News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna: New for 2022

Started by suspsy, October 13, 2021, 05:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

I find it a bit unfortunate that the Diplodocus already suffers from this easily avoidable issue. Hopefully my copy won't have paint scuffs when I get it, but seeing how many reports of such instances, I'm not holding my breath.

Over9K

The shipping box for my Dippy and Konobelodon was absolutely wrecked when it got here, and the UPS guy insisted I immediately open it and make sure the contents were ok. Other than a small paint rub on Dippy's muzzle, everything was fine. I'll get out my brown wash and fix that paint rub soon...

GojiraGuy1954

I really hope EoFauna's next proboscidean is something basal or a furry elephant. They have no basal elephants and only one elephant with large amounts of hair, their Steppe Mammoth.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Darko2300

How is Everything Dinosaur for shipments to the US? Would International Tracked and Signed be faster than ParcelForce? 🤔 Sometimes the more expensive option isn't necessarily the faster one.

Concavenator

avatar_Darko2300 @Darko2300 Dan's Dinosaurs also carries Eofauna stuff, and they're US based. Just saying, shipping costs would surely be lower there, in your case.

Over9K

Quote from: Darko2300 on June 19, 2022, 06:28:40 PMHow is Everything Dinosaur for shipments to the US? Would International Tracked and Signed be faster than ParcelForce? 🤔 Sometimes the more expensive option isn't necessarily the faster one.

As Concavenator says Dan's Dinosaurs carries EoFauna.

There is also DeJankins.com. I've bought from them a few times, mostly retired Safari and Collecta stuff. They're Nice folks to deal with.

Darko2300

Thank you both. My question was more general than just EoFauna figures, but I'll certainly hit up DeJankins for domestically available things.

SidB

In the flurry of excitement over the arrival of the Diplodocus, their Konobelodon can get forgotten. Looking over mine, recently acquired from Dans, I was impressed with its quality , as good as or better than its predecessors in the Eofauna line-up. I had also been comparing it to the CollectA Gomphotherium, probally their best proboscidean to date, IMO.
Now CollectA's 1/40 scale line is notable for widely differing scales, of course. A quick measurement of the Gomphotherium showed it to be quite close to 1/32, which is reasonably close to the Konobelodon's 1/35.  They make a great pair displayed together:

CARN0TAURUS

I take it there has been no news on their new Tyrannosaur yet?

Halichoeres

My Diplodocus came from DeJankins and was scuff-free!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

dinofelid

Quote from: SidB on July 27, 2022, 04:04:26 AMNow CollectA's 1/40 scale line is notable for widely differing scales, of course. A quick measurement of the Gomphotherium showed it to be quite close to 1/32, which is reasonably close to the Konobelodon's 1/35.

The CollectA page here says it was meant to be part of their 1/20 scale, but I guess it would depend on which species we imagine the model as depicting--the wiki page here says most species were Asian elephant sized with one typical specimen of G. productum being 8 foot 3 inches high, but also says the largest species G. steinheimense had a specimen about 10.4 feet high. The review of the CollectA model here said it was about 4 inches tall at the top of the head, so for G. productum it would be around 1/25 scale, I guess you were assuming G. steinheimense when you said 1/32 scale? Searching on this forum, Flaffy did say here that the shorter jaw tusks might be a better match for G. steinheimense than other species.

edit: I see the CollectA page I linked at the beginning gives a more precise measure for its height: 9.2 cm or 3.62 inches. So in that case it would be 1/27 scale for G. productum and 1/34 scale for G. steinheimense.

SidB

D @dinofelid , 1/34  for G. steinheimense - that works for me. Thanks for the research. Also, you're quite right, it was listed  as part of the larger scale 1/20 collection by CollectA, not 1/40; I must have been suffering a brain spasm.

CARN0TAURUS

Has there been any news on the pending eofauna tyrannosaur?

suspsy

None. Probably won't be any till sometime next month—-if we're lucky.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Halichoeres

I think you can be sure that the moment EoFauna announces something on one of their social media channels, people will be racing here to share it.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Thialfi

SidB

Pliosaurking

Well that's promising!

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Pliosaurking on September 22, 2022, 01:46:54 PMWell that's promising!

I can't wait to see it but might it be time to start discussing this one on a 2023 release thread?

Bread

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on October 05, 2022, 03:19:42 PM
Quote from: Pliosaurking on September 22, 2022, 01:46:54 PMWell that's promising!

I can't wait to see it but might it be time to start discussing this one on a 2023 release thread?
We should get the reveals of the figure soon. Being that they released images around this time last year (october 2021) and the figure was released the following year around March 2022. So I do agree, 2023 should be the anticipated release of this figure.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: