News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

TooOldForDinosaurs' Collection

Started by TooOldForDinosaurs, February 18, 2022, 09:43:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TooOldForDinosaurs

TooOldForDinosaurs

Every time a dust-off and cleaning session is due, I use the opportunity to rearrange my displays. Today was such a time and I've found a solution that I like a lot better than before. I've reduced the number of figures on my desk, freed a whole shelf for more room and managed to put some figures up for display, that were stored away before. I thought I'd show off my new arrangements.

My desk hosts my custom figures, most of my sauropods and some other (mostly PNSO and Nanmu) herbivores:

My book shelf is filled with most of my Carnegies, Toyways and Invictas and the top holds my prehisotric mammals:

The "tower-shelf" is home to my pod of Toyway Ophthalmosauri, a few more Papo figures, a few theropods (which I don't own many of anyways) and my prehistoric amphibians (with the exception of the Paratypothorax):

I removed my Battat collection from my desk because I'm currently on the lookout for a separate small shelf where those will be going and because I need more room anyway. One sauropod piece I'm overly excited for to join my desk display (hopefully very soon) is the Nanmu Shunosaurus family scene (see spoiler).
Spoiler
[close]
I've dreamt of getting this diorama from the moment I first layed my eyes on it but it was always too expensive to get (with shipping and all). Recently I stumbled over an AliExpress store that had a clearance sale on some pieces and ordered their last piece for just below 200$ instead of the regular ~265$ as a very early christmas gift to myself. This will be my most expensive figure in my collection and I really do hope nothing breaks on its way to me... Fingers crossed.

For anyone interested there is one other store called POP Shack Store which also has a single piece left for 200$.

SidB

Interesting assemblage! Remarkable the juxtaposition of the two "rhino's", the CollectA Elasmotherium and colosssl Itoy Paraceratherium. I periodically am tempted to get the latter, but keep waiting for a sale. Maybe two chances of that, slim and none.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: SidB on October 07, 2022, 04:55:34 PMInteresting assemblage! Remarkable the juxtaposition of the two "rhino's", the CollectA Elasmotherium and colosssl Itoy Paraceratherium. I periodically am tempted to get the latter, but keep waiting for a sale. Maybe two chances of that, slim and none.
Thanks! They go very well together, yes. Well who knows  :)  my best bet would also be to keep your eyes open for sales on the bigger AliExpress stores for dinosaur toys and collectibles.

ceratopsian

I enjoyed looking round your shelves.  For me the standout that grabs the attention is still the pod of Ophthalmosauri!  You have managed the display height of each one so carefully to give the most pleasing balance for the eye.  In fact, that corner set of shelves is an excellent use of space.

I hope your Shunosaurus group arrives safely!

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: ceratopsian on October 07, 2022, 06:26:36 PMI enjoyed looking round your shelves.  For me the standout that grabs the attention is still the pod of Ophthalmosauri!  You have managed the display height of each one so carefully to give the most pleasing balance for the eye.  In fact, that corner set of shelves is an excellent use of space.

I hope your Shunosaurus group arrives safely!
I appreciate your commendations. Those are definitely still the figures most dear to my heart. The shelf I chose for them is also at eye level when standing in front of it so not a day passes without giving them an admiring glimpse.

SidB

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on October 07, 2022, 05:02:45 PM
Quote from: SidB on October 07, 2022, 04:55:34 PMInteresting assemblage! Remarkable the juxtaposition of the two "rhino's", the CollectA Elasmotherium and colosssl Itoy Paraceratherium. I periodically am tempted to get the latter, but keep waiting for a sale. Maybe two chances of that, slim and none.
Thanks! They go very well together, yes. Well who knows  :)  my best bet would also be to keep your eyes open for sales on the bigger AliExpress stores for dinosaur toys and collectibles.
I won't give up - where there's life, there's hope!

Bokisaurus

Very nice, always good to switch things around. Your pod of WWD opthalmosaurus surely is an eye catching display!😃

Halichoeres

Nice setup! The corner bookcase works better than I would have expected. And the shelves not being too deep means nobody gets buried or hidden.

Is your desk under a skylight?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

TooOldForDinosaurs

B @Bokisaurus  ^-^

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres Thank you! Yes, my room is under the roof and theres a slope window right above my desk. :)

TooOldForDinosaurs

Thanks to avatar_BlueKrono @BlueKrono I was able to add this beautiful little fella to my collection; the Eikoh Miniature Planet Archelon. I love the color scheme and how much detail is packed into this small figure.

Halichoeres

That is a very cute little turtle. I ordered one myself but it got lost. One day I might try to replace it.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 24, 2022, 03:17:10 AMThat is a very cute little turtle. I ordered one myself but it got lost. One day I might try to replace it.
Its is. :) I'm sorry to hear that. That sucks. Fortunately I've never had something disappearing on its way yet.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 02, 2022, 05:13:44 PMWell, now they can square dance. You just need a caller.

Well, here he is. The caller to my squaredancing pod. The figure needs no further introduction. When I found a person selling a whole set of the Toyway WWD toys locally (which I couldn't believe at first), it did not take me long to decide if I should pick this guy up or not. Who am I to blame? If these figures weren't meant to be collected in excess to drown a whole shelf in them, then why do they look so good (together)?  :))

Halichoeres

They do look good as a pod. Congrats on your Ophthalmosaurus monopoly!

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 30, 2022, 10:26:02 PMThey do look good as a pod. Congrats on your Ophthalmosaurus monopoly!
8)  :))  :))

TooOldForDinosaurs

So finally it's here! The Nanmu Shunosaurus family scene. :o I've been filled with anticipation and impatience the whole last month for the arrival of this group.
First off: I won't be able to put it into words properly how incredible this display set is... This is by far the best Nanmu piece out there in my humble opinion and it deserves a lot more recognition. The paint job, the arrangement and especially the detailed sculpt on the individual figures are just mind-blowing. A lot of the time my photos don't do the figures justice. This is how it arrived:
Spoiler

[close]

The Shunosaurus family scene includes a mother with its baby plus alligator plus base plus decorations (mushroom and some moss). Lets start by showing off the base:

Simple but beautiful, I especially like water in any type of base. In the lying tree trunk there even is a small hole to stick the decorative and optional mushroom into. The footprints are also a nice touch. Theres a serial number on the underside of the base. Mine says 36. I don't know how many there are though, I've heard somewhere it's 300 - but i don't remember where I got this information from haha.

Next up: the gator. This thing is spectacular. The fact that it is only a add on to the actual figure is even more mind boggling. The detail of scultping can't be captured by my phone camera. Look at it's tiny little eyes (If you can identify them):

Now to the sauropod family. The baby looks kinda derpy but still cute. With its tail it almost looks like a reversed Rudolph.

And the mom... Just stunning. Now I know there are some anatomical flaws but believe me, when looking at the set as a whole you'll totally forget about them...

And of course the unmistakable tail club:

Cub with momma:

Lastly lets gaze at the set all put together:

Pliosaurking

I have been thinking about getting this set for a while... the only thing holding me back is the price unfortunately. I may still get it sooner or later.

TooOldForDinosaurs

I get that. It was the same for me until I found it on AliExpress for just below 200$. If you think about getting it definitely check on there for sales. Maybe there are still some pieces left (there were when I first posted about my order). If it weren't for that price reduction there this model would still be standing on my wishlist and not on my desk. I had a great experience with "Jurassic Zoo Store". After stating my concern that something may break on it's long way they even added some extra wrapping to the package.

Halichoeres

That's a great scene! I wish there had been more like it from Nanmu. Congrats on getting this (and intact despite the distance).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: