You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World (Various): New for 2022

Started by GojiraGuy1954, November 13, 2021, 10:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on January 24, 2022, 08:35:38 PM
Ocean Protector Mosasaurus? Hasn't that been a thing since last year?

Yeah, unless it's getting a new color, repack, more poseability, something?

Quote from: MLMjp on January 25, 2022, 12:38:54 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 24, 2022, 07:50:26 PM
Collect Jurassic just put up their guide for 2022 thus far : https://www.collectjurassic.com/jurassic-world-dominion-mattel-2022-toy-checklist/

Few surprises there.
There's a Triceratops listed in the Hammond collection. Fingers crossed for it being the proper size.

It's listed in the medium range so I fear not. :/

Quote from: Faelrin on January 25, 2022, 05:36:47 AM
Could it be an electronic one too? But I hope we get a super articulated one instead since the AC is no more (unless it were to pop up in this Hammond Collection down the road). Then again, I mean, there's always David's wonderful BotM ones, although they aren't to scale with the Mattel line, and certainly came along way before it was added to JW (and Atrociraptor as well for that matter). Honestly if they were to do a Super Colossal one, that would be nearly life size (to the real animal) as well right? Although it looks like we might be getting a Super Colossal Atrociraptor instead (which is similar in size).

Yeah it looks like it's going to be more than just poseable judging by the looks of it. Maybe like a Super Colossal but electronic and ?

I did see a Super Colossal Atrociraptor probably just like the SC Blue.  So I have no idea really, hopefully it's cool and detailed and not something too super deformed looking.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Carnoking on January 25, 2022, 04:13:50 AM
Quote from: Shadowknight1 on January 25, 2022, 03:18:30 AM
Seems a shame that they had an Amber Collection Pyroraptor in the works and now it'll likely never see the light of day.  Heck, we might have to wait on a third party to get a truly good figure of the JW:D Pyroraptor.

Maybe this is sort of what we can expect for the listed "ultimate pyroraptor", kind of like the super poseable indoraptor we got with fallen kingdom.
Nah, the Ultimate Pyroraptor is part of Uncaged
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

MLMjp

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 25, 2022, 05:57:38 AM
Collect Jurassic just put up their guide for 2022 thus far : https://www.collectjurassic.com/jurassic-world-dominion-mattel-2022-toy-checklist/

Few surprises there.
There's a Triceratops listed in the Hammond collection. Fingers crossed for it being the proper size.

Well, the Hammond Collection Parasaurolophus looks bigger that the regular mainline Parasaurolophus judging from the photos and its also from the medium range, so I dont see why the Triceratops couldn't be bigger than its mainline counterparts. It doesn't need to be huge, just a bit larger than the mainline Triceratops. Make it Pentaceratops size and there you go, that would do for me.

PD: So the green abelisaruid is Skorpiovenator and not Rugops?

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: MLMjp on January 25, 2022, 12:03:12 PM

Few surprises there.

Well, the Hammond Collection Parasaurolophus looks bigger that the regular mainline Parasaurolophus judging from the photos and its also from the medium range, so I dont see why the Triceratops couldn't be bigger than its mainline counterparts. It doesn't need to be huge, just a bit larger than the mainline Triceratops. Make it Pentaceratops size and there you go, that would do for me.

People thought it was Rugops?

MLMjp

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on January 25, 2022, 01:32:40 PM

Few surprises there.

People thought it was Rugops?
I did... ::)

Gwangi

Quote from: Faelrin on January 24, 2022, 09:45:09 PM
Looks good to me! 👍 Thanks for doing a stellar job keeping the thread op updated so far.

I would also like to extend my gratitude towards avatar_GojiraGuy1954 @GojiraGuy1954, great work keeping up on the thread.

Theriz

I have always liked the Mattel line. The figures are neat. This line... is the best one ever! The Skorpiovenator, Wave 3 Rajasaurus, Wave 3 Triceratops, Megaraptor, Ichthyovenator, Yangchuanosaurus, Ampelosaurus, Kosmoceratops, and so many others are just so darn good. The Megaraptor/Ampelosaurus are (in my opinion) the best looking figures Mattel has ever made. This is such a great start for Mattel. They added a heck of a lot of rather obscure species and I love it. I hope Mattel will keep up the good work after their initial release.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Few surprises there.

All I hear is that this line is supposed to scale with the mainline. A little bigger would be ok especially since the trike was undersized so much to begin with.  But I haven't seen any comparisons yet of the regular line vs this one.  I guess we have to wait til the first figure comes out.   Looking at them in box though they seem to be about the same size as the previous Amber Collection boxes?

Reuben03

any photos of the uncaged pyroraptor other then that one of an old design and two mock-ups of it?

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

GojiraGuy1954

Fembrogon

Thialfi

It's actually not a basic, but a Sound Surge figure. Saw another image of it with the side speaker.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Thialfi on January 27, 2022, 01:25:06 AM
It's actually not a basic, but a Sound Surge figure. Saw another image of it with the side speaker.

Yeah they are actually worse than the basics which seem to have more detail and as large feet.  I've never seen any of them in person.

GojiraGuy1954

Does anybody know what these are meant to be?

Spoiler
[close]

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on January 28, 2022, 08:13:57 AM
Does anybody know what these are meant to be?

Spoiler
[close]

They are little collector boxes you can link together with mini dioramas. lights and sound. First wave is on Amazon already.

Strepsodus

here is my official purchase list.

Moros

Skorpiovenator (though may wait until they release a mini, that could possibly scale with its contemporary, Collecta's Argentinosaurus)

Megaraptor

& Siamosaurus unless it sucks

Faelrin

Imaginext Therizinosaurus was revealed. Has a coloration like the old Schleich model, but also has feathers and a beak.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZb9XDeLD-7/
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Faelrin

So Collect Jurassic got banned from instagram apparently, probably from sharing leaked images, even if those came from retailer listings. Universal (and/or Mattel) ain't playing around when that was one of their and Mattel's biggest influencers for the Jurassic World toys.

His twitter received multiple violations as well. Might have been the Imaginext figures, since the most recent basic figure review is still up, although those did come from a retailer. If anything it should be them punished for revealing them early then someone sharing something anyone could find and see for themselves. Secondly once it is out on the net it stays on the net.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Prehistory Resurrection

Quote from: Faelrin on February 05, 2022, 05:39:35 PM
So Collect Jurassic got banned from instagram apparently, probably from sharing leaked images, even if those came from retailer listings. Universal (and/or Mattel) ain't playing around when that was one of their and Mattel's biggest influencers for the Jurassic World toys.

His twitter received multiple violations as well. Might have been the Imaginext figures, since the most recent basic figure review is still up, although those did come from a retailer. If anything it should be them punished for revealing them early then someone sharing something anyone could find and see for themselves. Secondly once it is out on the net it stays on the net.
Really? Well, I guess leaks concerning the upcoming toys were inevitable. There are others on YouTube who have also shown leaked pictures of the upcoming Dominion toys. I honestly do not see anything wrong in it but well, thanks for sharing for your opinion. I guess enthusiasts should try not to do any further reveal of any upcoming toy until the film's out as far as possible.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: