News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Invicta Hunter

Quote from: stoneage on May 05, 2016, 12:16:09 AM
Quote from: SBell on May 04, 2016, 10:56:45 PM
Quote from: Lanthanotus on May 03, 2016, 08:38:32 PM
Ah, thanks for that identification, SBell :)

Now for the croc ....

I missed that! I believe that some Kleinwelka's were made in two sizes, so that could be it.

I believe the only Kleinwelka figures that comes in two sizes is the Brachiosaurus    You might check with Libraraptor because I believe he owns the whole set.

I also think that the brachio was the only one that was made in a smaller version but this croc does look a lot like the deinosuchus. Is it made of the same type of plastic as the small brachio? Kleinwelka figures seem to be made of a very light weight plastic. The small brachio has the same info on it's underside as the large figures so if there's nothing writen on the croc i would imagine that it's not a Kleinwelka.

Lanthanotus

Thank you all for your contributions so far :)

Yes, the crocodile is made of a very light ("cheap") plastic, but unlike the Brachiosaurus it shows no imprint or sign (also lacks the space for any but the finest imprint on the underside). Well, maybe it's some chinasaur knock off of the Kleinwelka croc.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 04, 2016, 07:03:20 PM
Quote from: Megalosaurus on May 04, 2016, 04:53:30 PM
Hello.

May you help me to identify the nest in this lot?
*snip*

It's one of those dig sets. I have the Stegosaurus one. Not really very accurate, but still nice

You can get them here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DINOSAUR-NEST-MAIASAURA-DIG-IT-OUT-EXCAVATION-KIT-/400309063305?hash=item5d34478e89:m:meIf_ZyHOZhXC_YmY6OubRw

I have the sauropod one :)

Libraraptor

Quote from: stoneage on May 05, 2016, 12:16:09 AM
Quote from: SBell on May 04, 2016, 10:56:45 PM
Quote from: Lanthanotus on May 03, 2016, 08:38:32 PM
Ah, thanks for that identification, SBell :)

Now for the croc ....

I missed that! I believe that some Kleinwelka's were made in two sizes, so that could be it.

I believe the only Kleinwelka figures that comes in two sizes is the Brachiosaurus    You might check with Libraraptor because I believe he owns the whole set.

I do. And I did not see a figure like this before... That´s odd...
The only explanation I have so far is that the factory that produced the Kleinwelka souvenir figures by order from the park also produced figures of recent animals. Does it say anything on the belly? Any imprints?

Megalosaurus

I like the Nayab Placerias, but I found another interesting figure.

May you identify this brown "Kannemeyeria" please:

For your reference, the image belongs to this site:
http://www.savalli.us/BIO113/Labs/09.Reptiles.html
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Flaffy

Quote from: Megalosaurus on May 13, 2016, 01:31:48 AM
I like the Nayab Placerias, but I found another interesting figure.

May you identify this brown "Kannemeyeria" please:

For your reference, the image belongs to this site:
http://www.savalli.us/BIO113/Labs/09.Reptiles.html
I think the kannemeyeria is from tams7prairie on ebay. It is 3D printed and unpainted.

Roselaar

Looks pretty good! Also, what line does the Moschops belong to?

Rain

Quote from: Roselaar on May 13, 2016, 09:36:12 PM
Looks pretty good! Also, what line does the Moschops belong to?

Looks like a painted (or knock off)) Marx to me

Megalosaurus

Thanks FlaffyRaptors.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kannemeyeria-of-the-Triassic-1-35-scale-3d-plastic-Model-Very-Rare-/231920951594?hash=item35ff90e12a:g:SFYAAOSwpDdVbwl9

Its sad this is not a toy, because I don't like the line texture of 3D printed models. Anyway is a great figure.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Halichoeres

After a bit of sanding and a paint job, you don't see the print lines, for what it's worth!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Rain

Can someone ID the tyrannosaur on the left?

Takama

Quote from: Rain on May 27, 2016, 08:33:12 PM
Can someone ID the tyrannosaur on the left?

That T.Rex shows up in adds in all of the latest Prehistoric Times Magazines.

ITs from Studio Oxmox and its in 1:10 Scale

Rain

LophoLeeVT

wow whose collection is this!!!!!
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

lips

Can anyone help me figure where these guys came from? The car is for scale. The first two closeups are ceramic/glass?

sauroid

no definite answer here but the first two could be those you put in fish tanks as decors. the last 3 are generic chinasaurs (the tiger looks like a remold of a vintage figure).
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Fembrogon

My uncle recently found these at a flea market for a quarter each:

They appear to be in pristine condition - so much so he was wondering if these are genuine original Marx figures. Can anyone confirm that these are legit?

amargasaurus cazaui

They look pretty legit to me...the colors  are especially something that is quite likely Marx.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

stoneage

:) They are Marx figures.  They appear to be from the  second mold series that came out in 1961 with the first mammals etc..  The Smilodon is a tan figure that was only used with "Prehistoric Times Play Set #3398.  I'm sure they would be valued much higher then a quarter on E-bay.

Fembrogon

Sweet; thanks for the confirmation. I'll be holding on to them for sure!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: