News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA: New for 2022

Started by suspsy, November 04, 2021, 07:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

It's a lively pose without being exaggerated. Another hadrosaur suits my collecting focus very well. (Though yes, in an ideal world E. annectens would have been nice, but I'm not complaining.) I'm very satisfied with this reveal.

Dinoxels

It's massive and amazing. Can't wait.
Though I hope people don't take pictures of this with any Tyrannosaurus figures because it's kinda a trope for E. regalis to be reconstructed living with Tyrannosaurus even though it actually lived with Albertosaurus.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Halzk

Wow, I'm so excited ! Ngl I wanted a Collecta Edmontosaurus since I saw the 2019 Safari ltd Edmontosaurus (it seems kinda off to me). It looks amazing. It's probably gonna be one of my new favorite piece in my collection.

Halzk

Quote from: Dinoxels on November 19, 2021, 10:52:53 AM
It's massive and amazing. Can't wait.
Though I hope people don't take pictures of this with any Tyrannosaurus figures because it's kinda a trope for E. regalis to be reconstructed living with Tyrannosaurus even though it actually lived with Albertosaurus.
I wouldn't say no to a Collecta Tyrannosaurus. But if it's an Albertosaurus it's even better

suspsy

Just a reminder: it is perfectly possible that E. annectens possessed a comb as well and that we simply haven't been lucky enough to find a specimen with a preserved impression. So if you wish to pretend this toy or the one from Wild Safari is E. annectens, there's really nothing wrong with that!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Gwangi

That's a lovely Edmontosaurus. I don't have the Safari one and I like this CollectA one better, I'll definitely be getting it.

suspsy

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on November 19, 2021, 07:18:53 AM
I also dislike how they're stretching out 2 releases to be a week apart which will likely only result in disappointment from the Triceratops

The toys won't be available until next year anyway, so spacing their reveals apart by a week makes no difference really. People's responses to the Triceratops will be the same regardless.

Fembrogon

While I agree that the green splotches look weird - I tend to question Collecta's coloration decisions - I think the figure looks very good otherwise. It'll be nice to have another affordable hadrosaur toy on the market.

suspsy

Quote from: suspsy on November 19, 2021, 12:10:50 PM
Just a reminder: it is perfectly possible that E. annectens possessed a comb as well and that we simply haven't been lucky enough to find a specimen with a preserved impression. So if you wish to pretend this toy or the one from Wild Safari is E. annectens, there's really nothing wrong with that!

Following up on this comment: there is much more solid evidence to support the notion of E. annectens sporting a comb than there is of T. rex sporting feathers.

Faelrin

avatar_suspsy @suspsy I mean with the lack of updated E. annectens figures, we must do with what we have for now I guess. I think that could be a possibility as well. Who knows.

I do also agree with avatar_Dinoxels @Dinoxels that it would display better with Albertosaurus if one is being species specific and not just the genus, but there's no recent/updated options for that aside from the upcoming BotM one in a much larger scale (and late 2023), or the small Papo Gorgosaurus.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Duna

Oh, hooves!!  ^-^ Fantastic. I wasn't convinced of the hands of the Safari without any nail.  ^-^ My children will have a new edmontosaurus for their collection and I'll have a new one for mine. Everyone happy!

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: suspsy on November 19, 2021, 02:13:15 PM

Following up on this comment: there is much more solid evidence to support the notion of E. annectens sporting a comb than there is of T. rex sporting feathers.
And I don't usually feather my rexes so
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Sim

I find it disappointing when CollectA makes lots of species from one group of closely-related animals and ignores other groups.  Before it was allosauroids which I'm glad CollectA isn't making any of this time, now it's ornithopods...  Why does CollectA neglect deinonychosaurs so much?

Bread

Quote from: Sim on November 19, 2021, 03:37:04 PM
I find it disappointing when CollectA makes lots of species from one group of closely-related animals and ignores other groups.  Before it was allosauroids which I'm glad CollectA isn't making any of this time, now it's ornithopods...  Why does CollectA neglect deinonychosaurs so much?
I love their ornithopods. If CollectA continue to produce solid and beautiful pieces for this group, why stop? Although I do agree that they should dish out some deinonychosaurs, plus their Allosaurids were pretty weak glad they slowed down on producing those.

CarnotaurusKing

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on November 19, 2021, 07:18:53 AM
When I saw that it had a crest the spongebob sound effect for when something is disapponting played in my head
https://youtu.be/hH_Aq1mZ3BE

It looks nice but I already have the Safari regalis

I also dislike how they're stretching out 2 releases to be a week apart which will likely only result in disappointment from the Triceratops

This, but a sound effect of a disappointed crowd for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR_wr5HRdl4

Looks quite nice, but I'm still more privy to the Safari Ltd version, save for the color scheme and the hooves. Well, at least it's money saved.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Seconding this comment. I may buy this one and do exactly that! It'll be nice to have two Edmontosaurus of different colors to make a little more variety in my Hell Creek display either way!
I would also note that there does not seem to be any indication of significant sexual dimorphism in flashy dinosaur species, such as ceratopsians and bony crested hadrosaurs. While a fleshy crest like Edmontosaurus might be more moldable via sexual selection than a bony one, there's still a strong possibility both sexes had it as well.

suspsy

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on November 19, 2021, 03:31:26 PM

And I don't usually feather my rexes so

So my point still stands.  :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

I would plan to pick this up but I have a feeling PNSO will have one before it's released. lol

Concavenator

I'm fine with the green on the face and on the hands and feet, but it looks a little out of place on the flanks and at the base of the tail. With this out the way, stunning figure, as I expected this one will surely be my favorite of the lineup. Great job, CollectA. With both this one and Safari's around (which I think it's also a great model in its own right, hooves aside which were unknown at the time), the market doesn't need any more models of this particular species.

avatar_GojiraGuy1954 @GojiraGuy1954 If you're looking for an E.annectens, I suggest you look up Paleofiguras on Facebook. They have recently announced an upcoming E.annectens figure from a store called "The Guanlong Store" . There's also the good old Safari "Anatotitan", which is fairly decent. Although I believe it's retired and thereby harder to find.

If you're interested in learning more on the subject of Tyrannosaurus feathers, I reccomend you take a look at this:

https://youtu.be/1IkaEIUhlQk

Renecito

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 19, 2021, 04:22:40 PM
I would plan to pick this up but I have a feeling PNSO will have one before it's released. lol

My thoughts exactly!!!!
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: