News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva’s Cyberzoic Series

Started by suspsy, September 24, 2021, 04:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

Now I really want a BotM Hippodraco...

"Today we have a full package art reveal for the upcoming Beasts of the Mesozoic Utahraptor, by Gabriel Ugueto!
And for those wondering- the little critter being cased is a juvenile Hippodraco." - David

Faelrin

Turning out so lovely. Can't wait to get it.

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy Also thanks for sharing that package art. Really can't wait for this one too.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Sim

This package art is great!  I'm looking forward to having a BotM Utahraptor very much!  It's so good that David is making many prehistoric animals into great action figures, in my case I particularly appreciate the dromaeosaurids.  Velociraptor, Utahraptor, Deinonychus... having all of them will be so satisfying!

suspsy

I like that the Utahraptor is pursuing a small prey animal as opposed to duking it out with an ankylosaur or a brachiosaur. If it was, then people would be immediately assuming that said herbivore is going to show up in BotM/Cyberzoic.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Pliosaurking

Beautiful artwork, I can't wait to get this figure!

Eocarcharia

Quote from: Creative Beast StudioMore Cyberzoic world-building today with a look at the deep underground water mines of the Desert Clan!

'While solar energy may be abundant in the desert regions, the water is scarce and is often traded on the surface as a form of currency. These rare water mines determine the locations and wealth of the largest subterranean settlements, owned by the most powerful clan leaders. Despite being heavily guarded, however, surface dwellers attempt organized water heists on a regular basis, each side causing the other to upgrade their methods. It is no secret that this imbalance of resources within the Desert Clan could soon lead to an all out civil war between the surface towns and underground cities.'

Concept art by Raph Lomotan

Did anyone else think it was the Water Clan for a moment before reading the text?

And are those Iguanodons I see? :o

Faelrin

Maybe it's just because I've been playing it a lot lately, but the first pic gave me real Subnautica vibes. In any case I do hope we get marine animals in this line some day.

Also yes I think that is an Iguanodon. Wasn't it also in another one of the concept arts?

Sim

Yes, I too thought it was the first glimpse at the water clan before reading the text.  And I too think the dinosaur shown is Iguanodon, you can see a thumb spike on the one closest to the bank.  I also spotted some dinosaurs that could be Iguanodon in the images below:

Quote from: Sim on September 03, 2022, 03:28:06 PM
I wonder what the quadrupedal dinosaurs are.  Iguanodon perhaps?

I wonder what the flying animals here are?  And I just noticed there are what seem to be dinosaur species in the distance too, I wonder what they are.

Since there are alien fish now, maybe the flying animals in previous images are aliens too and not pterosaurs?  I know there's been one or two images with flying dragons in them.

Faelrin

David did confirm it was in fact Iguanodon in a question I asked on instagram. He made sure to clarify it was not an announcement for a figure however. Just that it is part of the story/lore.

I do hope someday we'll see it, but that will probably be a ways off anyhow with the rest of the roster that was announced, waiting to be finished first.

suspsy

Gotta be honest, I'm way more keen to learn about the Water Clan.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Pliosaurking

Quote from: suspsy on September 17, 2022, 12:29:08 PMGotta be honest, I'm way more keen to learn about the Water Clan.
As am I

Halichoeres

Huh, wasn't expecting fictional sea creatures, but if there are dragons, why not?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Flaffy on September 14, 2022, 09:19:19 PMNow I really want a BotM Hippodraco...

"Today we have a full package art reveal for the upcoming Beasts of the Mesozoic Utahraptor, by Gabriel Ugueto!
And for those wondering- the little critter being cased is a juvenile Hippodraco." - David

I would love a figure of a Hippodraco actually, what are the chances of that ever happening?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Eocarcharia

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on September 18, 2022, 01:20:14 AM
Quote from: Flaffy on September 14, 2022, 09:19:19 PMNow I really want a BotM Hippodraco...

I would love a figure of a Hippodraco actually, what are the chances of that ever happening?

Probably decent, if you can wait about 5-10 years.

Sim

Quote from: Faelrin on September 16, 2022, 08:30:54 PMDavid did confirm it was in fact Iguanodon in a question I asked on instagram. He made sure to clarify it was not an announcement for a figure however. Just that it is part of the story/lore.

I do hope someday we'll see it, but that will probably be a ways off anyhow with the rest of the roster that was announced, waiting to be finished first.

I hope Iguanodon will be made for Cyberzoic 'series 2'.  I'd like to have it.  It's an interesting and popular dinosaur, figures of it making the number one spot in our top ten figures polls for 2016 and 2018.  It's also a member of some interesting formations and would go well with the BotM Eotyrannus and hopefully Baryonyx.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Eocarcharia on September 18, 2022, 01:45:04 PM
Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on September 18, 2022, 01:20:14 AM

Probably decent, if you can wait about 5-10 years.

I'd buy that. Small ornithopods are pretty close to invisible to toy manufacturers.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

EmperorDinobot

Eocarcharia

Quote from: Creative Beast StudioFollowing up on the recent reveal of the Allosaurus fragilis sculpt- here's the first look at the Beasts of the Mesozoic Allosaurus jimmadseni, once again by Jake Baardse! This will share the same body as A. fragilis, but will feature a different head and neck. There will also be a Cyberzoic release as well.

Flaffy

I think I prefer the Allosaurus jimmadseni sculpt over A. fragilis.

Pliosaurking

I much perfer this sculpt over the A. Fragilis

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: