News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA: New for 2022

Started by suspsy, November 04, 2021, 07:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thialfi

I really love these reveals by Everything Dinosaur, it has me all giddy and excited over the last couple of Thursdays.

suspsy

Quote from: Thialfi on November 18, 2021, 05:54:49 PM
I really love these reveals by Everything Dinosaur, it has me all giddy and excited over the last couple of Thursdays.

Yes, it is always a wonderful and unique feeling to gaze upon an image of an upcoming toy for the very first time.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Mattyonyx on November 18, 2021, 04:44:59 PM
We just got informed by Everything Dinosaur that there will be another reveal on November 26, which could mean that the two leaked dinosaurs on the list shouldn't be the last ones, or maybe the new update will feature only one of them, with the next one to be shared by the end of the month.

That's good news, even if it's just the triceratops and edmontosaurus spacing the reveals over two days will add much more excitement and suspense among those of us who are collectors, but I think there will be some more surprises I have high hopes for.

Flaffy

Edmontosaurus regalis it seems.

"The new CollectA Deluxe 1:40 scale Edmontosaurus measures an impressive 34 cm in length and the figure stands some 12.5 cm high at the hips."
So a 13.6 meter long individual according to these numbers.

ED Blogpost: https://blog.everythingdinosaur.co.uk/blog/_archives/2021/11/19/new-collecta-models-for-2022-part-3.html

Thialfi

I really love the movement in this model. Looks great.

SidB

Faelrin

I like the sculpt, though shame it's another E. regalis. I'm also not a fan of those green splotches on it. I feel like they take away from an otherwise really nice coloration (although it bares mentioning it is also pretty similar to the Safari Ltd one that came before it). I hope it looks better in hand pics and/or videos though.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

suspsy

Those green hands and feet are a bit odd-looking, but I'm loving those hooves! Guess it's inevitable that every future Edmontosaurus toy will feature a comb from now on.

So that just leaves Triceratops for the final reveal next week.

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Bread

I love it! My only nitpick is it looks on the skinnier side based on the photo, but that could be the angle. This is probably my most anticipated figure so far for their 2022 lineup. Unexpected and welcomed very much!

I noticed that CollectA sure do love this reddish brown color on some of their 2022 figures.

Flaffy

Quote from: suspsy on November 19, 2021, 02:11:44 AM
Those green hands and feet are a bit odd-looking, but I'm loving those hooves! Guess it's inevitable that every future Edmontosaurus toy will feature a comb from now on.

I do wonder why in recent times, companies have avoided making E. annectens, when most if not all prior Edmontosaurus toys were crestless.
Could it be because of sales? A similar case to Parasaurolophus where a vibrant crest on it's head makes the product more striking to consumers.

Irritation

That Edmontosaurus looks so good, I love it.  :))

Thialfi

Quote from: Flaffy on November 19, 2021, 02:15:36 AM

I do wonder why in recent times, companies have avoided making E. annectens, when most if not all prior Edmontosaurus toys were crestless.
Could it be because of sales? A similar case to Parasaurolophus where a vibrant crest on it's head makes the product more striking to consumers.
Pretty sure that is the reason. It allows for a little more texture, detail and color. Personally I don't think any animal looks bland or boring, but when given the choice I can imagine companies go for the animal that allows for a little more bang to woo customers.

Dusty Wren

Oh, wow, I love the sculpt on that. It's a great, dynamic pose, and those hooves are perfect. Not wild about the color choices, but nothing a repaint can't fix  ;D

With this, the Kamuysaurus, and PNSO's Parasaurolophus and Olorotitan, this has been a good year for hadrosaurs.
Check out my customs thread!

John

This new Edmontosaurus regalis is a must have for me. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Bread

Quote from: Dusty Wren on November 19, 2021, 02:30:01 AM
With this, the Kamuysaurus, and PNSO's Parasaurolophus and Olorotitan, this has been a good year for hadrosaurs.
Agreed! I thought 2021 had the best hadrosaurs with PNSO's end of the year releases, but seems like 2022 is going to surpass its predecessor.

Shonisaurus

Wow! That edmontosaurus regalis cooler honestly the details of both painting and sculpture are outstanding, as I always say for dinosaurs or prehistoric animals that I like. The size is immense, I think it will be on the same scale as the parasaurolophus and iguanodon of the same brand. It remains only to reveal Collecta's triceratops. I sincerely celebrate that all the Collecta figures are oversized this year.

GojiraGuy1954

When I saw that it had a crest the spongebob sound effect for when something is disapponting played in my head
https://youtu.be/hH_Aq1mZ3BE

It looks nice but I already have the Safari regalis

I also dislike how they're stretching out 2 releases to be a week apart which will likely only result in disappointment from the Triceratops
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

John

If CollectA's latest Pteranodon releases are any indication,the presence of Edmontosaurus regalis does not rule out the possibility of E. annectens being added to the line too eventually. 8)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

MLMjp

No! It's regalis again! :(

The figure itself looks great but...

Quote from: John on November 19, 2021, 09:40:22 AM

If CollectA's latest Pteranodon releases are any indication,the presence of Edmontosaurus regalis does not rule out the possibility of E. annectens being added to the line too eventually. 8)
A tiny bit of hope to hold on (barely if you ask me).

PrimevalRaptor

This one's looking pretty neat, really like how dynamic it looks and the variation in scales is also pretty neat. Even if it's another E.regalis, hadrosaurs are being treated well this year!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: