News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu - New for 2022

Started by Bread, October 24, 2021, 03:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnoking

It's stuff like this that makes me wish they had just stuck with hollow vinyl

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on January 08, 2022, 03:19:41 PM
It's stuff like this that makes me wish they had just stuck with hollow vinyl

Then you get uneducated people blasting your posts saying you make them cheap and from PVC pipe..  ::)  I actually am good with a nice thick vinyl piece. X-Plus has been doing it forever with very little issues. 

I'm sure this is why Lana would only ship DHL for it.  There were issues with another resin piece before..the Ankylosaurus or maybe the sick Triceratops?    Lana usually ships in a bubble mailer with the boxes inside for the normal figures.  This one I expect more. 

JohannesB

I just purchased the W-Dragon Giraffatitan, and I am already worried about that figure getting damaged during shipping. The fact that these Nanmu Brachiosaurs are resin has certainly made me decide not to buy any. I do hope that all of the Brachiosaurs of you who order it arrive undamaged!

And indeed, (hollow) vinyl would be a more sensible choice for figures like this, I think.

Psittacoraptor

The packaging is really bad, there's not enough padding and it looks really loose.

avatar_JohannesB @JohannesB I wouldn't worry, that figure is PVC and very well protected in the box.

Carnoking

While we're on the subject of Nanmu concerns, I really hope their Parasaurolophus figures can stand on that base. The reason I bring it up is because the Nanmu Baryonyx is in a very similar position (perhaps even less leaned forward), and even though I've only had mine for a couple of days I cannot get it to stay standing on either base. The hot water reset did nothing, poster tack didn't work, and now I'm left to prop it up with a spare PNSO rod I had lying around. The peg is way too short in the base to keep the figure from tilting forward and coming loose from its perch. I sincerely hope Nanmu have installed a larger peg for use on these paras, or have simply attached the base to the foot, because this really is annoying to deal with.

Shonisaurus

Honestly, these are the risks of buying resin figures from an online store. I remember when I bought the resin dinosaurs from dinostoreus / Favorite in the Natural Sciences Museum Store, they came from Japan, many of the figures were broken (shipping problems from a nation so far away) and they had to find me figures that were not damaged. I believe that Nanmu baryonyx and brachisaurus have these risks when having resin pieces, but I trust that Nanmu and the Chinese stores will take note and ensure that this does not happen, but without a doubt the breakage of resin figures from online stores many times It is inevitable, they are the risks involved in buying resin figures, they have to be very well packaged and even then some, as I have already mentioned, will suffer damage.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on January 08, 2022, 05:58:42 PM
While we're on the subject of Nanmu concerns, I really hope their Parasaurolophus figures can stand on that base. The reason I bring it up is because the Nanmu Baryonyx is in a very similar position (perhaps even less leaned forward), and even though I've only had mine for a couple of days I cannot get it to stay standing on either base. The hot water reset did nothing, poster tack didn't work, and now I'm left to prop it up with a spare PNSO rod I had lying around. The peg is way too short in the base to keep the figure from tilting forward and coming loose from its perch. I sincerely hope Nanmu have installed a larger peg for use on these paras, or have simply attached the base to the foot, because this really is annoying to deal with.

You mean the peg on single standing version or the larger base with eggs?

Carnoking

Both pegs are roughly the same length so it really doesn't work on either. That, and unless the foot is oriented in specific ways on the individual base, it's so front heavy that it'll just pull the base right over. Bad situation all around with this standing Bary.

Bread

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking thank you for the info on the Baryonyx. I'll wait to purchase the running Parasaurolophus just in case it has the same issue.

Me personally, the Parasaurolophus corpse and standard grey Brachiosaurus are my only interest. Hopefully the corpse won't have damage control issues as it is resin.

stoneage

Quote from: JohannesB on January 08, 2022, 03:52:26 PM
I just purchased the W-Dragon Giraffatitan, and I am already worried about that figure getting damaged during shipping. The fact that these Nanmu Brachiosaurs are resin has certainly made me decide not to buy any. I do hope that all of the Brachiosaurs of you who order it arrive undamaged!

And indeed, (hollow) vinyl would be a more sensible choice for figures like this, I think.

My W-Dragon Giraffatitan came in a box with Styrofoam.  They cut it out for the figure and I don't think it would break unless it took a hell of a hit.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on January 08, 2022, 08:21:20 PM
Both pegs are roughly the same length so it really doesn't work on either. That, and unless the foot is oriented in specific ways on the individual base, it's so front heavy that it'll just pull the base right over. Bad situation all around with this standing Bary.

I've only displayed mine on the smaller standing base. So far it's still up and standing. You could remove the peg and replace it with a longer one. It's possible they inserted it too far in the base as well.   When it comes to placement you just have to find a "sweet spot" where balances correctly.

Ivántirrophus

Does anyone know if nanmu carnotaurus is retired? I can't find the red version in any website
:(

Blade-of-the-Moon

Abobo

Flaffy

Looks a lot better than I had anticipated. Really does capture the essence of the original JP Brachiosaurus look.
Glad that they changed the nails from glossy black to a more subtle shade.

Bread

Really glad they are continuing the 1/35 scale minifigures! I was worried they were slowly parting ways with these.

Also, most importantly, the Brachiosaurus looks great. It will be my first purchase for 2022.

Vegeta365

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 28, 2021, 04:18:28 AM
They need to bust the scale wall they have placed themselves in.  JP Gallimimus, Dilophosaurus, Compy pack , Pachycephalosaurus, Velociraptor , Baby Raptor in 1:1 , ect.. in larger sizes could be done.

Other JP/JW pieces, Pteranodon, Corythosaurus, Mamenchisaurus, Nasutoceratops..probably a JW Giganotosaurus by this time next year. Other folks are already making their figures, puppets, ect of him.   The film will have even more to do and so will Camp Cretaceous if they decode to use it.

Other creatures I'd like to see,  Smaug from The Hobbit,  Retro dinosaurs of several kinds, Terror Dog from Ghostbusters, a Gremlin, mammoth, a Killer Klown from Outer Space, werewolf, lots of horror things..

Personally, I don't want them to 'bust the scale wall'. One of the best things about Nanmu, other than the quality of the sculpts overall (in my opinion) is that they are all scaled well to eachother compared to all of the other companies out there making Dino collectibles/toys. I am ok for them to do other scales, but not at the expense of expanding the 1:32 scale collection they have established. I know painting small raptors, galimimus, Dilophosaurus is not as good, but it is possible for them to improve the painting that they did on the original raptor squad. I don't think my raptor squad is that bad. The teeth aren't good as is always pointed out, and they hold improve them with not much additional time spent. But having Gali's, Dilophosaurus, pteranodons etc in this scale, allows a collector to set up believable set ups that look beautiful.

I collect these with my Dino obsessed son and he spends so much time arranging them on a 4ft board. So much so, that I need to get round to making a proper base for the board, bushes, watering hole etc, to fully immerse the setup beyond what he currently does.

If Nanmu, looks here for feedback, please, do not stop making all your dinos to the same scale. It is one of the reasons I am sure so many people buy your dinos. Look at better painting methods for dinos the size of your raptor squad. You could easily make a set of 4 Dilophosaurus, 4 normal raptors, 4 gallimimus something like that. And on one of the future bases, having a couple compies standing on the base is how to fit them in.

It can be done well, with the right ambition and I'm looking forward to seeing what is coming next...

Halichoeres

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 27, 2021, 04:37:24 AM
I think we have a good enough option with scientific accuracy in PNSO that Nanmu can do pop culture pieces instead.  I just need them to expand a bit more past Jurassic Park/World.  They are very similar to Rebor . I think I've bought about as much Nanmu as I have Rebor maybe moreso? 

I'm actually quite happy where we are currently in terms of what's out there to collect.  If your newer to the hobby then take an interest in all that's came before, there is a lot that deserves appreciation.

Interesting perspective. From my perspective it feels like there are way too many companies making movie beasts, and very few making natural or scientific ones, especially in proportion to the volume of potential fodder for each. I mean, there are what, maybe a dozen dinosaur movies worth remembering?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Bread

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 12, 2022, 02:58:26 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 27, 2021, 04:37:24 AM
I think we have a good enough option with scientific accuracy in PNSO that Nanmu can do pop culture pieces instead.  I just need them to expand a bit more past Jurassic Park/World.  They are very similar to Rebor . I think I've bought about as much Nanmu as I have Rebor maybe moreso? 

I'm actually quite happy where we are currently in terms of what's out there to collect.  If your newer to the hobby then take an interest in all that's came before, there is a lot that deserves appreciation.

Interesting perspective. From my perspective it feels like there are way too many companies making movie beasts, and very few making natural or scientific ones, especially in proportion to the volume of potential fodder for each. I mean, there are what, maybe a dozen dinosaur movies worth remembering?
I completely agree with avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon
I think when it comes to Nanmu, they produce amazing high quality for an affordable price, which is hard to come by for movie monsters. Sure there are plenty of movie monsters being produced by mutliple companies, but there is not one solid company that produces high quality products for an affordable price. Especially now with Wdragon moving up in price and model size, there really is only Nanmu with no competition.

Carnoking

When I compiled the list of prehistoric releases from 2021, I found the ratio between scientific and pop culture models to be quite stilted with scientific models once again reining supreme (if you remove Mattel's movie toys from the equation). This is in large part thanks to PNSO's continual onslaught but either way, it would seem the pendulum has swung back to favor more scientific releases.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: