News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Bread’s Newly Acquired Customs

Started by Bread, August 29, 2022, 05:05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

Quote from: Bread on November 04, 2022, 12:32:32 AMTypically for models such as PP Tyrannosaurus and Acrocanthosaurus, they are $80. It really depends on the model though. For example, the Yutyrannus was $60, if I recall correctly, since it was slightly smaller.

He is open to commissions but I know there is a waitlist, also don't be afraid to message him on instagram! He is very kind and easy to communicate with. He will provide you the price based on the size of the model(s).

Note: The prices I have mentioned do not include the models themselves, nor shipping. Shipping can be an additional $40, for US as far as I know.

Oof that's quite spendy. Worth it though if I wanted a really special figure to be repainted / built-up (does anyone know if Sean Cooper still sells his Estemmenosuchus?), but not something I can casually shell out for unfortunately. :'(

I'll admire these works of art from afar for now.

Bread

It is quite an expense, but I tell you this. With the amount of time it takes for the model to be prepared, buildups, and paint application process, it allows me to acquire or set aside the money before hand.

Dinosaur_models_artworks, artbyanz, are two artists I know of (so far) that don't require full payment until all is finished and approved by customer.

Artbyanz requires a down payment but that is fully understandable. I even recommended Dinosaur_models_artworks to do the same because sometimes you never know with clients loyalty. ::)

For example, I have had three of models (the PP Tyrannosaurus, PNSO Acrocanthosaurus, and another one which will be revealed soon) being in the process and holding for about 2 months now. The Acrocanthosaurus was done early on but I requested a hold due to the addition of two more models which would save me money on shipping. So again, I would say it is an expensive but with the time the customer has is a huge benefit and surplus to having these done.

I want to also note that Dinosaur_models_artworks completed the PP Tyrannosaurus in about one week but was on and off again with projects. Again, I was slipped into his list of orders due to my previous work being done by him >:D

More info regarding artist, artbyanz finishes her projects pretty quick. I have a few being done right now, smaller models of course, but again, 2 weeks allows a good viability to be prepared for the payment due.

Edit: This is in response to avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy

Bread

As shared by avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy, I was the one who had an instagram artist, dinosaur_models_artworks assemble and paint up Paleokhris' Prehistoric Planet Tyrannosaurus.

Well, not only did I have him paint up the Tyrannosaurus, but I also had the Pholiderpeton that Paleokrhis offers.

The nice and high quality pictures are dinosaur_models_artworks, the lower quality and comparisons are mine. They arrived today! Enjoy! ;D

Since I am able to work from home time to time, I have my desk where this will be its side setup for now, few of my favorites. I have another model by Anz showing up soon, so stay toon ;)

Concavenator

I bet your collection must be a joy to see with all those great and beautifully painted models, have you thought about showing it?  ^-^

Stegotyranno420

You are a lucky man...
These are such amazing figurines.

SidB

Your show continues to be remarkable.

Bread

Thank you everyone! I enjoy reading your comments. :))

Quote from: 5aurophaganax on November 09, 2022, 10:34:26 PMI bet your collection must be a joy to see with all those great and beautifully painted models, have you thought about showing it?  ^-^
It's funny you mention that, I will soon be taking a group shot and showing off the shelf once I acquire the last few I have being painted up.

postsaurischian

:D This is now one of the most beautiful Tyrannosaurus figures I've ever seen!
     dinosaur_models_artworks has done an amazing job. If he'd work in Europe, I would like to contact him immediately.
     Also the Pholiderpeton - wonderful colours. Congratulations! Some true gems in your collections.

SidB

This is the equivalent of a Garratised T- rex. Truly outstanding!

ceratopsian

That is an exceptional paint job on the Tyrannosaurus. And the Pholiderpeton is an absolute gem. Congratulations on these acquisitions.

Ludodactylus

The Pholiderpeton looks alive. That's incredible.
"The most popular exhibits in any natural history museum are, without doubt, the dinosaurs. These creatures' popularity grows each year, partly because of the recent resurgence of dinosaur movies, but also because a skeleton of a full-sized Tyrannosaurus rex still has the ability, even 65 million years after its death, to chill us to the bone." - Ray Harryhausen

Bread

Thanks again everyone! Glad you enjoyed!

Quote from: postsaurischian on November 11, 2022, 04:18:49 PM:D This is now one of the most beautiful Tyrannosaurus figures I've ever seen!
     dinosaur_models_artworks has done an amazing job. If he'd work in Europe, I would like to contact him immediately.
     Also the Pholiderpeton - wonderful colours. Congratulations! Some true gems in your collections.
Thank you! I am a big fan of your collection. You too have some beautiful customs.

Yeah, dinosaur_models_artworks is located in Spain. His shipping is reasonable for overseas, has only ever been $40, but I can see why that is an issue. Plus getting the models to him can be an issue with custom fees.

Quote from: SidB on November 11, 2022, 04:44:50 PMThis is the equivalent of a Garratised T- rex. Truly outstanding!
dinosaur_models_artworks does an amazing job! Like Martin, it's like they time travel back to the prehistoric era!

Also, I'd love to have some pieces done by Martin, I've always seen his work but never approached him about doing some up for me. We'll see in the future. ;D

Halichoeres

The paint work on the Pholiderpeton is phenomenal. Do you know if the artist had to do any sanding?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Bread

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 13, 2022, 05:59:27 PMThe paint work on the Pholiderpeton is phenomenal. Do you know if the artist had to do any sanding?
Not sure if the artist sanded this model or any other models in general. I know with shapeways models, a wash is needed to get rid of the plastic "dust" left from production.

I know you have one of Paleokhris' models, did you have to do any sanding or washing once acquired?

Duck

These are so cool!! If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost for the Acrocanthosaurus comission?
He who dwells in pond

Halichoeres

Quote from: Bread on November 13, 2022, 06:38:18 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on November 13, 2022, 05:59:27 PMThe paint work on the Pholiderpeton is phenomenal. Do you know if the artist had to do any sanding?
Not sure if the artist sanded this model or any other models in general. I know with shapeways models, a wash is needed to get rid of the plastic "dust" left from production.

I know you have one of Paleokhris' models, did you have to do any sanding or washing once acquired?

I haven't painted them yet, but the Onchopristis (which I bought through Shapeways) will require a wash and some very targeted sanding. I'll wash the Onychodus (bought direct), and there will need to be some patching at the joint, but I don't think it will need to be sanded.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Bread

Quote from: Duck on November 14, 2022, 12:03:03 AMThese are so cool!! If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost for the Acrocanthosaurus comission?
I don't mind at all. ^-^
The Acrocanthosaurus was $80, this included the addition of lips and a full repaint.

This does not include shipping. Shipping is an additional ~$40.

Bread

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 14, 2022, 10:13:06 PM
Quote from: Bread on November 13, 2022, 06:38:18 PM

I haven't painted them yet, but the Onchopristis (which I bought through Shapeways) will require a wash and some very targeted sanding. I'll wash the Onychodus (bought direct), and there will need to be some patching at the joint, but I don't think it will need to be sanded.
Sounds good! I'll keep an eye out for your post on those.

Also, how long ago did you purchase the Onchopristis?

I've discussed with Paleokhris about his models, and he has told me that outdated or once thought to be reconstructions or anatomy changes do lead him to not print or sell widely some of his 3D models. He has a Triceratops that is outdated to which he does not list on his page anymore. Although he is open to printing models as a request if he has the files.

Duck

Quote from: Bread on November 15, 2022, 03:35:14 AM
Quote from: Duck on November 14, 2022, 12:03:03 AMThese are so cool!! If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost for the Acrocanthosaurus comission?
I don't mind at all. ^-^
The Acrocanthosaurus was $80, this included the addition of lips and a full repaint.

This does not include shipping. Shipping is an additional ~$40.

Ok, thanks! I'm really considering getting one of mine redone after seeing your great results.
He who dwells in pond

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: