, we have to w&n.

I believe all we've seen of any potential resin T.rex is that Spino/skull base. No tease of a figure to go on it yet.

I am under the impression that Ranger 2.0, the new Carnotaurus, is intended to be a JW:FK-style Carnotaurus, so yeah, bulkier and more awesomebroier than Ranger 1.0.

Sturisoma

Quote from: Faelrin on April 27, 2022, 12:07:06 AM

2022? JP Fence
2021? Baryonyx (Calypso)

Also the green holographic brachiosaurus for all who ordered the standing version, and the Macaron series of nutcracker soldier in myriad colors. The macarons were sadly not available for PO in my country  :'(

Sturisoma

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=650488879705906&set=a.423408922413904

I guess it's safe to assume Ranger 2.0 is no longer an extended April fools joke   :))

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Sturisoma on April 29, 2022, 06:27:27 AM

I guess it's safe to assume Ranger 2.0 is no longer an extended April fools joke   :))

If he has that much detail I would also assume he will be closer to TRex sized.

Over9K

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 29, 2022, 07:06:40 AM

I *think* they're doing a JW:FK-style Carnotaurus.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Over9K on April 30, 2022, 01:26:01 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 29, 2022, 07:06:40 AM

I *think* they're doing a JW:FK-style Carnotaurus.

Right but they've started a trend making all of these new 2.0 versions larger as stand alone, non scaled statues.

blnadal

We have brought you the rendering of Ranger 2.0 today. I hope you like it.
And sold in the form of standard edition and DX edition. For more details, please stay with us.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: