News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World (Various): New for 2022

Started by GojiraGuy1954, November 13, 2021, 10:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Too bad about the Lystrosaurus. Would've been a real novelty, but I don't buy human figures.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Blade-of-the-Moon

I think someone said the Masie pack was canceled? BBTS originally put it up with all the other items for preorder then it was said to have canceled by the manufacturer?

Lord the HC Galli is rough..not a streamline to found anywhere there. :/

I actually think the HC Rex looks better in the promotional images vs the display model..the head looks to be too large now?

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Faelrin on April 29, 2022, 04:51:33 AM
Oh thanks. FB links are temporary, but good for now I suppose. Anyways Dewanda Wise was at the panel, and is holding a Lystrosaurus figure. Might be a new mainline one judging from the size? Collect Jurassic did say there would be a video of this up on his channel, and I'm sure Jurassic Outpost will have one too.

Some more pics:

Concept art for Ampelosaurus and Siamosaurus. Really digging the Ark Survival Evolved Spinosaurus vibes the latter has. Might be the closest we'll get to a more accurate Spinosaurus in Mattel's style too anyways.

And yeah just as I was wondering if that was a mainline Lystrosaurus, it indeed is, in this new set with Maisie and Beta:

Can't say I'm really digging the coloration of the Parasaurolophus though. Not sure why it has so much black on it? Hmm, need to wait for the final in package pics to get a better idea of it.

Edit: Hammond Collection Gallimimus and a sneak peak of the Dilophosaurus and Triceratops. I really hope that Triceratops is bigger, since that Parasaurolophus was a tad bit bigger then the previous mainline ones (and I don't just mean the head).

And another look at that glorious Hammond Collection Tyrannosaurus, and the new Gallimimus.

all of your images are gone
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

MLMjp

Where all of these came from?!

Ok, I really like how the Hammond Collection Tyrannosaurus looks in the promo pictures, it does look like it could be the definitive T.rex...but in those display pictures....gosh, the legs look so thin! I kinda like the Gallimimus, but at the same time its proportions are worse than previous mainline figures, head is too big. Also stop teasing the HC Triceratops and reveal it already, damn, we need to know if it is bigger!

Glad to see JPtoys listing becoming true with Maisie with Beta set (and the surprise Lystrosaurus), now I can definitely skip the Owen with Beta set.

Flaffy

That HC Gallimimus looks pretty rough not gonna lie... Much prefer the look of the Legacy Collection one. And why does it have teeth?
Why do the sculptors for the Hammond Collection keep referencing Jurassic World and JWE designs instead of the original Stan Winston Studio ones??

Carnoking

I'd agree, the legacy collection offering is still the best thus far.

Flaffy

Quote from: Carnoking on April 29, 2022, 01:48:06 PM
I'd agree, the legacy collection offering is still the best thus far.

By far! I really hoped that the HC Gallimimus would dethrone the Legacy one, but alas...
I personally feel that Hadrosaurs and Ornithomimosaurs are some of those groups of dinosaurs that don't really benefit from having an articulated jaw. Is it nice to have an extra articulation point? Sure, but not at the expense of ruining the head sculpt. The Gallimimus's mandible seems to suffer the same fate as the AC Compies, being far too robust.

Pachyrhinosaurus

I agree the Legacy gallimimus is more faithful to the original film-- but that triceratops silhouette looks promising.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Flaffy

Thankfully the HC Tyrannosaurus does not have the "poop stained" lips of Hasbro Stomp n' Strike. Not sure how I feel about the shading on the legs though...

Faelrin

avatar_MLMjp @MLMjp From Collect Jurassic's FB. From the Generation Jurassic Universal Studios Hollywood event.

avatar_GojiraGuy1954 @GojiraGuy1954 I'm still seeing the images on my end. I'll probably re-upload them to imgur later today as a backup plan.

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy Yeah it does look more like that render for Jurassic World, versus the more accurate coloration it sported in the film (or Jurassic Park, although there do seem to be some that bare resemblance during the stampede scene, but that may be a result of the motion blur. I'll add some pics below once I get on my PC in a bit). Ditto about the Legacy (and Battle Damage) versions having the more film accurate colorations. It is really disappointing they screwed that one up, but at least the articulation on both of those previous ones is good enough for me. Looks like it just loses out on the rubber tail and joint, the knee and ankle joints, and jaw. I might still pick it up because of the price but definitely a priority as the larger species in the line so far.

Also as far as the marking on the T. rex legs, the original maquette did have them as well (see my earlier response on the previous page) but it was more subtle/less heavy/blended better in comparison. Agreed on the head being better there then the promo pic, and thankfully.

Edit: Okay all pics I grabbed from https://movie-screencaps.com since they offer high quality pics taken directly from a blu ray copy. I'll have the images in a spoiler to not detract too much from the rest of the thread, but for anyone that wants to take a look go for it:
Spoiler
From Jurassic Park's stampede scene. There does seem to be some individuals with darker coloration, some with lighter (that definitely has the coloration of the concept art), and there do appear to be juveniles they have a spotted skin color. And I'll be honest, despite the age, and motion blur, the models themselves still look to hold up really well in these high quality shots (especially pic number 2 with the good look at the Gallimimus with the open jaw on the right).

From The Lost World: Jurassic Park. There don't seem to be too many good up and close looks at them, but there are bits here and there where we can get a good glimpse at their coloration, which still appears to reflect the concept art design for Jurassic Park.

From Jurassic World. Now it unfortunately appears like many of their images regarding the Gallimimus scene in Jurassic World have vanished, but there's at least these two, which shows it also has the coloration of the concept art for Jurassic Park:

[close]
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Faelrin

Figured this was worth a separate post from the above. I went to Target today and scored both the Parasaurolophus and Baryonyx (that's what I get for staying up and browsing Target's website until 2am and seeing the Parasaurolophus had 3 in stock at my closest store). Was glad to see the new Legacy Kitchen Encounter set with Tim & Lex was in stock too, but I figured the two of these was enough (and costly) for now, and besides I still have that on pre-order anyways. Store was pretty stocked well, though almost picked clean of the human sets, most of the mini figure packs, the larger figures (like the Quetzalcoatlus, and Yangchuanosaurus), and Therizinosaurus. Guess where I found the Parasaurolophus? Also they did have another in the back, which I asked a staff member about and received help with (for my friend in Germany, only for him to change his mind after I had asked, because it might not fit in the box with the rest of the stuff I have together for him). So I made sure to leave it front in center in front of the Indominus rex.

My dad went with me, and was standing there when I took the pic, so I scribbled him out, in case anyone is wondering:

Fembrogon

My local Target had a similarily well-stocked end cap today (no Hammond figures yet, though). Among other things, I was SHOCKED to see a full row of Spinosaurs on a physical shelf!

I ended up coming home with the sole Quetz on the shelf, and a Skorpio. The Yangchuanosaurus and Rajasaurus weren't compelling me as much (though I really do appreciate the diversity).

ItsTwentyBelow

Woohoo! New fun stuff in the pipeline!

Honestly I'm pretty meh on that HC T.Rex, especially when someone shows a pic to remind me of how nice a sculpt the Kenner red Rex was by comparison. Why couldn't they make it look more like that for the HC? I agree that it really just kinda looks like a deluxe articulated sculpt of the Extreme Chompin rex with glass eyes and nice paint. The out of box display pics of it are not very flattering in the legs.

The HC Gallimimus is just...yuck. I'd hoped for each Hammond sculpt to be the clear superior to its main line figure equivalent.

Really interested in the Ampelosaurus and Siamosaurus, both look great!

Also going to have to get the set with Maisie and Lystrosaurus...and another Beta, oh well. I guess Blue could have had multiple offspring in my collection. Probably going to have to get the Parasaur + Owen set too since I LOVE that wacky dino paintjob. And it's a Parasaur.

terrorchicken

All these HC figures are suffering form being too skinny and big feet...the Rex's head looks really weird too. I did manage to  pick up the para. Im planning to sell off much of my JW collection as I need to downsize due to space issues. I want to just focus on the species that were shown in the first 3 films and the carnotaurus, and Blue. And stick only to the HC line but I wish they'd improve the proportions.

Have they reveled the codes for the boxed mini figures anywhere?

Faelrin

avatar_terrorchicken @terrorchicken I have them on hand (the codes I mean):

01A T. rex
02A Giganotosaurus
03A Stegosaurus/Atrociraptor
04A Yangchuanosaurus/Blue
05A Therizinosaurus/Lystrosaurus
06A Quetzalcoatlus/Gallimimus
07A Iguanodon/Baryonyx
08A Triceratops/Pteranodon

It's mainly the last number that sets them apart. Collect Jurassic did a review on all these as well, but I had access to these before he put that video up thanks to someone in my collecting group on instagram. I made sure to take a screencap (which I used the other day, looking for the mini Therizinosaurus Lystrosaurus set, to no avail).

Flaffy

Quote from: Faelrin on May 01, 2022, 04:41:49 AM
avatar_terrorchicken @terrorchicken I have them on hand (the codes I mean):

01A T. rex
02A Giganotosaurus
03A Stegosaurus/Atrociraptor
04A Yangchuanosaurus/Blue
05A Therizinosaurus/Lystrosaurus
06A Quetzalcoatlus/Gallimimus
07A Iguanodon/Baryonyx
08A Triceratops/Pteranodon

It's mainly the last number that sets them apart. Collect Jurassic did a review on all these as well, but I had access to these before he put that video up thanks to someone in my collecting group on instagram. I made sure to take a screencap (which I used the other day, looking for the mini Therizinosaurus Lystrosaurus set, to no avail).

Thanks for reminding me that the code's been cracked already! Here's the chart made by CollectJurassic.

And since we're on the topic of minis, not sure if these has been posted yet but even more mini playsets are coming. Good way to bulk out small species like the full Atrociraptor pack, Gallimimus flocks and Lystrosaurus herds. Interestingly, the Tyrannosaurus, Giganotosaurus and Therizinosaurus seem to be static variants of their standalone releases.

Flaffy

Paco V. Mora, Facebook:
"I can say (in my opinion)... Giganotosaurus is not the figure we expect, it is very small, it does not look like the antagonist of Jurassic World Dominon, Mattel will have to improve the figure in the future, so far the best JWD figure is the Therizinosaurus, Giga is the same size as the Rex Extreme Chompin', smaller that Spinosaurus and Indominus Rex..."

Gwangi

Thanks for posting that cheat sheet avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy, I managed to snag the Lystrosaurus (and Therizinosaurus) today. After getting skunked at both Target and Walmart I was determined to come home with something. I don't normally collect minis but I wanted that Lystrosaurus. Walmart had the minis so I decided to look through them, the very last box I looked at was DO5A.  :))

Faelrin

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy Thanks for sharing those images of the Giganotosaurus, and mini sets (I'm really tempted to get some of those little diorama sets for the bunch I have already to display them on). I'm really disappointed by that Giganotosaurus. Shame about the wonky feature it has, and the fact it's too small, and the lack of accuracy with it. Definitely going to skip this one, and hold out hope for a proper HC rendition, that's accurate and larger instead. I feel the same way about the Pyroraptor we've seen so far as well, based on the leak, basic figure, and the concept art that showed up during the Generation Jurassic event recently.

GiganotosaurusFan

To me, it seems alright.
Other than large feet, and a wide jaw, nothing seems too wrong about it.
Also properly scaled:)
Any Giganotosauruses are friends. Any other carnivores are...I think I'll run now.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: