News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

brontodocus' collection

Started by brontodocus, March 13, 2012, 02:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

Ikterus! Poor Spino probably has a liver problem :-\ ;D.

brontodocus

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Takama

The more i look at it, the more im tempted to get one.

Hounestly, i think the only proplem is the oversized Eyes, which makes it look like a female cartoon charector to me.

I also like how its a biped, and not an anoying tripod like the carnegi model

brontodocus

Like I said, the yellow part of the eyes - be it intended to represent sclera or lower eyelid - is an easy fix. :) Still the lower eyelid looks a little saggy and of course the details of the sculpt are rather crude as is typical for Bullyland.

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

brontodocus

Johan Scherft's life-sized (length approx. 605 mm) paper model "Microceratops" (actually probably better named Graciliceratops mongoliensis, Microceratops was preoccupied and Microceratus is a nomen dubium):

Balaur

Quote from: brontodocus on September 30, 2012, 03:26:52 PM
Johan Scherft's life-sized (length approx. 605 mm) paper model "Microceratops" (actually probably better named Graciliceratops mongoliensis, Microceratops was preoccupied and Microceratus is a nomen dubium):

Nice model! Very amazing what cardboard can be capable.

Roselaar

Very nice Microceratops there! I hardly noticed it was made of paper from the first pic! That must have been quite hard to create.

Seijun

Cardboard model sadly better/more accurate than most plastic toys...
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

brontodocus

Thanks all! :) Assembly of the model is not as hard as it might possibly seem. But I guess designing it must have been a real hard task, the templates are constructed without the help of a computer, apparently. So for anyone who's interested - the templates are available (for €5) via Johan Scherft's website (you'll get them as digital data sent via the internet, six pages with the model part and six pages instructions, so there are no shipping costs to anywhere in the world ;) ). I've seen sketches of him that show an Archaeopteryx. I can only hope this means he'll publish a life size Archaeopteryx model, eventually. :)

Libraraptor

Wow, those cardboard models rock! At first sight I couldn´t tell which material it was, especially at the Microceratops!

brontodocus

Thanks, Stefan! :) Yes, that's exactly what good cardboard models aim at. Had I found a copyshop that made less shiny prints it would have looked even a little better but I'm still pleased with how it turned out. By the way, the fact that it's quite large makes assembly also easier, I've definitely had cardboard model kits that were much more difficult.

postsaurischian

:D  Bravissimo! A wonderful model, perfectly built up. Congratulations especially on how you solved the balance problem :).
Wow! An Archaeopteryx could finally convince me to try building a paper model as well.

brontodocus

Hahaha! ;D At the moment I'm tempted writing him about that you might be converted to cardboard modelling if he releases an Archaeopteryx... who knows, maybe it's a spur for him? >:D Well, I have the feeling he plans making one, anyway. It's only logical. :)

brontodocus

4 on the Richter magnitude scale... :o ;D

The four Dinotales "Seismosaurus" figures (not counting the skeleton) - from left to right: Wonder Figure Collection; am/pm Set; Dinosaur Expo 2002; Wonder Festival 2002.

brontodocus

Papo / La Préhistoire "Brachiosaurus" 2012 :) :

And for a size comparison, some brachiosaur toys ^-^ :

Jetoar

Amazing figure! I would like to have it  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

Quote from: Jetoar on October 23, 2012, 12:26:24 PM
Amazing figure! I would like to have it  ^-^ .
Thanks, Jetoar! :) I guess it won't be long until it will conquer virtually everyone's collection, I'm glad it hasn't been further delayed, we've been waiting long enough!

postsaurischian

Who said it wasn't going to be in 1:40 >:( ;D?
Thanks for the comparison shot.
The old Carnegie model still holds the height record :). Who would have thought so in 1988?

Seijun

I still think the papo looks fugly..
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Blade-of-the-Moon

I love it ! Really detailed, big and hefty just the way sauropods should be ! ;D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: