News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

KeU's Dinosaurs

Started by KeU, December 29, 2016, 04:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

It is larger than I thought, as it can be compared in size almost on equal terms with the Giganotosaurus of Vitae. It is a high quality figure. Honestly, Rebor surprises me more every day from a positive point of view.

SidB

Quote from: KeU on June 10, 2022, 08:43:46 PM
Quote from: SidB on June 10, 2022, 05:11:03 PMNot quite, I wish. In one email, Aliwxpress acknowledged that the order was a "delivery failed." On the dispute judgement for a refund, they pronounced that there was "no refund ", because they said that the order was delivered. This was after three long conversations with their dispute department.
What the heck.
Forcing the customer to pay because of circumstances outside of their control.
I hope they will refund ya.
I used to buy from Aliexpress for the earlier figures.
These days I go with Amazon since the prices are similar.
And Amazon has free prime shipping.

Sorry for the late reply, just noticed your reponse. Nope - no refund. Since I've just lost all my savings that I'd accumulated previously on Aliexpress, I'll switch my source to one that will be coherent in their responses. The problem arose and arises when shipment is done through delivery companies rather than the post. The post is more expensive, but far more dependable in my experience.

SidB

Quote from: Concavenator on June 12, 2022, 04:33:57 PMThat Acrocanthosaurus is very nice. I definitely want it, but I can only hope it won't have a sloppy paintjob by the time I get around to it (which probably won't be very soon).

S @SidB that totally sucks. Will you still be getting this Acro?

Also, avatar_KeU @KeU

Quote from: KeU on June 10, 2022, 03:33:01 AMNow, did someone mention Suchomimus?

Check out this post by avatar_Faras @Faras

Quote from: Faras on May 26, 2022, 03:47:44 PMHmm I'd take Paleofiguras' rumours with a grain of salt, as I don't know if all info (namely ichthyosaur and plesiosaur in this case) came from trusted source.

Meanwhile the Chinese forum moderator who posed previous list wrote some stuffs in WeChat group:

Sauropods (no clue of the scales as he didn't ask)
Lingwulong
Suchomimus

Again, just *rumours* ;)

Again, apologies for the tardiness of my response, avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator . Yes, I re-ordered Fergus, this time from Dan's. Got to my door successfully. It was too good to pass up. Thanks for asking!

Concavenator

Good to know you finally got it, S @SidB , just thought it would be a pity to lose such a good figure only due to a bad shipping experience. Enjoy it!

Also avatar_KeU @KeU congrats on the new Rebor Tyrannosaurus, easily their best piece yet, imo.

KeU

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 05, 2022, 12:55:34 PMOut of curiosity, what's your opinion on the figure that the Suchomimus rumor seems to have been based on?
Short answer, disappointed.
The Sinopliosaurus has a great sculpt but it doesn't really fits as a Siamosaurus or Suchomimus.
That's is why I skipped on it.

Quote from: JohannesB on September 05, 2022, 03:41:04 PMThose proportions look nice. Did you use a 50mm lens? It is best suited for showing the real proportions, because it shows the world the same way as we see it with our own eye(s) (so without the distortion you get with wide angle or tele lenses). But you probably already know.
Actually I don't. Not really a photography person.
I just used my Galaxy S10 phone camera.
I learn something new today, thank you.

KeU

Quote from: SidB on September 06, 2022, 01:19:01 PMSorry for the late reply, just noticed your reponse. Nope - no refund. Since I've just lost all my savings that I'd accumulated previously on Aliexpress, I'll switch my source to one that will be coherent in their responses. The problem arose and arises when shipment is done through delivery companies rather than the post. The post is more expensive, but far more dependable in my experience.
Again, apologies for the tardiness of my response, avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator . Yes, I re-ordered Fergus, this time from Dan's. Got to my door successfully. It was too good to pass up. Thanks for asking!
Happy to hear that you did eventually get the Acrocanthosaurus.
The lack of accountability is the main reason I try to limit my purchases from Aliexpress.
Granted, I had no issue from my previous purchases.
But I rather be safe than sorry.

Quote from: Concavenator on September 06, 2022, 04:25:37 PMAlso congrats on the new Rebor Tyrannosaurus, easily their best piece yet, imo.
Thank you!

KeU

Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 06, 2022, 08:17:22 AMIt is larger than I thought, as it can be compared in size almost on equal terms with the Giganotosaurus of Vitae. It is a high quality figure. Honestly, Rebor surprises me more every day from a positive point of view.
I would say Kiss is larger than the Vitae Giga.
It just has shorter legs.

SidB

Quote from: KeU on September 06, 2022, 05:54:15 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 06, 2022, 08:17:22 AMIt is larger than I thought, as it can be compared in size almost on equal terms with the Giganotosaurus of Vitae. It is a high quality figure. Honestly, Rebor surprises me more every day from a positive point of view.
I would say Kiss is larger than the Vitae Giga.
It just has shorter legs.
That seems to be an apt comparison. When 'Kiss' arrives, I may display it next to my Vitae Giga. After years of 1/35- 1/40 display dioramas, 1/30- 1/32 scale does seem 'jumbo' sized.

KeU

Wow, I have been gone for awhile.
Work has moved me more than halfway across the country.
Out of Iowa and into the Bay Area.
With the move still fresh in my mind, I had some shifts in priority in terms of collection.
Just between my wife and myself, we had more than 300 boxes!
Still, the temptation of a new genus was enough to break out the wallet.
And even more importantly, bump it up the buy list ahead of the Suchomimus!
With Amazon waving a 15% discount at me along with the unused Amazon points, I decide to pull the trigger on Mungo the Meraxes.
And I was not disappointed.
Of course, I did some touch ups. Add more blue hues on his flanks, red highlighting on the head, some dry brushing on the under side to bring out the scale details. Painted the claws and teeth. And more gloss in the wet areas.

The highlight for me was definitely the feet.
With his enlarged 2nd toe claw.

It feels like PNSO has definitely improved on the paint application.
There is a lot of fades of blues and greys, along with pinkish hues.
Mungo definitely stands out from the sea of PNSO browns.
I do noticed some loss of sculpt details on my copy.
A flat area with no scales towards the rear of mandible.

Paint scuffs and shallow detailing in the hip area.

These are only an issue if you look really closely and know where to look.
Definitely of no concern when viewing from a shelf.
It is great PNSO is able to get a Meraxes out that quickly. With such a lovely color scheme to boot.
Definitely hit all the checkmarks for me.
Some size comparisons.

Perhaps not skip leg day too much Mungo, your legs are quite spindly compared to the other theropods.
Some shots with fellow Carcharodontosauridae relatives.

My current lineup of not quite the largest but still very big Theropods.

Bread

Glad to not only see your return, but your collection thread expanding again!
I've always admired your improvements, especially this Meraxes.

Do you mind if I also take this approach when adding lips to Meraxes? The addition of the red crest to contrast the blue mainly.

KeU

Quote from: Bread on June 05, 2023, 03:57:40 AMGlad to not only see your return, but your collection thread expanding again!
I've always admired your improvements, especially this Meraxes.
Do you mind if I also take this approach when adding lips to Meraxes? The addition of the red crest to contrast the blue mainly.
Thank you thank you.
Glad you liked the touch ups.
I would love if you made use of the red crest idea.
Can't wait to see how yours turn out.

KeU

1 more purchase to take advantage of the 15% coupon on Amazon and points.
I had been talking about getting the Suchomimus for a while now, and today's the day when I get it in.
I was really satisfied with how the paint apps on the figure is, I only had to do the bare minimum of touch ups.
Mainly on the crest, underbelly, feet, and arms. And a wee bit around the head.

Given how slender Thabo's face is, I am really impressed how much details PNSO was able to packed into it.
But mine came in a little warped. And the crest was lope sided.

Not sure how I feel about the teeth jutting out so much from the jaws.
Regardless, the head of the figure is definitely a highlight.
So are his impressive set of arms and claws.

Those will make short work of any fish prey or intruders foolish enough to mess with Thabo.
Finally, some size comparison to show how he displays with other PNSO Theropods.

KeU

I was able to spend time doing more paint touch ups on some of my PNSO pieces.
Here are the fruits of my labor.

More dry brushing on Mungo to highlight the sculpt details.

Added a brown wash on Thabo to make it feel like he spent the day wallowing in mud.

Some older pieces.
The good ol' Lucas got a mottled yellow patterning.

And Essien 1.0 finally got a paint job that looks more like the box art.

Bread

Your touch ups improve the sculpts tremendously. Highlights the detail and shows off the impressive sculpt work by PNSO. Well done!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.