You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

How these figures look together? [Comparison Thread]

Started by kreativtek, November 22, 2015, 07:46:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leyster

avatar_JimoAi @JimoAi pictures not mine, saved months ago so idk the source, perhaps someone on Baidu or Facebook or even this forum.

"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

JimoAi

Quote from: Leyster on November 19, 2022, 03:10:36 PMavatar_JimoAi @JimoAi pictures not mine, saved months ago so idk the source, perhaps someone on Baidu or Facebook or even this forum.

Ah thanks! Is by any chance the Eofauna one slightly longer?

Halichoeres

Quote from: SenSx on November 19, 2022, 01:25:44 PMHello,

can anyone provide a comparison between the PNSO Kronosaurus and the Collecta Deluxe Pliosaurus please ?

Thanks

I'm afraid I don't have the PNSO Krono, but here's the Pliosaurus with an assortment of other marine reptiles. Maybe by bumping this someone with both will see it and furnish a more useful photo.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SenSx

Thanks  Halichoeres, I was wondering the size difference between the PNSO Kronosaurus and the Collecta  Pliosaurus.
As I wanted to use the Kronosaurus as if it was a Pliosaurus, I like the PNSO Kronosaurus much more.

What is the the big Ichthyosaurus figure on your pic please ?
I'm looking for one that could make a good  Shastasaurus.

Remko

Quote from: SenSx on November 21, 2022, 06:20:49 PMWhat is the the big Ichthyosaurus figure on your pic please ?
I'm looking for one that could make a good  Shastasaurus.

That's the infamous Schleich Shonisaurus.
It's very rare, and highly inaccurate, but also the very first figure of that species.

I'm having my eye on one for sale at a Dutch site, will be perfect to accommodate the Schleich Kronosaurus.

Concavenator

Halichoeres

avatar_SenSx @SenSx yep that's the Schleich Shonisaurus:

What it lacks in accuracy it makes up for in offensive capability. You could really hurt someone.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

SidB

The Safari "Nanotyrannus" just arrived (it's a juvenile T-rex), meant, I gather, to go with the new Dino Dana feathered rex. The problem, of course, is that the older justification for the two together is reversed - it's the juvenile that should be feathered, potentially, not the adult. So the unfeathered youngster really needs a new companion (I hope that Safari gets around to a resculpt of it's adult rex to a non-feathered version at some point). But there is an 'inhouse' solution at hand - the 10th anniversary Carnegie Safari Tyrannosaurus: compatible color scheme, unfeathered, and a good figure for its time. Below is ultimate, final version (third mold, second version, I believe) with all its glitches corrected and sporting a mouthful of sharp teeth:

First comparison -no:

Second comparison -no:

Third, YES!:

Leyster

"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

JimoAi

Anyone has the colorata pteranodon and the Safari ltd 2019? Pteranodon

Halichoeres

avatar_JimoAi @JimoAi I no longer own the Colorata Pteranodon, so I can't take a photo, but it's a bit more than half the length and height of the Safari, in case that helps. It would be around 1:30 scale.

JimoAi

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 11, 2023, 02:27:15 PMavatar_JimoAi @JimoAi I no longer own the Colorata Pteranodon, so I can't take a photo, but it's a bit more than half the length and height of the Safari, in case that helps. It would be around 1:30 scale.
It does! I've purchased it too recently.

Anything jarringly wrong with the colorate pteranodon?

Fembrogon

The Colorata figurine lacks the gentle upwards curvature often depicted in the beak, but since that's technically only confirmed for Geosternbergia, and the figurine is of P. ingens, I think it's generally fine.

Faelrin

No one asked for these, but thought I would provide them anyways. Play Visions Prehistoric Amphibians set with Mattel Extreme Damage Dimetrodon, Kaiyodo Thylacosmilus & Ornithomimus, PNSO Deinocheirus, and Rebor T. rex & Deinonychus. Just some of the few figures I happen to still have on hand, with mostly everything in storage now. Hope this helps folks out get an idea of their tiny sizes.

Unfortunately I don't have any of my Kaiyodo figures on hand with them all in storage atm (pre-2022 releases), such as my Acanthostega, Diplocaulus, Eryops, and Ichthyostega to compare them with. At least they are around the same size give or take, so they should display and fit alongside them very well.

Also unless I missed it, but I do happen to also have a request. Does anyone have both the Safari Ltd Baryonyx with the new PNSO Suchomimus?

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

SenSx

Hello,

Does anyone have comparaison shots of the new PNSO Suchomimus and the Safari Baryonyx ?

I'm surprised no one compared them on the video reviews,

Thanks

SidB

avatar_SenSx @SenSx , here's an image of, left to right, of the Safari Baryonyx, the PNSO Suchomimus and the Favorite Baryonyx, taken in the dim morning light of an overcast day. Wish it was better.

Faelrin

avatar_SenSx @SenSx Funny, I asked for the same thing in my earlier post.

S @SidB Thanks for the shot of all of these, and with the Favorite Baryonyx as well. They look all around the same size, so I'm guessing not in scale then?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Concavenator

Would like to see these:

PNSO Suchomimus and Acrocanthosaurus with either: CollectA Megalosaurus, Carnegie Concavenator or Safari Coelophysis.

PNSO Deinocheirus with either: Safari Anzu or Carnegie Beipiaosaurus.

In the meantime, here's a comparison no one requested but that maybe you will find useful:

BotM Yutyrannus with PNSO Yutyrannus (from Baidu):

SidB

Quote from: Faelrin on January 17, 2023, 10:12:35 PMavatar_SenSx @SenSx Funny, I asked for the same thing in my earlier post.

S @SidB Thanks for the shot of all of these, and with the Favorite Baryonyx as well. They look all around the same size, so I'm guessing not in scale then?
Yes, appearance is not deceiving, they are pretty similar size-wise (though the Suchomimus' tail is noticeably longer).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: