News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2022

Started by Halichoeres, January 19, 2022, 06:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thialfi

I hope the new stuff will start to drop in European stores soon, sincerely hope for Safari as well the whole distribution chain will pick up pace. These models deserve to be bought!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Zuul just came in stock, ordered myself one.

Halichoeres

Placed my order, and it had been long enough since the last time they released something I wanted that all my "Bernie Bucks" expired. I don't love that feature in a loyalty program.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 21, 2022, 02:22:48 AMPlaced my order, and it had been long enough since the last time they released something I wanted that all my "Bernie Bucks" expired. I don't love that feature in a loyalty program.

Oh no! Mine definitely too, since I haven't ordered anything from them in over a year.  :-\

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Jose S.M. on August 21, 2022, 04:18:59 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on August 21, 2022, 02:22:48 AMPlaced my order, and it had been long enough since the last time they released something I wanted that all my "Bernie Bucks" expired. I don't love that feature in a loyalty program.

Oh no! Mine definitely too, since I haven't ordered anything from them in over a year.  :-\

I think so long as you order something, anything at all, they get a new expiration date?  I order about 3-4 times a year?

Dinoxels

Quote from: Shane on August 02, 2022, 02:43:53 PM
Quote from: Dinoxels on August 02, 2022, 01:46:04 PM
Quote from: Dilopho on July 31, 2022, 04:38:37 PMNext year's lineup should definitely be Monoclonius, Laelaps, Indominus rex and Barney
Safari Ltd. Laelaps when?!?! lol

There actually are a surprising amount of fan requests for an Indominus Rex from people who don't seem to grasp that the entire reason for its creation was to give Universal its own "copyrighted" dinosaur.
Omg thats hilarious
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

CityRaptor

People really do not pay attention to dialogue...or really a lot of other stuff. Pretty sure that like everything Jurassic World refers to her as a hybrid.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Dinoxels

Yeah, it is absurd to call Jurassic World "toxic influence" when just referring to the Indom being mistaken as not a hybrid. It is stated several times in the film to be a hybrid. But anyway, if any of you need last minute looks at the new Safari Dinos, here you go:

(thanks again to the amazing people at Safari Ltd. for sending these out)
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

SidB

I've already ordered the Alberto and Zuul, but have held off on the "Nano". I think that I'm liking it more now.

Faelrin

You know, I never did catch this earlier, but that Zuul is really giving me Disney Dinosaur's Url vibes, and in a good way. Just looking incredibly adorable and wholesome, especially in your pic avatar_Dinoxels @Dinoxels.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

PrimevalRaptor

Great pictures, thanks for sharing! That Albertosaurus really is gorgeous.

Dilopho

For the UK is my best bet to wait for these to hit Everything Dinosaur?

ceratopsian

Yes, I would say so.

Quote from: Dilopho on August 23, 2022, 11:34:31 AMFor the UK is my best bet to wait for these to hit Everything Dinosaur?

Halichoeres

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 21, 2022, 05:20:08 AM
Quote from: Jose S.M. on August 21, 2022, 04:18:59 AM

I think so long as you order something, anything at all, they get a new expiration date?  I order about 3-4 times a year?

Well I suppose it's likely that next year's new releases will come out in less than a year, so maybe I'll be able to redeem some then.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Carnoking

Well, 3/6 have made it home.

Gotta be honest, I'm a little underwhelmed with the Zuul figure. The sculpt is top notch but for some reason the paint on mine seems a lot more flat than what reviews and early images led me to think it would be. Perhaps a decent repaint would take it up a notch .

That being said, I am pleasantly surprised by the Patagotitan even if I would still have preferred a more horizontal position to the neck. Regardless, seeing a Safari Ltd sauropod is like seeing an old friend that's been gone for too long, and the paint job is really nicely done on this one.

The Albertosaurus is the easy winner for me. The sculpt is killer, and even if I don't like the design of the colors on this one, the color scheme itself is great!

I'll probably be skipping the Nanotyrannus and Stigymoloch, so that just leaves the Cryolophosaurus. I  have a feeling this is one of those "best for last" situations.

Dusty Wren

Quote from: Carnoking on August 25, 2022, 09:45:35 PMGotta be honest, I'm a little underwhelmed with the Zuul figure. The sculpt is top notch but for some reason the paint on mine seems a lot more flat than what reviews and early images led me to think it would be. Perhaps a decent repaint would take it up a notch .

The factory paint jobs rarely do the sculpts on Safari figures justice. The minute I saw the promo photos for the Zuul, I thought, "Man, I can't wait to repaint that."
Check out my customs thread!

Flaffy

Quote from: Carnoking on August 25, 2022, 09:45:35 PMGotta be honest, I'm a little underwhelmed with the Zuul figure. The sculpt is top notch but for some reason the paint on mine seems a lot more flat than what reviews and early images led me to think it would be. Perhaps a decent repaint would take it up a notch .

Your copy seems to be particularly sloppily painted unfortunately. The eyes and beak in particular, which gives off the impression of a botched make-up job.

Not sure if it's the lighting or not, but the paint work on early review copies and the promo pics felt like they had more depth.

suspsy

I like the look, the colours, and the sculpting of the Zuul just fine. I'm excited to get it. My only disappointment is in its puniness. Zuul is the second largest known ankylosaur from North America after Ankylosaurus itself, with a length of six metres and an estimated mass of 2500 kg. But next to the Albertosaurus, this one looks like a juvenile.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Carnoking

Quote from: Flaffy on August 25, 2022, 11:28:29 PM

Your copy seems to be particularly sloppily painted unfortunately. The eyes and beak in particular, which gives off the impression of a botched make-up job.

Not sure if it's the lighting or not, but the paint work on early review copies and the promo pics felt like they had more depth.

I'm glad someone else sees it. I opened it up and just thought, huh, I think mine in missing some color compared to what I've seen

Blade-of-the-Moon

My Zuul is the same, lots of bright green. Seems to be missing a paint step?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: