You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

How these figures look together? [Comparison Thread]

Started by kreativtek, November 22, 2015, 07:46:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thialfi

Spoiler

[close]

I hope this works, avatar_SenSx @SenSx. Let me know if you want any specific shots!

SenSx

Thanks a lot for the quick help and shots Thialfi !
That Suchomimus is definitely larger than the Baryonyx, I don't know if it has the proper dimension for 1/35 but I guess it could do it for now.

Thialfi

Quote from: SenSx on September 04, 2022, 02:45:27 PMThanks a lot for the quick help and shots Thialfi !
That Suchomimus is definitely larger than the Baryonyx, I don't know if it has the proper dimension for 1/35 but I guess it could do it for now.

The shots might be a little deceptive, apologies, they are quite equal in terms of size!

SenSx

Yes ok thanks for the clarification indeed.

That makes me a bit hesitant.
I might still get it for now, but will we ever get a proper Suchomimus figure someday ?
I'm so sad Vitae did not release theirs

There are good resin kits, but the scale is way to high for me, so is the price...

Thialfi

I'd say for the price it's a decent figure. I share your hope of an updated, mass market suchomimus at some point, but until then I'd say would do well enough with this Safari one.

Halichoeres

By my estimates, the Baryonyx is about 1:30, and the Suchomimus is about 1:40, but I think it's pretty reasonable to suppose that they could each have existed at a size where the figures represent them at 1:35.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SenSx

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 04, 2022, 09:23:10 PMBy my estimates, the Baryonyx is about 1:30, and the Suchomimus is about 1:40, but I think it's pretty reasonable to suppose that they could each have existed at a size where the figures represent them at 1:35.

Ok thanks guys, I think I will eventually get it.

As for the Megalosaurus, I too want a bigger version but I think Collecta could release a Deluxe version, as they sometimes do.
I like their Megalosaurs better in hand than on the promo pics.

SidB

As an unsolicited pictorial comment on Safari's Baryonyx, I'll add some comparison images of Favorite's rather similar one. Superficially similar, the subtle and more obvious contrasts become obvious upon inspection. The Favorite, if available, becomes an entirely acceptable stand-in for Safari's.

Thialfi

Nice shots and comparison, I actually always kind of wondered about these two together. Thanks S @SidB!

SidB

Quote from: Thialfi on September 25, 2022, 12:29:23 AMNice shots and comparison, I actually always kind of wondered about these two together. Thanks S @SidB!
You're welcome. The Favorite sometimes is available on eBay or Brett may be able to get it from Japan.

Lynx

Does anyone have a comparison photo with the Safari LTD 2019 Stegosaurus and PNSOs newest one?

Thanks!
An oversized house cat.

Faelrin

avatar_Lynx @Lynx Perhaps avatar_triceratops83 @triceratops83 could help out, if not someone else? Seems like he has both in his collection thread (which is also worth taking a look).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Fembrogon

Quote from: 5aurophaganax on June 15, 2022, 02:19:51 PMCould anyone get me a shot of the PNSO Atopodentatus with either of the following?

Eofauna Triceratops
Eofauna Deinotherium
PNSO Borealopelta
PNSO Yutyrannus
GR Toys Dicraeosaurus
Safari Ichthyosaurus
Safari Deinonychus

Really, just with one of these would be fine. I like the PNSO Atopodentatus and I find it to be an interesting creature, but I'm fearing it's a bit bigger than I would like.

This is coming very late, since I don't check this thread regularly; but hopefully these shots can still be useful:

Scaling preferences aside, the Atopodentatus is a beautiful figure and one of my favorites from PNSO, possibly even a favorite out of my whole collection. It's also one of the more affordable PNSO models, so it's a bargain of a model, if I do say so myself!

Concavenator

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon avatar_GojiraGuy1954 @GojiraGuy1954 answered already but thank you very much!!  ^-^ I wasn't sure because of its proportions issues but it's back on my wishlist again, it looks nice and it's an interesting creature. Plus, holding out for perfection on a creature like this might as well be the same as giving up on it.

triceratops83

Quote from: Lynx on November 08, 2022, 02:13:34 PMDoes anyone have a comparison photo with the Safari LTD 2019 Stegosaurus and PNSOs newest one?

Thanks!

Sorry for the late reply avatar_Lynx @Lynx avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin - even though I visit the forum at least once a day, I rarely sign in and missed the alert. But here you go.

In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Fembrogon

I don't remember if this was ever specifically requested, but I recall someone inquiring about the size of PNSO's Deinocheirus; so here're a couple of shots of Jacques along side the Collecta Deluxe version:

Jacques is the more robust of the two, but otherwise they're the same scale. Honestly I think they pair pretty well!

SidB

I'm a bit tempted to acquire this CollectA delux one ... but that base sure would need sprucing up.

SenSx

Hello,

can anyone provide a comparison between the PNSO Kronosaurus and the Collecta Deluxe Pliosaurus please ?

Thanks

JimoAi

Hi, may anyone provide comparison pics of the 2018 Safari LTD Triceratops and the Eofauna Triceratops?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: