News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2022

Started by Halichoeres, January 19, 2022, 06:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shane

Just wanted to chime in here on the "nostrils" issue.

The spikes are not protruding from the nostrils. The little flared bit of skin around those front-most spikes is present around the other spikes as well.

The nostrils are located just in front of those spikes. They are very small, so they are easy to miss among the scales (especially in photos).

But having seen both the original sculpt assets and the figure samples in hand, I can assure you that is the case.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d5_H_9o8fp1jn79SyVIcMDfZrNY7k2pa/view?usp=sharing

Cretaceous Crab

Color me not impressed with the Stygimoloch.

Dinoxels

Quote from: Shane on July 27, 2022, 03:00:09 PMJust wanted to chime in here on the "nostrils" issue.

The spikes are not protruding from the nostrils. The little flared bit of skin around those front-most spikes is present around the other spikes as well.

The nostrils are located just in front of those spikes. They are very small, so they are easy to miss among the scales (especially in photos).

But having seen both the original sculpt assets and the figure samples in hand, I can assure you that is the case.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d5_H_9o8fp1jn79SyVIcMDfZrNY7k2pa/view?usp=sharing
Thanks for the clarification Shane, I'll remove that from my post.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Faelrin

S @Shane Thanks for elaborating on this. That makes sense. So really my only nitpick is with the thin neck then, but otherwise I like this figure.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Renecito

Hmmmm. Any guesses on tomorrow's dino?🧐

Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Flaffy

Cryolophosaurus! Very excited to see how this one compares with the fantastic Carnegie one.
To my knowledge, the only good Cryolophosaurus on the market are the Battat and Carnegie versions, so Safari ltd's own take on the bizarre crested theropod is most certainly welcome!

Thialfi

Oh yes, cryolophosaurus! Colour me hyped!

SenSx

Quote from: Renecito on July 28, 2022, 01:14:55 PMHmmmm. Any guesses on tomorrow's dino?🧐

Oh I have no clue  ::)

Dinoxels

Hm, what's a theropod distinctly known for its single crest on its head from the Southern Hemisphere....Elvis Presley!
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

bmathison1972

Oooo I don't have a Cryolophosaurus yet! This could be good for me  ^-^

Carnoking

Exciting tease, and looks like another one from Doug Watson perhaps? Wonder if it'll be partially fuzzed...

Jose S.M.

It does looks like a Doug one! That's exciting even when 2 of the 3 from the standard line are theropods, this Cryolophosaurus is one that I've been waiting. By the way this year there were 2 " Carnegie line replacements" right? Cryolophosaurus and Albertosaurus .

Pachyrhinosaurus

Looking forward to seeing this one tomorrow. It's nice to see that the Carnegie line still lives on in a sense with these Wild Safari replacements.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Baryonyx

Looks exciting! Of all the remaining Carnegie dinosaurs to be replaced in the wild Safari line, i can't wait till they finally give a follow up for the corythosaurus, which the PNSO model did not eclipse, not least due to being so enormous.

This Cryolophosaurus is looing really nice! ;D  :D  :))

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Baryonyx on July 28, 2022, 02:48:19 PMOf all the remaining Carnegie dinosaurs to be replaced in the wild Safari line, i can't wait till they finally give a follow up for the corythosaurus

I really love the Carnegie Corythosaurus and I don't think it looks too out of place among other more recent hadrosaurs in my collection but I bet when it comes it would be great. I love Doug's hadrosaurs and ceratopsians a lot. I'm hoping for Maiasaura to get it's successor too.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Carnoking on July 28, 2022, 01:58:43 PMExciting tease, and looks like another one from Doug Watson perhaps? Wonder if it'll be partially fuzzed...

If I understand correctly, Doug is going the WS dinos and someone else is doing Dino Dana. I can't remember if this last reveal is a Dino Dana figure or not (or if it's even been indicated). But of course I am hoping it's a Doug Watson figure  ;D

Shane

This will be a Wild Safari Prehistoric World figure.

Renecito

I'm not entirely sure that's a Watson sculpt.
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

bmathison1972

Quote from: Shane on July 28, 2022, 03:19:51 PMThis will be a Wild Safari Prehistoric World figure.

Fantastic, thanks :)

SenSx

Cryolophosaurus is not my N°1 pick, but it's definitely on my most wanted list.
There are very few good figures for this specie, I only own the Battat, and I can't wait to see how this one will look.
I'm not too crazy about the brown choice as a color, but let's see.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: