News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu - New for 2022

Started by Bread, October 24, 2021, 03:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnoking

Hm, two different material versions for this one but not the carno? Maybe they want to squeeze more profits out of their smaller offerings.

SpartanSquat

So this means the old giga will be retired?

KeU

I see Nanmu did change the Giga design. Which I think looks better.
The Dominion design has interlocking teeth, where as Nanmu has the lower jaw fit entirely within the upper.

Carnoking

Well, the Nanmu nonsense continues. The fact that they thought this dinky little thing was a suitable offering to make up for the damage done to the rearing brachs was dumb enough, but as it turns out, it wasn't really even done in restitution to those who received damaged goods! This actually came packed with the new JP3 brachiosaurus (which I will post photos of later), meaning it's really just for anyone who happens to buy that figure and no more special than the mini paras that came with the recent Nutcracker Soldiers.

I suppose it is cast in the clear resin, but history repeats itself it would seem! Mine arrived with the very tip of the tail missing.

To put it plainly, all this did was make me mad about the situation all over again. Well done, Nanmu.

GiganotosaurusFan

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking That is very unfortunate to hear. Maybe another copy, a larger copy, is coming soon?
Does seem like this is a very lowsy excuse for a resin Brachy coming in such poor shape.
Any Giganotosauruses are friends. Any other carnivores are...I think I'll run now.

GiganotosaurusFan

Giga looking good so far. Remember when you liked Nanmu a lot lot lot? Back before the Brachy? Must have reflected your disappointment in Nanmu in the V. Rex Head2Head.
Any Giganotosauruses are friends. Any other carnivores are...I think I'll run now.

Carnoking

x

As promised, here are those photos. Really dig the paint job on this new one, and if they had lead with it I probably would have skipped the grey offering entirely. Oh well, it's still nice to have one that reflects the designs of each film/franchise.

Edit: Not sure why Flickr always makes my photos look so darn low-res, I apologize for that. The images are a lot sharper over on my instagram if you're interested (killertoyreviews)

Over9K

Quote from: RolandEden on June 27, 2022, 03:20:55 PMSo this means the old giga will be retired?

Old Giga is already retired. They took it out of the lineup image a couple months ago. They also took out the OG Carnotaurus and Spinosaurus, replacing those with the new ones, and they retired the Alpha Tyrannosaurus, the Sinoceratops and the Mosasaurus.

dragon53

Isn't the grey Brachiosaurus supposed to be the one on the dock in FALLEN KINGDOM?

Takama

Quote from: dragon53 on June 27, 2022, 11:50:04 PMIsn't the grey Brachiosaurus supposed to be the one on the dock in FALLEN KINGDOM?

Yes which is suposed to be the one from the start from the first Jurassic Park Which makes me say take the words of the producers with a grain of salt

Sturisoma

Quote from: Carnoking on June 27, 2022, 06:00:56 PM"
 This actually came packed with the new JP3 brachiosaurus (which I will post photos of later), meaning it's really just for anyone who happens to buy that figure and no more special than the mini paras that came with the recent Nutcracker Soldiers."

Sorry that you received another broken brach intended as a replacement for the original broken one. The smallness of it is really annoying, but to receive it also broken I feel adds insult to injury.

Would you happen to have photos of it in the box? I remember seeing nonamesaurus post on facebook his mini brach without the green one.

Maybe we will see Nanmu reviews from you again with the next lineup of spino, carno, theri, and giga, if you will get them? Hopefully no more shipping damage issues with these new ones.

That JP 3 brach is beautiful! I agree with you that they should have released it initially.

Sturisoma

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 27, 2022, 02:58:20 PMSeems like they are pushing this one forward fast.   Looks good to me, I don't really see anything they should change aside from getting the sculpt as accurate as possible.

Hope they do release these new ones fast. Got to make up for the resin brach scandal and I believe the weak sale of Mordred and resin fence.
Spino, carno, theri, and giga. Most of the comments I have seen are quite positive and expectant, with the only exception of worry and disappointment in having the carno in resin. Hopefully the new carnos will still have a friendly price for us collectors outside of China.

Joliezac

The giga looks great! I'm excited to grab it, hoping the non Dragon Soul versions is PVC.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: KeU on June 27, 2022, 05:13:00 PMI see Nanmu did change the Giga design. Which I think looks better.
The Dominion design has interlocking teeth, where as Nanmu has the lower jaw fit entirely within the upper.

it actually doesn't, just the toys are all off

The new Brach color scheme is great..just a shame it's a male pattern on a female sculpt..just like the Rexes were initially.

dragon53

TAKAMA:

Thanks for the info.
When I first got the Nanmu grey Brachiosasurus, I watched FALLEN KINGDOM again and saw the movie Brachiosaurus did not have the tan rib cage like the Nanmu version---which threw me off.

KeU

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 28, 2022, 04:43:50 AMit actually doesn't, just the toys are all off
You are right!
I was really distracted by the wide mandible present in the Mattel toys.

Sturisoma

Nanmu just posted pre-order details and photos.

I'm so excited!!!  ;D

Honestly the albino one looks tempting... But I shall definitely get both of the JP 3 color schemes!  :D

Carnoking

Part of me is tempted to get the albino variant given that I already have some with the movie color scheme and I don't need two more the same figure that's just posed differently. We'll see but I'll probably just end up going for the standard movie release since the Dragon Soul series is feeling more and more superfluous to me.

Pliosaurking

I'm tempted to get all 3!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Albino is neat but when they make a new Indominus Rex it will look like just another white dinosaur beside it? I'm looking at the regular pvc and the dragon soul depending on price. I still have so many JP Spinos with more coming..it's getting a little silly.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: