News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World (Various): New for 2022

Started by GojiraGuy1954, November 13, 2021, 10:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Flaffy

New pics. Those DNA slot-in flaps are rather unsightly. Wish they just stuck with the feet stickers, rather than develop this completely unnecessary feature.

suspsy

I worry about those slot thingies getting broken during play. I wish they'd stuck to the stamps on the soles of the feet.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

MLMjp

Quote from: Flaffy on February 26, 2022, 04:20:53 PM
New pics. Those DNA slot-in flaps are rather unsightly. Wish they just stuck with the feet stickers, rather than develop this completely unnecessary feature.
Quote from: suspsy on February 26, 2022, 04:27:14 PM
I worry about those slot thingies getting broken during play. I wish they'd stuck to the stamps on the soles of the feet.
I agree.

Carnoking

I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt with their stock photos but even in hand, these paint schemes are...not great.

Faelrin

I've already said this earlier, but yeah these are all easy skips for me. Shame about the Kosmoceratops though. It's a good sculpt, but has a terrible paint scheme to it. Hopefully it gets a repaint in the future.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Cretaceous Crab

Quote from: MLMjp on February 26, 2022, 04:56:05 PM
I agree.

Ditto. Why change to a feature that costs more to add to the toy, not to mention so easily lost, when a sticker is much cheaper to create and attach? Completely unnecessary.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Cretaceous Crab on February 26, 2022, 08:46:24 PM
I agree.

Ditto. Why change to a feature that costs more to add to the toy, not to mention so easily lost, when a sticker is much cheaper to create and attach? Completely unnecessary.
I mean, the feature itself is kind of unnecessary in the first place, isn't it?
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

MLMjp

Funny how a "random" repaint captures the look of the Lost World male raptor better than the legacy attempts.

I could see me getting the Kosmoceratops if I came across it. But I wouldn't make the effort in hunting for one.

suspsy

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on February 26, 2022, 11:19:45 PM
Quote from: Cretaceous Crab on February 26, 2022, 08:46:24 PM
I agree.

I mean, the feature itself is kind of unnecessary in the first place, isn't it?

I've never bothered trying to use the feature. Nor has my four year old ever asked about why some of his dinosaurs have that symbol on their foot.

Faelrin

I've used it pretty frequently with the app. Helped to keep track of my collection (until I started using DinoToyCollector) especially early on.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Cretaceous Crab

My son and I have used the app and the scan codes. He enjoys it. As it is now, not a bad little extra feature to go along with the toys themselves.

But I cringe at the thought of those little tabs getting lost.

Skorpio V.

Ah, the first figure of the genus of my namesake and it's... interesting at best.

The Kosmoceratops looks like stellar repaint material, though!

Quote from: Cretaceous Crab on February 27, 2022, 04:05:47 AM
But I cringe at the thought of those little tabs getting lost.
More innocuous battle damage *jazz hands*!! I'm imagining the beheaded Mattel Lebron Jameseses...
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Stegotyranno420

Never I would had thought Lebron James would had surfaced up into this forum...

CityRaptor

Who?

Anways, I read somewhere that the tag actually can't be taken out of the toys unless they are ripped out by force.  Still, these things are an eyesore.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

MoarCrossovers

Click at your own risk if you don't like leaks.

Spoiler
We got Siamosaurus pic. :)

[close]

suspsy

Quote from: MoarCrossovers on March 03, 2022, 11:31:44 PM
Click at your own risk if you don't like leaks.

Spoiler
We got Siamosaurus pic. :)

[close]

A quadrupedal spinosaur, interesting. I wonder if Mattel would have the guts to eventually do a modern Spinosaurus. They could just bill it as "Spinosaurus V. 2.0" or something like that.

Carnoking

Same energy as the olden schleich Baryonyx

Flaffy

I really don't know how I feel about this.

Camzilla94

Why do Mattel Spinosaurs feel much more cartooony compared to everything else sculpt-wise?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: