You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

BrontoScorpio's Recent Acquisitions & finds ( Please Don't Quote Pictures !!! )

Started by BrontoScorpio, March 01, 2018, 02:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrontoScorpio

Next in this large consolidated parcel from Germany - Ü-ei - 1979/80 - SAURIER  ( Dinosaurs ) :

I got all 7 different creatures :
Back  row : Gorgosaurus, Iguanodon, Diplodocus, Stegosaurus
Front row : Styracosaurus ( 2 colors ) , Dimetrodon , Ankylosaurus

These are lovely tiny creatures made of very hard plastic with the cutest looks.
And thanks to   Lanthanotus for tipping me of  - I did not understand it at first - but later while trying to hunt them down, been made aware of all the different coloe schemes etc.

An example picture of the coloe variants :

Some, like the Iguanodon, or the orange Ankylosaurus/Diplodocus/Gorgosaurus are harder to get than others. 

BrontoScorpio

Next in this large consolidated parcel from Germany :
A wonderfully preserved old quartette of Monochrome 'Eraser' ( Radierer ,Radiergummi ) dinosurs by 'Pelikan' from the mid 90's :

- Tyrannosaurus
- Triceratops
- Ankylosaurus
- Dimetrodon

These are quite rare - and the back says it all - a relic from a bygone age -
It realy is refreshing, from time to time,  to see on the back side something other than 'Made in China' ...

BrontoScorpio

Next, in this large consolidated parcel from Germany :

Monochrome ( Green , Gray, Black ) dinosaurs by Kellogg's :

I got some in their original packaging that used to be found inside their cereal boxes :
The writings says ( In short ) :

- CE, Supremia company Limited, London UK
- 1993 KELLOGG ( Deutschland ) GMBH

So, I'm guessing the dinosaurs were made in the UK, and distributed in Germany.

In addition, I did not find any reference on the packaging, regarding the Dinosaur name, nor there are any inscriptions on the figures themselves -
So, as far as I can tell, The lineup consists of these 6 animals :
- Dimetrodon, Plesiosaur, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Ankylosaurus, Triceratops :

BrontoScorpio

Next, in this large consolidated parcel from Germany
Some more Bullyland dinosaurs - to join the ones I got before.

Some more Bullyland Standard size figures :

The one I like best in this series - The Bullyland Standard size Ankylosaurus - with 3 different color schemes :

The, some 2 kinds of Bullyland surprise eggs dinosaurs :

The set of vibrant colors :

As expected - made in China :

The set of warm delicate colors - my preferred version :

made in Germany :

Next, a group of Bullyland Micro Tiere :

- Brontosaurus and Brachiosaurus.
- The Plateosaurus actually resembles the Standard size set - but is on it's own - and is the best and most rare of all - it's small size makes it ideal for dioramas :

Last, I'm not sure about this bunch :

BrontoScorpio

Next, in this large consolidated parcel from Germany - you can see at the bottom right corner of the table :

Right after Bullyland, It is simply called for - Some Schleich Classics :

some of those expressive characters of mine, have quite 'Naive' names printed on them - For instance, the Euoplocephalus that is marked as Stachelsaurier ( Spiked Dinosaur ).

EmperorDinobot

Libraraptor

UK

Love the German figures.

You have a real collectors passion along with deep pockets.

PrimevalRaptor

Some quite nostalgic figures there, always loved how the smaller Bullyland figures imitated the big ones, the Plateosaurus stood in for a juvenile in my old Triassic diorama after I bought it on a museum trip. Really a shame they stopped making dinosaurs.

BrontoScorpio

Thanks all.
I did not know Bullyland have stopped making dinosaurs - but I did not like their more recent dinosaurs anyway ...
Deep pockets indeed, but as I'm not constantly on the lookout for the new best thing - it releases funds for the neat vintage stuff ...

BrontoScorpio

Next, in this large consolidated parcel from Germany ( found on different locations on the big table ) : 

Some unknown sets I'll be glad to be helped recognize :

A set of yellowish dinosaurs, otherwise be classed as 'Chinasaurs'.
The Nothosaurus (?) in the middle does look nice though ...
Later I discovered it could be an Imperial set.

This old Plastic prehistoric rhino looks interesting - even though I do  not collect mammals :

This group of 8 hard pottery-like dinosaurs, that look as though were hand made, bought from a seller in Essen, Germany :
Does someone have any information ??

Last is this group of 4 vintage looking hard full plastic dinosaurs.
For me They  look like what schleich dinos would durring the first steps of dinosaur making ...
on the other hand they feel new.

The inscription on the bottom doesn't say something of meaning to me - so there is where I need help :

CityRaptor

I might be wrong, but I think those were sold at Aldi stores last year or so. I think the brand is Playland or something like that.

Personally I don't collect vintage ( although I do have some vintage items) due to various reason, but I appreciate that someone collects and takes care of them. Also I'm pretty sure that Bullyland still does Dinosaurs.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Libraraptor

Yeah what it says at the belly is simply the address of the company importing those figures to Germany.  They are not vintage,  rather new,  and quite common here.  I have the Triceratops.

BrontoScorpio

I actually having trouble locating these - could only find one more set.
I wonder what brand is it ?
maybe some limited edition ? ...

BrontoScorpio

Next, in this large consolidated parcel from Germany ( found at the bottom center on the big table ) : 

Small rubbery black adorable prehistoric old figures, bought from several German sellers - to complete as many as possible from that series :

They kind of looked familiar - so looking here and there it turns out they were made after the Italian Panini company prehistoric animals set.
bought them from a seller in Italy and had them shipped to Germany to get acquainted and be consolidated ... all 24 of them :

Not my picture - but here you can see the variety of species in the Panini 'Animali Prehistorici' set :

- Marine reptiles
- Early reptiles
- Dinosaurs
- Prehistoric mammals
- Prehistoric Birds

Here's when the 2 sets met :

I still miss 4 of the blacks  :

But I got to admit the originals are superior on every aspect :

Blackdanter

I have the Kellogg's dinosaur premiums Bronto. I have a full set with some duplicates in different colours. Mine are in black, dark grey, light grey and green plastic.

Duna

Those black "Panini" are quite a surprise, are they made of the same soft rubber?

By the way, the yellowish chinasaurus look like mini versions of the ones by Imperial from the 80s, that nothosaurus was a very original choice in those years. I'm not sure if all but most of them do sure resemble a larger model of that brand.

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: Blackdanter on August 16, 2022, 03:09:24 PMI have the Kellogg's dinosaur premiums Bronto. I have a full set with some duplicates in different colours. Mine are in black, dark grey, light grey and green plastic.
That is an impressive collection indeed.
seems like the same colors I got - apparently these are the only colors available and it's good - I hate the thought of having them in red, blue or yellow ...  brrr
Like me you also missing the green variant of the Brontosaurus.

Quote from: Duna on August 16, 2022, 05:47:51 PMThose black "Panini" are quite a surprise, are they made of the same soft rubber?
Yes, I was lucky to spot them on two different large lots in Germany.
It's of a softer rubber.
the molding quality is inferior - as you can see the leftovers marks accross the mold edges.

Quote from: Duna on August 16, 2022, 05:47:51 PM... the yellowish chinasaurus look like mini versions of the ones by Imperial from the 80s, ... most of them do sure resemble a larger model of that brand.
You are right - they do have that ' Imperial ' looks

BrontoScorpio

Next, in this large consolidated parcel from Germany ( at the middle right corner on the big table ) : 

Those two Inpro Triceratops and the Mammoth were among various lots from Germany as do the previous posts.
The Triceratops are bootlegs but the Mammoth is real Inpro.
My new Inpro Corythosaurus came from elsewhere - but is the only one that will enter my collection.

Next, From France - 2 new Ovomaltine Dinosaurs by Somatra - Dimetrodon and Triceratops :

My Ovomaltine collection -  It truely progresses too slow - finding those proven to be not simple at all :

Still have a long way to go :

But my old mini shlef ( at the bottom post ) deserve some rearrangements - with the new additions of :

- Ü-ei
- Pelikan
- Ovomaltine
- Panini
- Inpro

Contents : JP Amblin, Ü-ei, Linde, Inpro, Diener, Timme, Nabisco, Ovomaltine, Pelikan, Panini.

BrontoScorpio

Got The Timpo dinosaur I was looking for - my third - The Triceratops :
Very unique in appearance - Look how elongated but short legged it is - almost crawling on its belly like a crocodile ...

My Timpo Dinosaurs :

From the USA - another old monochrome set :
6 out of 12 from the 1988 'Topps dino toys with candy eggs' monochrome set -
with lovely uniform brown-chocolate and distinctive anxious broad lips face :

The original box, which I don't have, looks like that :

Where as the full 12 set may be consist of gray, green or brown like mine :

I quickly made room for them on my small monochromes shelf, next to the Ajax Dinosaurs.
Come to think of it they have great resemblance to the Ajax - both in size and style :

The new look of my smal Monochrome Dinosaurs shelf :

Contents : Marx, Marx Hunting party, MPC, Ajax, Timpo, Basel, ROM, Sinclair, Kellogg's, Topps.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: