News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World (Various): New for 2022

Started by GojiraGuy1954, November 13, 2021, 10:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

The Einiosaurus continues to elude me. My local stores all seem to be a wave behind. I hope that doesn't mean they'll skip a wave.

Prehistory Resurrection

[deleted]

MLMjp

Two months ago I overpaid to get the extreme damage Atrociraptor thinking wave two of extreme damage wouldn't reach my country.

Present day, El Corte Ingles has plenty of them, as well as some Quilmesaurus and sometimes even a Pyroraptor.

And the Pyroraptor is looking better than the Kayla set one, which I imported also thinking the "hard to get" battle damage version also wouldn't reach my country.

I live in Spain but without the S.

suspsy

I still haven't come across the second wave of Roarivores in stores anywhere. That's Canadian distribution for you once again.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

ChrisW

Quote from: suspsy on December 20, 2022, 07:31:38 PMI still haven't come across the second wave of Roarivores in stores anywhere. That's Canadian distribution for you once again.

I've only ever seen them at Indigo/Chapters. Nothing at Walmart or Toys R Us.

Is it too late to hope for Ferocious Pack wave 3 in Canada? Nobody has them (though Walmart has listings on the app that are perpetually out of stock) and I am starting to think they will be skipped in favour of the 2023 products.

Faelrin

avatar_suspsy @suspsy Here in the US I've seen Wave 3 available in stores long before Wave 2 oddly, at least the few times I've checked the local Target stores in my area. Like I got the Liopleurodon last month, and the others were available long before that one was. Haven't particularly been keeping track of it, since I've been spacing my purchases to the beginning of the month.

avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi Other then the first wave I haven't had the luck with spotting any of the others (regarding the Ferocious packs figures). Granted I also haven't checked Walmart like since the spring maybe, where I got my Dsungipterus from I think?

While these are technically 2023 releases I guess, I have heard Rite Aids have been getting the new Dino Trackers wave already (Nothosaurus, etc). Maybe will check the next time I'm out for something (Thursday) since I have one pretty close to home, and another nearby I could check on the way home, assuming I remember.

Edit: avatar_MLMjp @MLMjp I've definitely done things like that in the past. I can relate to the costly pain of doing so (such as the BD Plesiosaurus, which showed up in stock online on Walmart, super late in the year, for a short time, or things like the AC Delta that ended up going on clearance when it finally did show up at Target). Sometimes the FOMO is too real, and you got to make a calculated risk on the limited information about these things out there.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Takama

All these Distribution issues, is the reason why i quit the line after only 3 years.

And I had Strict Rules when it came to collecting the line. (But even then, It was still a PITA to find certain species in my neck of the woods)

suspsy

Quote from: ChrisW on December 21, 2022, 12:16:20 AM
Quote from: suspsy on December 20, 2022, 07:31:38 PMI still haven't come across the second wave of Roarivores in stores anywhere. That's Canadian distribution for you once again.

I've only ever seen them at Indigo/Chapters. Nothing at Walmart or Toys R Us.

That was the third wave, the one with the blue Rajasaurus. Haven't seen that anywhere else either. It doesn't really matter to me, I wasn't planning on getting anything from either wave, but it certainly sucks for lots of Canadian collectors. And I actually will be annoyed if the Sinotyrannus never shows up here.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

EmperorDinobot

Distribution issues is why I quit collecting Multiverse. This line has been consistent, though. I have yet to see the Einiosaurus wave, but that was a blink and miss type situation. I'm mostly concerned about the Legacy female raptor and legacy geosternbrgia. I am not too worried about the newer dinosaurs. ast time I went to Target was like 2 weeks ago, and I saw mountains of them.

Faelrin

avatar_EmperorDinobot @EmperorDinobot I can't even recall if anyone's had the luck of finding those yet. Don't think I've even seen any in hand samples like on instagram or reviews of them. I'm fine with skipping them, what with the HC versions on their way, but I can imagine the disappointment of missing out on something like that. To be honest I haven't even seen any beyond the first wave stocked, or stocked well.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'd buy or trade for an Einiosaurus if anyone finds one before I do. 

ItsTwentyBelow

Well I check that Fred Meyer fairly often and that Einiosaurus wave was only stocked maybe a little over a week ago at most. Now could be the time for others to start finding them, too. I only found one Einiosaurus so it could be short-packed though.

The Attack Pack or Ferocious Pack figures have become harder for me to find anywhere else. Never saw the Rugops wave anywhere but this Fred Meyer. Target has not been good at stocking them. Also was the only place I ever found the Shringasaurus.

EmperorDinobot

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin I'm lucky to live in an area where everything has shown up, but there have been blink and you'll miss dinos. I know I'm not the only collector in town. I'm looking at you avatar_ItsTwentyBelow @ItsTwentyBelow , since you too live in the PNW ;)
He's right, too, with the Fred Meyer thing. I found baby Nasuto one day in September, but didn't have cash. Went the next day when I did have cash, and it was gone. I found it again last week along with Rugops, and I didn't have my fm card with me, but I bought them, because something like that happened with an Ichthyovenator a month ago. I was at Walmart, and I was gonna grab the only one they had, but I had to get away from some people who were coming into the same aisle because they looked sick. Once they left, the Ichthyovenator was gone.

Moral of the story: if it's shortpacked, and you see it, grab it. Even if you got no money.

Gwangi

Never saw the Rugops or baby Nasutoceratops, which is just as well because I don't really want either of them but it's still troubling. I thought Mattel and their distributors had their kinks worked out with the first Dominion wave because those were everywhere, including on Target's website. I guess that was just a fluke, or maybe they cared more because of the movie.

Speaking of Target, here you go avatar_EmperorDinobot @EmperorDinobot, the Ichthyovenator for $9.49.
https://www.target.com/p/jurassic-world-dominion-roar-strikers-ichthyovenator-dinosaur-figure/-/A-84794411#lnk=sametab

EmperorDinobot

Thanks for the link avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi . I have been meaning to get another one because the first one I got had a faulty tail. The thing kept popping out.

And yeah there's dinos that are sadly shortpacked, but you end up seeing them a lot in the future. Last I checked, WM was full of Genyodectes...

Gwangi

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on December 22, 2022, 08:56:24 AMThanks for the link avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi . I have been meaning to get another one because the first one I got had a faulty tail. The thing kept popping out.

And yeah there's dinos that are sadly shortpacked, but you end up seeing them a lot in the future. Last I checked, WM was full of Genyodectes...

Yeah, Amazon still has toys for sale from the last wave before Dominion, which upon their release were also hard to find. I'm still hopeful. I did manage to get the Genyodectes but it did take a long time to show up at my Walmart.

EmperorDinobot

I had to use a cheap lightsaber to get them from the very top of the shelf avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi ... that day's exercise, I suppose. 

Gwangi

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on December 22, 2022, 09:11:19 PMI had to use a cheap lightsaber to get them from the very top of the shelf avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi ... that day's exercise, I suppose. 

Haha, the things we do for this hobby...

Faelrin

Checked one of the local walmarts today, a bit further out, but fine. I regret not grabbing a pic, but it was stocked to the brim with Extreme Damage figures (plentiful stock for each, from all three waves), and the big electronic three, and a few of the first wave of electronic figures. They also had a box full of Wave 2 minis. Was hoping Wave 3 would be more readily available by now. I want the Nasutoceratops, and Sinoceratops/Pyroraptor. Grabbed a Genyodectes. Can get the Atrociraptor I'm behind with later.

Also checked a Rite Aid today, but no luck with Nothosaurus wave. The second Rite Aid I wanted to check (in town) was already closed (staffing issues). Hopefully it has better distribution next month. Really don't want to have to resort to paying a scalper for this one.

ItsTwentyBelow

Thanks Faelrin for the Rite Aid tip. I've never seen JW toys at a Rite Aid, and just checked my closest store.

No Nothosaurus, but they did have two copies each of the red Atrociraptor and the crouching tan Atrociraptor, which is part of the Einiosaurus wave. Nothing else, but I'd advise collectors to be checking there!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: