News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo new for 2022

Started by Takama, November 10, 2021, 04:57:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpartanSquat

So Krono and Mosa are christmas releases like the not so limited spino?

Ivántirrophus

Quote from: RolandEden on October 03, 2022, 08:19:53 PMOne friend in one server friend in discord found this fella.

Is it a legit Papo? It looks awesome!!😀

Some news about papo mosasaurus?

Kapitaenosavrvs

Really interesting. The "Mosasaurus" and the Krono are really different in sculpting style and overall quality. We'll see. Thanks for showing :) It is still a bit Papoesk, but def. reminds me of a Papoversion of the PNSO Krono.

SpartanSquat

But at the same time the models looks like were sculpted by the same dude from korea

SidB

Quote from: Faelrin on October 03, 2022, 10:51:17 PMNot bad, although the posture of the flippers bugs me, but I guess it was done for stability reasons. This and the Mosasaurus are definitely the highlights of their minimal releases this year, and honestly I think both of these are a massive step up from their previous marine reptiles (the Plesiosaurus and Tylosaurus).
Encouraging. Seems that Papo and Mesozoic creatures are still a going concern.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Wow..impressed. Haven't bought a papo since the spinosaurus.

PrimevalRaptor

Definitely seems like the sculptor of the Mosasaurus (still waiting for this one) is behind this too. Gonna have to hold out for more pics to see how papo-y the pose is (i.e how anatomically possible it is) but in itself this guy looks pretty neat, the barnacles are a great touch and I like the subtle spots.

GiganotosaurusFan

Isn't it funny that now people are comparing Papo to bad when just months ago, people were extraordinarily disappointed but still thought that Papo was still a good company?
God, do people's opinions change quickly!
Any Giganotosauruses are friends. Any other carnivores are...I think I'll run now.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: GiganotosaurusFan on October 05, 2022, 02:31:04 AMIsn't it funny that now people are comparing Papo to bad when just months ago, people were extraordinarily disappointed but still thought that Papo was still a good company?
God, do people's opinions change quickly!
Welcome to the modern world...

Eatmycar

Finally. This looks really good! I'm not collecting figures unless they're articulated(Jurassic and BoTM), but seeing a company I thought was doomed for mediocrity come back with such a good sculpt is so exciting.

Halichoeres

Quintessential Papo: a genuinely impressive level of detail and intricate paint work. But the pose is of an animal in extremis, and the detail shows textures that likely didn't exist. Large, seagoing animals don't usually profit from being all knobbly.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

bmathison1972

Quote from: suspsy on October 03, 2022, 04:57:16 PMKronosaurus. I'm assuming this is a 2023 release. Doesn't look too bad.

This is supposed to be a late 2022 release; it was announced early on, but the promotional photos only recently came out. Whether we see it in 2022 is another story...

Loon

I love how the kronosaurus looks like a dog who's very happy that it's getting scratched.

suspsy

Might as well post this here too: Everything Dinosaur just announced that the Mosasaurus and the Kronosaurus will now be 2023 toys, coming out in Q1 and Q3 respectively.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Takama

The two Marine Reptiles Were Removed from the first post as they were not 2022 releases after all

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.